0-60 times.
(39 posts, started )
Quote from f4sttr@ck :Ok after more testing with a timer I did find my times to be off. With my limitations, using a timer I got about 6.8 seconds. Without limitations, 4 seconds. which still seems extremely fast to me.

Go to the drag strip. Make a run. View the replay. Use the pause button as you hit 60mph or 100kph. You can get a pretty close time that way. Maybe not perfect, but darned close.

The tools available now don't allow you to do much with the car beyond the power and weight. You can't change tire width, track, CG, etc on the car. LFS will come pretty close for basic acceleration, but not much more than that because the cars in LFS are too different from the car you are trying to model. That doesn't mean that LFS is wrong, it means that it does a good job of simulating.

Also, to get a better feel for it, google the E46 and get gear ratios and diff gearing numbers. That will help a lot. Also, because of the turbo, the torque curve is totally wrong so this will only be a very rough estimation. I understand doing it though... it is fun

I also think the weight you listed is a bit low. It should be closer to 3200lbs. My E46 323i is about 3150 without fuel or driver.
Quote from e2mustang :Even if your watching your speedo is way too fast for road cars. i usually drive xrt and its faster than my e36 m3 so if we are goint to make this game that so realisitic(coz wer doing it!) these things have to be fixed also right?

edit: also the speedfeel is not right for me.

Well, I'm sure with that data the devs should be able to get it perfect now.
Yeah I know that my weight is a bit low. I was not looking for an exact, just a rough estimation. I think it did pretty good even though I know the 328i will be slower. Although being a BMW I'm willing to bet the handling will be even better then that of the XRT. Not to mention I get comfort and luxury along with power and speed.
BTW e2mustang thats a nice M3. Looks almost the same as the 328i I'm going to purchase. Is it a 98?
Quote from JohnnyFX :Well, I'm sure with that data the devs should be able to get it perfect now.

a game never will the same as IRL but what lfs can produce is simply amazing,there is no better sim than lfs thats for sure!

Quote from f4sttr@ck :BTW e2mustang thats a nice M3. Looks almost the same as the 328i I'm going to purchase. Is it a 98?

its a '97 4 door,tuned by me,i cant pray for better car than this,im in love
Hmm. If the XRT is so fast, and a car with not too much power is pretty accurate, the problem might be the grip of the tyres, when they're spinning. Because I think the tyres in LFS have a little too much grip when you lock them up, or when you do a burnout. It seems that it's best to keep full throttle all the way on all the cars.
Yeah I noticed that to. If you take a 2000 camaro and full throttle it its gonna send u into a tree. Now take the FZ5 which has 40 bhp more and full throttle and ur gonna shoot of like a rocket, tc or not.
Quote from Darkone55 :the problem might be the grip of the tyres, when they're spinning.

Slicks(LFS) vs. road tires(reality)?
Or what´s the comparison?
Quote from madmat28 :Slicks(LFS) vs. road tires(reality)?

Well, since we're talking about road cars... :P
Quote from madmat28 :Slicks(LFS) vs. road tires(reality)?

'cuz yeah the XRT comes with slick tyres
If you close your eyes and imagine real hard the XRT comes with monster truck tires.
Quote from Darkone55 :Well, since we're talking about road cars... :P

Uhm.. you´re right.
"Slick" was the wrong term, it´s supposed to be "racing tires".
Until now I assumed even on the LFS road cars the tires are racing tires at least, sth. like the "Michelin Pilot Sport Cup" we use in the GLP-Cup.
No slicks - but no regular street tires either.

Or are the XRT rubbers supposed to 25€/pc tires from the dealer around the corner?

If so - you´re right again - they do have too much grip.
I suspect being the tires are called Road-Normal, they are normal road tires. The road super are probably street/track tires.
Quote from f4sttr@ck :Yeah I noticed that to. If you take a 2000 camaro and full throttle it its gonna send u into a tree. Now take the FZ5 which has 40 bhp more and full throttle and ur gonna shoot of like a rocket, tc or not.

While the FZ5 has more power, you are comparing peak to peak. The FZ5's peak torque is 289 at 5000rpm. The 2000 Camaro SS has peak torque of 345lb/ft at 4400rpm. So you have to find what RPM the Camaro SS gets 289lb/ft of torque. That comes out to be about 2200RPM on the Camaro SS, based on this dyno chart:

Try going full throttle at 2200rpm and you will have simmilar results with high-performance street/track tires.

0-60 times.
(39 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG