The online racing simulator
righteous, you rock, man! boundless gratitude and tons of karma your way! and, indeed, i'm happy you posted those before deleting them

p.s. just realised i posted my request in the wrong thread. apologologies for that.
Nice " eyes "
Omg neons, omg my eyes, aaaarghs!

Please, no neons under racing cars
You guys are always so fussy. I only did it for fun. Just to try some things. I was not even going to post it, but I thougth someone might like it. ....
Quote from Righteous :You guys are always so fussy. I only did it for fun. Just to try some things. I was not even going to post it, but I thougth someone might like it. ....

Don't worry, it was just "funny"
so what are you using exactly, post effects with the video thingy, or the glare with mental ray

looks pretty cool, btw righteous, on that last FXR renders, i think your tires need a bump map, just a speckle or noise that is lowered alot to give it that uneven surface look would make that look much better

also.. from the rear view... is the paint.. metallic lol?
my first render...
Attached images
render.jpg
Quote from Cropsy :my first render...

Yayness - pretty good effort really Puts some peoples 50th render to shame... Of course I'm sure you don't need anyone to tell you it's not perfect, but I'm impressed. I'd concentrate on the rear lights to begin with - the default texture always look horrid in renders, so I editted mine to make it look better.

Keep it up
^ I hate the smiley now since, ahem, stupid people used it in the sig.
Quote from tristancliffe :Yayness - pretty good effort really Puts some peoples 50th render to shame... Of course I'm sure you don't need anyone to tell you it's not perfect, but I'm impressed. I'd concentrate on the rear lights to begin with - the default texture always look horrid in renders, so I editted mine to make it look better.

Keep it up
^ I hate the smiley now since, ahem, stupid people used it in the sig.

Thanks. Yeah it is far from perfect and very little of it is my own work. I'm going to leave rendering LFS cars for abit and learn how to use the program better so I can create something that is 100% my own work.
Quote from XCNuse :so what are you using exactly, post effects with the video thingy, or the glare with mental ray

looks pretty cool, btw righteous, on that last FXR renders, i think your tires need a bump map, just a speckle or noise that is lowered alot to give it that uneven surface look would make that look much better

also.. from the rear view... is the paint.. metallic lol?

I have said this lots of time in many places. I dont actually use 3d max. I own lightwave 3d, so that is the program I use.

Nothing you see in those renders is done in post. Its all completely done through lightwave. Which means I can animate it all. The headlights in the rice one are done using some alpha maps. I just set up the UV's, now I can add anything I want to headlights, such as extra sponsors.

The headlight glow is exactly that. I have set the headlights with a high luminosity value and applied a glow effect. I had to seperate the Headlight texture from the rest of the interior texture otherwise, I would have all those other objects attached to the interior texture glowing also.

As for the tyres. I played with them a lot and decided that was the look I was happiest with. It depends on the light. I did change the surface from the first pic though. I am happy with them. But having said that. Im never really completely satisfied with anything I do

Is the paint metalic? Unforuntely no. I could but, theres a whole new level of complication associated with that. I would need to create alpha maps of all the skins I get in order to do that. Screw that . I think i know where you are looking at. Above the rear wheel. I believe its just a light reflecting with a bit of noise. Makes it look metalic.
Glad you liked.
clone war render
Attached images
xfgrendu.jpg
Quote from ldriver :clone war render

lol alright righteous, that makes it so much easier, wasnt sure, because you can get similar effects in 3dsmax if done properly, but i've heard its extremely easier in lightwave (and looks much better too)

it is a great render of that car either way lol (even if its not supposed to be metallic, it gives it a great flare)

@ldriver... hmm.. ATTACK OF THE GTI'S RUNNNNN!N!!
oh wait.. no .. no you dont have to run.. i think we can walk.. arent to fast you knows
I m not afraid by clones you know,i'm a jedi,watch the way i overtake them:heyjoe67_
Attached images
essai2.gif
wait a tick.. wheres the driver in either car
They wear camouflage suit
rubish.. .. HE IS A JEDI.. GET HIM!!!!

I created this from several scenes that I have found on the web.....It took about 4 hours to render...LOL

I know this is not an LFS car but I dont have a great skin that I have done yet... Just wanted to get a good scene together first.

Car is from F1 Challenge
hm cant really see an LFS car there, but its nice

My first skin i rendered.

What you guys think?
Would almost hop in and drive off with it
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Would almost hop in and drive off with it

and then being stopped by the door, there are no door knobs!!
Its a good start. Try and get creative. We have all seen those renders before. Go to www.turbosquid.com Fill out your scenes with some detail. Or even better, find a tutorial and learn how to render.

But if you just wanna show off a skin. Then it looks great to me
That entire scene just looks beautiful... I pretty much want it but without team related stuff. Maybe one day have a wallpaper with all those cars on there, but with official LFS skins?

I hope

3D LFS renders
(8243 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG