The online racing simulator
Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
Colin McRae Dirt 2 !

Codemasters Announce Colin McRae: DiRT™2

The game’s going to include loads of off-road events, taking you all over the world. This World Tour will have you competing in aggressive multi-car and intense solo races at extraordinary new locations.

Exhilarating new events include the edge-of-control canyon racing of Utah’s “Creek Trailblazer” event, the treacherous muddy tracks of the “Rawang Rally Run”, set in the rainforests of Malaysia, and the “Battersea Battle” of London, where rallycross night races are staged in and around Battersea’s iconic disused power station, transformed into an industrial amphitheatre of racing.

The Game will be powered by the third generation of the EGO Engine’s award-winning racing game technology, Colin McRae: DiRT 2 will benefit from tuned-up car-handling physics system and new and improved damage engine effects. It will also be upping the ante in the visual stakes as well, by having cars and tracks twice as detailed as those seen in Race Driver: GRID!

“Rally has attracted new stars and a new style that makes it more vibrant and exciting than ever before; it’s right up there as a premium extreme sport, attracting fresh crowds and a new confident attitude,” said Gavin Raeburn, senior executive producer, also known as Uncle Chewy on the forums.

More Styles of Off-Road Racing
Expanding on the variety of race styles, players can also expect a wider selection of race formats, inspired by authentic contemporary off-road solo, multi-car, and multi-class racing. ‘Rally’ returns reinvigorated with all-new edge-of-your-seat courses through hazardous new locations, the hugely popular ‘Rallycross’ also features for close battling racing in spectacular new settings. Raid, the reinvention of DiRT’s Rally Raid, will offer wide open point-to-point stages for multiple competitors to race the heavier off-road vehicles on terrain filled with natural obstacles. Trailblazer is the new hill climb event that will take drivers downhill too and there’s more to be announced…

Faster, More Powerful Cars
Covering seven vehicle classes, You’ll get the keys to powerful vehicles right from the off! As an example of what we are talking about, the opening drive in the game is the Group N Subaru; essentially making the ultimate car from the original game the starting point in the sequel, and the metal gets faster and even more impressive from there.

Tour The World
Immersing yourself in the World Tour and delivering a true feeling of progression, you’ll travel the globe in your own RV; the interior of which will form both the game’s front end and the gateway to new locations. As illustrated in the trailer video, at each location the RV will park up ahead of the race event, with the awaiting scene visible through the windows.

Full Online Play
In addition to the World Tour, Colin McRae: DiRT 2 will come complete with full online functionality that will be core to the overall experience, with head-to-head competitive online play and new social features to engage the racing community.

Sign up for the drive of your life at www.codemasters.com/dirt2, and race over to the Dirt 2 forums to discuss all the latest news and game features!

saw it, looks really cool imo
so will we need nasa computer to run it?
Quote from DevilDare :so will we need nasa computer to run it?

By the looks of it, yes. lol.

Quote from LFSn00b :Just saw a screenie of it, lets hope the physics will be as good as the graphics

*waits for G!nhO to troll post "Stupid arcade poo poo" comment*

Lol.
Well Codies have said that their future F1 game will be a sim-like. Maybe they will make Dirt 2 more realistic and sim-like than the first Dirt. I certainly hope so. Won't get my hopes up.
#6 - MR_B
Quote from LFSn00b :lets hope the physics will be as good as the graphics

You'd be wasting your hopes.

Hope for something else, it'll be more likely. Like having your wrists grow cups so you'll never be without a juicy drink!
Quote from DevilDare :so will we need nasa computer to run it?

moral of the story, get a console
PCs just aren't keeping up with the new games unless you want to pay thousands of dollars for something a $200 xbox will run.
Over used bloom with shitty physics, SWEET!
I got the first one free and im glad i did lol
Quote from LFSn00b :*waits for G!nhO to troll post "Stupid arcade poo poo" comment*

We can't wait that long. Let me oblige.

Codemasters presents Dirt 2
Stupid arcade poo. Guaranteed, or your money back.
I think its going to be a long time before a rally game beats RBR Codemasters obviously aren't up to the job, and who else makes rally games these days?

I don't know if I could even try this, the memories of Grid are too painful
I saw some Subaru screenies here... Now that's quality!
Quote from flymike91 :moral of the story, get a console
PCs just aren't keeping up with the new games unless you want to pay thousands of dollars for something a $200 xbox will run.

I'd be really surprised if the latest generation XBOX could handle graphics 'twice as detailed as those seen in Race Driver: GRID!'. I'm sure that level of detail will be strictly reserved for the PC edition
DIRT- ONLY INTERNET FRIENDS COUNT YOU'RE NOT ALLOWED TO PLAY WITH REAL FRIENDS BECAUSE YOU'RE A GAMER AND HAVE NONE SO WE WON'T INCLUDE ANY SPLITSCREEN MULTIPLAYER DESPITE OUR PREVIOUS GAME ALLOWING 4 PLAYER SPLITSCREEN. BLOOM, BLOOM, BLOOM, BLOOM, PRETTY CRASH, BLOOM, BLOOM, BLOOM, ADVERTISING FOR OUR OTHER AWESOME BLOOMTASTIC ANTI-SOCIAL GAMES...BLOOM!

DIRT 2 - You're still not allowed real friends kind sir, but you can have some new cars and tracks, it's the same game engine, so basically this is £40 additional content for DIRT rather than a new game, but you will buy it anyway, because you love the pretty crashes and the BLOOM!
Not Enough Bloom
i haven't even played the first DiRT yet :O
Quote from LFSn00b :

*waits for G!nhO to troll post "Stupid arcade poo poo" comment*

nope, i do like DiRT

because there is no tuner/ricer stuff, and i like offroad
Quote from Töki (HUN) :I saw some Subaru screenies here... Now that's quality!

I'll eat my own face if those are real-time ingame shots.
Ultra-realistic graphics ftw!

These graphics + great physics + no FPS drops = 2009 rally game winner!
Quote from Furiously-Fast :Ultra-realistic graphics ftw!

These graphics + great physics + no FPS drops = 2009 rally game winner!

Those graphics + great physics + no FPS drops = Aeroplanes crashing because they flew into flocks of pigs.
-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Quote from Jertje :I'll eat my own face if those are real-time ingame shots.

I thought the same. Hmm, too bad they're renders
Let's hope they improve the physics some
Other than that - great graphic, multiplaysupport = YAY! About freaki'n time I'd say. I going to test it, demo or something, before saying the driving is crap, tho I know codemaster - they make arcade games and camulage it with sim-assosiating names.
i see an evo x
yummy

Colin McRae Dirt 2 !
(522 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG