The online racing simulator
Who *can* access these pictures?
(14 posts, started )
Hi folks!

I'm searching for one or two great pictures to print on 'canvas' which actually looks quite nice as I've seen recently..

Searching for legendary racing cars I tried ''auto union'' and Der Spiegel, according to a Google picture search, has some very high res pictures up.. which I can't access, only the low res ones on their site. For example this one:

http://einestages.spiegel.de/h ... e_featured_borderless.jpg

also shows up in a Google picture search as this:

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/9880/bigoneswy4.jpg

4200x2345! Even when it is doubtfull the quality is really worth these megapixels, its a lot closer to being 'wall material' at this resolution.. But all I can find is the low res website version of these photos... :S

Anyone know a hackzoring way to get the large picture?

Edit: when you do a google image search for "*orig* site:einestages.spiegel.de" you get LOADS of high res pics, all of which are not accessible. Some gems in there I bet!
:s /niels
Take a wild guess at why they are not accessible in print resolution....

Same reason software companies don't want you to torrent their software....
Just search images on google with the "Only big images" (I don't know how is it in english thought) that is right under the search box if you want to search anything in high resolution.. you won't be able to see this website's pictures in high res, thought.
That is a Mercedes W125 at Donington Park. But yeah, I want a hi-res too .
Without looking at spiegel's web page I'd guess that those photos are only available to subscribers or then to someone who's willing to pay for them... soo does spiegel have any kind of online mode you could subsribe just for few days, read the paper online and then download those piccies as a paying customer?
#6 - (SaM)
I'm pretty sure Der Spiegel isn't giving it away for free to members as they're not the owner of the copyright, so the way to get the full size image is to buy it from the owner, Getty Images.

http://www.gettyimages.com/Sea ... |2672973|0&id=2672973

Can't see the price without logging in, but perhaps it's worth the money for a high-quality canvas print.
Quote from Tweaker :That is a Mercedes W125 at Donington Park. But yeah, I want a hi-res too .

You sure you're not thinking of Cadwell Park? That looks like Coppice.
I would put my right leg on that being Donington Park
Hmm, so the description says. Reminded me of this, though.

Hmm not much chance of someone hackzoring their way into that site then? bummer!
its one of germanys biggest magazines, not someones ftp
Quote from Forbin :You sure you're not thinking of Cadwell Park? That looks like Coppice.

" Flying Finish
A Mercedes W 125 racing car in dramatic action at the Donington Park Grand Prix. The race was won by German racing driver Berndt Rosemeyer in an Auto Union. (Photo by Fox Photos/Getty Images) "

Quote from Forbin :You sure you're not thinking of Cadwell Park? That looks like Coppice.

The modern Donnington Park bears very little resemblance to the pre-war track.

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG