The online racing simulator
Request for a Scoring System!
Hi all,

This is my first post on the LFS Forum, but i thought i'de go straight in at the deep end. At the moment our team is using the LFSLAPPER 5.7 but we have decided to get a couple of dedi servers and would like to include some kind of scoring system (points for 1st, 2nd and so on) i have seen a few floating around on LFS but whether they are private i'm not sure. So my request is could anyone point me in the right direction or create a little something to add into the lapper.
Many thanks......
Well i only know one system that can do that , but i dont think that you would get it , Its called CTRA X-system, there is only one problem with the system, its not open source. and its a big mystery

but maybe some cruiser insim maker can help you
Drive_LFSS , has a Multiple Scoring system called , Event To LeaderBoard(Scoring).

So you can have many LeaderBoard linked to a specific event Starting at the Interval you chosen, will have a calandar soon with inscription from ingame for Driver and Team.

He has a General Ranking system too, for all Combinaison of Track/Car(1044). Ranking is NOT Scoring

And he has a Auto Bad Driving detection, who work pretty good, called SafeDriving.

Only 1 drive_lfss can control as many server as you wan and offcourse they are all linked together.

You can start Multiple Drive_LFSS and they will still be linked. Anywhere in the world.

You can event Start multiple MySQL server anywhere in the world , they will become all linked together.

You can use one or multiple mIRC server to Link all your server Chat together and have a Admin managing the server from mIRC.

Me personaly i have 1 Drive_LFSS , 17 LFS server and 2 MySQL DB and 1 mIRC , all Becoming ONE.

if you wan to know more on the project and is feature:
http://maya.aleajecta.com/trac/dlfss/wiki

If you wan to try a server with him and see what happen from ingame
"Aleajecta FBM" is a demo server with all this activated, Leaderboard(Scoring) is the General one , there is no Event on this server.

And having a WWW access to show all data recorded by Drive_LFSS , pretty easy if you know MySQL.

The project is no more OpenSource , since i lost motivation.... but this is something that im surely able to refind

P.S. last feature is Drive_LFSS see the Map/Track as a Human EYE will see it This sound simple like this... but a example of what i can do with this is Calculate the Difference between a Drift and a LostControl , since i know where you go and where the track go.

I will do a virtual mirror soon to show how rock and roll is this feature

For moment she helped me a lot to Make SafeDriving better.
Quote from hotmail :Well i only know one system that can do that , but i dont think that you would get it , Its called CTRA X-system, there is only one problem with the system, its not open source. and its a big mystery

but maybe some cruiser insim maker can help you

Big mystery? No way, we just have a bunch of outsourced indians in a call center.
Drive_LFSS
Quote:Greenseed

The project is no more OpenSource , since i lost motivation.... but this is something that im surely able to refind

Hi Greenseed, Sorry to hear u lost your motivation for this

As u said above if u cud find it again Mattb66 and I and the rest of the

B2R Team would very much like to try it Sounds just what were looking

for . . . Hope u can find it lol

Cheers!

Garally
Hello Garally,

My general idea of the project and where the project goes as change last day from a conversation with friend.

We where talking a lot of how many server wan to have the OWN LOCAL stats or scoring system.

Into another hand you have a LFSW who is very much amazing and contain a lot of information.

Since i do DLFSS im trying to STICK with the LFSW database and data how can i pass over that magnificent work. DLFSS ranking system is in fact another approch to present you the Data from LFSW since my data really come from there.

That mean i can go race on the server i have a better ping and i will still be ranked! and not miss understand a RANKING system SHOULD reflect your CURRENT SKILL and not show how much point you accumulated.

DLFSS as a scoring system too , he gave you a score depending the Race Difficulty for you and how you where able to fight this difficulty, this become LOCAL data and i'm a little oppose on that , i did it because driver ask for it. Me i wanted only a leaderBoard linked to a UNIQUE event so can have multiple event and multiple leaderBoard or Class as we need, but Still LOCAL data.

So here is my point of all that explanation.

DLFSS is able to work into very flexible way to share content and data among multiple lfs server or multiple SQL database, so my goal will be to make everyone sharing the same data.

So if you tell me you wan to use drive_lfss we will build a OpenVPN link for your server to join the VPN network and then from there we will have secure connection to get our SQL server synchronize.

We can make Drive_LFSS work from my server , but this is not good idea for Latency reason , drive_lfss can deliver a 1ms loop if you wan!

And only 1 Drive_LFSS is needed for you event if you have 2000000 of LFS server.

So think about it if you wan to give a try! normaly all setup into 30 minute.
Sounds very interesting but i haven't got clue as to what half of it means....So basically it is a lapper that can provide a leaderboard for diferant race classes that are in 1 race e.g XFG-FBM-XRT<<< just a few examples is this the way it works? I am intreged as to how this worked and sounds as if u have put a hell of alot of work into this would be very interesting to see some screen shots of what it looks like can u send some? Plz.... thank you
server "Aleajecta FBM E" is a demo server running the insim .

From ingame menu you can use "server status" who will show you all server into the cluster there some s2,s1 and demo.

here too follow the insim developement:
http://maya.aleajecta.com/trac/dlfss/

take time to read on that site

for information i am at a stable state and most core feature completely added.
Looks interesting also birder thnx for the reply
#11 - sun
ermm, i remember when i first started looking for one, it was in the drift lapper. You could probebly get some of the code out of that, as you may know, it might just work for your needs
-
LFS Buddy (Velocity.) DELETED by Velocity.
Quote from birder :Try LFSBuddy at www.lfsbuddy.com

This is installed on all our servers

Been trying to download LFS Buddy so i can test it on a B2R server but it wont download from the website. Is there anywhere else it can be downloaded from????????
Is Drive_LFSS avaiable for download?
Quote from lysergic :Is Drive_LFSS avaiable for download?

no. he closed the source, or stopped working on it... i'd ask him but he seems to have disappeared.

Request for a Scoring System!
(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG