The online racing simulator
What's Your Claim to Fame?
(200 posts, started )
As a youngster I was assistant captain on my hockey team the year we went to the Nationals. We were the first team from our city to ever go that far. We placed 8th out of 8 teams...

I'm a published illustrator in a series of books by Rodale Press. Build It Better Yourself Woodworking Projects http://www.amazon.com/Closets- ... ng-Projects/dp/0878579478

I've partied with these guys after they made it big...
Darius Rucker, Mark Bryan, Dean Felber & Jim Sonefeld.
My wifes cousin married Mark Bryan. We spent an all expenses paid week on the beach with them the week of the wedding We've been to private parties hosted by Dan Patrick (from ESPN) for charity golf benefits where the Blowfish were just some of the celebrities.
My grandpa was in the winter Olympics for long jump.

My dad played hockey for the polish team during the 1976 Olympics.

I was the only freshman on varsity hockey team Also, played Div. 3 college hockey. Now just play on an adult league.
claim to fame?

maybe not..........

but.........

the last year that Barry sheen attended the goodwood revival meeting, myself and a bunch of autograph hunters stopped him (by standing in his way, but he was ok about it) while he was riding a 60's brit motorbike.
he signed for everyone and chatted.
he went to go, but the bike wouldnt fire.
kick start only......

i said, "no problem Barry, i will give you a bump start"........fully expecting him to say sod off, or something similar.

he said, "cheers mate, that would be great" or similar.....

so myself, and the guy i went with are pushing the great man for about 100 yards............he bumps it and it fires......he rides away, glances back, waves.and then he's gone.

something i shall treasure forever and bore the grandchildren shitless about in years to come.
Wow.

"I once bumpstarted Barry Sheene".

Top of this thread so far, in my eyes.
I'm quite familiar at the local police department..does that count?
i had to take jonathan woodgate back to the hotel where i work , does that really count thou ?

and i got the whole team to sighn my work shirt .
#82 - AMB
Ermm I have an uncle who is rich, not really fame.... my dad also usto race Motorbikes at famous tracks
#83 - AMB
Quote from mr grady :claim to fame?

maybe not..........

but.........

the last year that Barry sheen attended the goodwood revival meeting, myself and a bunch of autograph hunters stopped him (by standing in his way, but he was ok about it) while he was riding a 60's brit motorbike.
he signed for everyone and chatted.
he went to go, but the bike wouldnt fire.
kick start only......

i said, "no problem Barry, i will give you a bump start"........fully expecting him to say sod off, or something similar.

he said, "cheers mate, that would be great" or similar.....

so myself, and the guy i went with are pushing the great man for about 100 yards............he bumps it and it fires......he rides away, glances back, waves.and then he's gone.

something i shall treasure forever and bore the grandchildren shitless about in years to come.

Sorry to double post but saw this and thought it was worth a quote, that's really cool, he had more metal in him than anything else
I'm royal. I decent from the royal families of Denmark and Norway a thousand years ago.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Many many years ago (2002 or 2003 I think), My Dad and me getting our photo with British Superbike Champion Shakey Shane Byrne

Your dad looks familiar.. You sure he isn't someone well known??

OK if we're doing this level of claims...

a) Been on the same track, at the same time as John Reynolds (not racing obviously) - you're probably all bored of that one huh?

b) John Barnes was couple of years above me at secondary school

c) David Milliband was in the year below me at school and was in the same classes as a good freind of mine.

and best of all

d) I once completely blanked the Iron Maiden drummer at a musical instrument show, (and I was a big IM fan at the time !!). I walked right up to and past him because I didn't recognise him in the flesh, didn't realise until later who he was when I saw him performing a masterclass at the show and It clicked why he had looked at me so expectantly when I walked up to him. He must have been expecting me to ask him for his autograph !!
British GP 1991 - was nearly ran over by Sir Stirling Moss on a scooter ("Sorry old boy!" he said to me as he whizzed past).

Got my own back on celebrities a year later when I nearly ran over Sir Norman Wisdom. My reward for sparing his life was one of his trademark trips as he walked off.

Rick Wakeman refused to buy a melon off me as it was 8p cheaper in a shop 2 miles away.

I was interviewed by the BBC for a kids consumer programme because the shop I worked in had the most expensive crisps on the Isle of Man. It was never broadcast.
Well this is all I can post that doesn't stroke my ego. I look like a complete bandit freak next to Paul Gasgoine at some charity karting gig ! It looks like he's thinking "who the F%ck is this nutjob?"

I saw the flash and thought 'oh dear i look like a c&nt'!
Attached images
dork.jpg
Quote from (SaM) :
A track I've produced is being played on radiostations worldwide.

What's it called?
Quote from gezmoor :I once completely blanked the Iron Maiden drummer at a musical instrument show, (and I was a big IM fan at the time !!). I walked right up to and past him because I didn't recognise him in the flesh, didn't realise until later who he was when I saw him performing a masterclass at the show and It clicked why he had looked at me so expectantly when I walked up to him. He must have been expecting me to ask him for his autograph !!

Haha. The same thing happened to me with Hugh Dennis once in Leeds train station. He gave me a big cheesy grin as I... walked past.

Also, former Radio 1 DJ and current nobody Bruno Brookes tried for an hour and a half to pick up my girlfriend in a pub last year. To keep herself entertained she spent the whole time pretending she didn't have a clue who he was.
Sir Trevor Brooking shook my hand and had a chat to me after playing football for my club a couple of years ago. Only thing I can think of right now. If something else comes to mind I shall update!
who da fak is dat chris
Quote from S14 DRIFT :who da fak is dat chris

probably some dude that plays/played football for the Gills
Sir Trevor Brooking ? Famous ex England player who scored for England 5 times with 47 caps. Played in midfield. A member of the FA I believe as the Director of Football Development and is also occasionally a football pundit on TV
Quote from Gills4life :Sir Trevor Brooking ? Famous ex England player who scored for England 5 times with 47 caps. Played in midfield. A member of the FA I believe as the Director of Football Development and is also occasionally a football pundit on TV

i dont know him

oww i once saw ted hanky in some small cafe in holland where he gave some darting demonstrations, and i got his autograph on a wristband
Some good ones coming, keep it up!

Another one I've thought of: we went to see a Derren Brown show (mind control guy) and my mum got to go on stage with him and got a kiss off him in the end!

Come to think of it, I've also had a brief chat and a hand shake with the legend that is Frank Sytner.
#96 - Kaw
Once I was on this show for kids to sing kareokee, damn that pwned. For danes its called "Snurresnups Søndags Klub".

Other than that I've on a Newspaper because somebody assualted me and took my cell phone

Other than that, no mention worthy things
Quote from Gills4life :Sir Trevor Brooking ? Famous ex England player who scored for England 5 times with 47 caps. Played in midfield. A member of the FA I believe as the Director of Football Development and is also occasionally a football pundit on TV

And lest we forget he used to do the commentary for Pro Evo Soccer which we all thought was rubbish until they replaced him with Mark Lawrenson and suddenly we all wanted Brooking back!
Some more:
Seen Jim Bowen on the motorway being driven in his Rolls Royce. He seem'd to be really miserable. I spoke to the Krankies at Exeter Airport.

One of my Martial Arts instructors, Tom Barlow is national champion in grappling at 62kilos that he won this year at the Grappling Open Championships.
Quote from sam93 :Some more:
Seen Jim Bowen on the motorway being driven in his Rolls Royce. He seem'd to be really miserable. I spoke to the Krankies at Exeter Airport.

bloody hell, im not sure id admit to either of them.

i hope you told the krankies to feck off!

Discovered last night that I was baby sat by the sister of Stephen Fry, and that I attended their wedding (his sister's that is). I don't actually have any memory of her, but I think I recall snippets of the wedding.

What's Your Claim to Fame?
(200 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG