The online racing simulator
lol at popup window
he has it on window mode and very low resolution
I get a burning sensation during stream, do you think I have a virus?

On a more serious note, I have another question that might be useful during a boring section of the race, if there ever is one. Why is the FZR such a popular choice, what kind of advantages does it have over the FXR and XRR?
#79 - SamH
Quote from amp88 :Thanks to whichever mod changed the thread title

@Hyperactive, if you're on Vista then right-click and choose Full Screen. Works for me.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I get a burning sensation during stream, do you think I have a virus?

On a more serious note, I have another question that might be useful during a boring section of the race, if there ever is one. Why is the FZR such a popular choice, what kind of advantages does it have over the FXR and XRR?

it is faster and doesnt have turbo lag, and doesnt eat tires like FXR
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :On a more serious note, I have another question that might be useful during a boring section of the race, if there ever is one. Why is the FZR such a popular choice, what kind of advantages does it have over the FXR and XRR?

Speed more than anything so they said earlier on.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :I was wondering if you guys would comment on drivers engaging reverse gear before they engage their brains, and what kind of punishment should they get for something so blatent and dangerous? As I understand it you should not move unless the track is clear, no matter where your car ends up.

Also if the teams tested the cars before the race, and found that they can't do much more than 50 minutes on the tyres, why are they taking such a big risk pushing them harder and further than they know is safe?

here's a recap of what we said just now:

The penalty could be imposed by the admins. They have the right to self-initiate an investigation, in addition to any protest(s) that might be filed. That's the MoE case. Other leagues might handle incidents differently. They had a previous incident and the penalty for reversing on track was Loss of 2 Laps. The TDRT incident was caused not by reversing, it appears, but by the action of the car sliding after contacting the wall. There was an incident earlier in the run with the Sonicrealms team which we discussed a few times.

Me and Michael agreed about your point about not moving unless the track is clear. It could confuse approaching drivers to move when they probably already have sighted the car. Best to check upstream, and then move when you can't see any cars. Move quick, but keep aware of the surroundings.

The reasonings for going longer than what testing said your tyres would could be a number of things. Could be change in driving style to fit the racing conditions, could be to try an advantage if you can squeak out a couple extras. During the race, teams will adapt strategy many times. A team manager could give better insight to this.

Hope this helps !

d
Not working for me. Probably me failing something if it's working well for you :/

EDIT: windows media player says on the file info that the video is unkown so it is prolly a missing codec...
EDIT2: the multibc ad in the beginning shows fine though
Quote from G!NhO :it is faster and doesnt have turbo lag, and doesnt eat tires like FXR

I know why, I've been playing LFS for years now, I'm just trying to give them some talking points. Trying to think of things to say for over 6 hours isnt easy!
Flash stream(s) stopped working for me, WMP stream-II is ok.
Quote from Hyperactive :Not working for me. Probably me failing something if it's working well for you :/

EDIT: windows media player says on the file info that the video is unkown so it is prolly a missing codec...

Are you pasting the swf or m3u into WMP? The codec should be native to WMP9, I don't have any codecs installed to this system and it's working
I only get audio
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Are you pasting the swf or m3u into WMP? The codec should be native to WMP9, I don't have any codecs installed to this system and it's working

I'm not that stupid .

Anyways, found the link to some flash stream and saw windows xp booting up just a sec ago... although it's the stream 1...

(sorry for hijacking the thread)

EDIT: works!!111666
Chose the 2nd stream (flash) here: http://www.multibc.de/Streamstarter/
using external stream and it works without a prob... quiet nice quality here audio and visual

one thing I'm curious about is multiBC stream, how much it costs and how much the Full-Service version costs. I'm to shy and lazy to write an eMail to them

TTR: poor SK. a timeout for the team I'm supporting...
Finally got control of my internet connection again, just to clarify I'm asking questions that I know the answers to already. I just feel the pain of the commentators when they sometimes run out of things to talk about.
Is a timeout a 1-lap penalty? Or not?
Is the American dude DWB?

Stream works for me now too
Quote from J@tko :Is the American dude DWB?

Stream works for me now too

There are two American dudes on stream. DWB is the deeper voice who's only been here about a third of the time (because he's driving in today's race) and the other American is Jonathan Palmer (dekojester).
Soo SK's timeout just happened to happen at the same time of the driver change eh

EDIT @Deko &DWB: What's the bank account number for DWB's charity fund?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG