The online racing simulator
The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
Quote from JJ72 :why not? start downloading before you go to bed, wake up next morning, and it's there.

I hadn't thought of it like that. So it's fast in the same way that being cryogenically frozen and reawoken in the year 4008 would be fast.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I hadn't thought of it like that. So it's fast in the same way that being cryogenically frozen and reawoken in the year 4008 would be fast.

Depends if you are aware of time passing I suppose.

When you sleep and then wake, you know time has passed.
When you are knocked out for an operation, it seems pretty instant between "count down from 10" and "take these post-op morphine".
I usually get well over 1 MB/s when downloading from Steam. Can't really call that slow. Going to several stores to find out they don't have it ("yes, we will have it tomorrow") isn't exactly faster, and ordering online takes at least a full day.
Although I don't like Steam at all (i don't like the fact that some company can decide if I'm allowed to play a game or not), I can't call it slow.
Just ordered it Really looking forward to this one. Paid about 42€ for the uncut version.
You guys think that GTA 4 will run faster on a Q6600 at stock speeds than an e8400?

I dont remember seeing any benchmarks showing the q6600 beating the e8400 stock in gaming...
The difference is very small, but your right. We are just rich bastards .
This game is just wasome

I have a Xbox now and this is simply one of the must entertaining game i have played
Quote from pipa :Just ordered it Really looking forward to this one. Paid about 42€ for the uncut version.

uncut?
Well I don't own a console, I found it sad that GTA 4 was made exclusive for XBOX360/PS3, but haha i'm going to make it exclusive for PC here. Shouldn't be much longer.
nope.

I hope there will be an uncut version here too.

anyways, I guess uncut is better then.
Quote from BlakjeKaas :nope.

I hope there will be an uncut version here too.

anyways, I guess uncut is better then.

Whel on that bomshel why cut GTA to make it les voilend (LOL!!)
That's the thing about america, you never worry about censorship, except for TV.
Quote from pipa :Paid about 42€ for the uncut version.

is there a version that also cuts all the chores you have to do all the time while you desperately try to find the little bit of game thats still buried somewhere deep inside the gta series?
Quote from Velociround :Hm... so I bet it's better for me to buy the Q6600?
How much does it cost in your country (anyone can answer that)?
Here in Brazil the less expensive one costs US$300
(and the most expensive Q6600 costs US$700 :jawdrop: )

Im running XP with 2GB ram & an e6300 1.86mhz & i passed !

So you do not need to spend a fortune to play GTA IV.
some nub posts a duplicate thread & you guys all go & post in it :doh: lol
Quote from anttt69 :some nub posts a duplicate thread & you guys all go & post in it :doh: lol

First off, you're not the moderator/administrator of this forum.

Second off, thats the "GTA 4 Thread" mainly for xbox360/PS3. I decided to post a GTA 4 PC thread.

Third, "you guys all go & post in it"

Help me find the best word that suites you.

A. Hypocrisy
B. Contradiction
C. Double standards.

I don't understand, why I can't make a thread, regardless if there is a similar one, if a moderator feels this thread is useless, then he'll delete it.

Sorry to personnally attack you, but in my defense... I did.
Can we set up a special kind of ignore feature that just quietly removes all posts that end with "lol"?
-
(anttt69) DELETED by anttt69
Quote from thisnameistaken :Can we set up a special kind of ignore feature that just quietly removes all posts that end with "lol"?

Then your post gets ignored
-
(anttt69) DELETED by anttt69
Quote from thisnameistaken :It's weird to find someone for whom Steam is the fast way to get a game...

Actually it's the fastest way for me (and to anyone who lives in Brazil) to get a game and also the most reliable and the cheapest one too
(Maybe not the cheapest for GTA IV because of the high taxes on dollar... maybe.. )
Still the fastest STEAM downloads at incredibly high speeds, many times it's even faster than downloading on HTML.

There are a ton of games we can only buy from STEAM, like GTR Evolution (and it's way cheaper too), FlatOut series, some other games I'm not willing to put here now maybe GTA IV too, etc.
Quote from Velociround :Actually it's the fastest way for me (and to anyone who lives in Brazil) to get a game and also the most reliable and the cheapest one too
(Maybe not the cheapest for GTA IV because of the high taxes on dollar... maybe.. )
Still the fastest STEAM downloads at incredibly high speeds, many times it's even faster than downloading on HTML.

There are a ton of games we can only buy from STEAM, like GTR Evolution (and it's way cheaper too), FlatOut series, some other games I'm not willing to put here now maybe GTA IV too, etc.

I can buy GTR Evo for 5 euro at the local store here, just like FlatOut. I never liked Steam, i even hate it.
Does anybody have word about box content (was always quite rich with the previous titles) or maybe a limited edition for the PC? Spent half an hour searching, but no luck so far...
Guess I'll pick it up to much about with it until Saints Row 2 hits the PC on January 30th. Hopefully my rig will run it...
I didn't really have anticipation about the game, but last night I dreamt about it, and the dream was awesome (It's pretty far away from GTA though, kind of future sci-fi mirror's edge setting so it was a weird dream ), well it would be stupid to buy a game base on a dream would it .

The GTA IV thread
(1843 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG