The online racing simulator
Brundle Confirmed with BBC for 2009
Good
Hehe, NoScript ftw
Cheers for that, I lost everything I'd typed in my other browser tab.
Post reported. Sorry, but it's too annoying to be funny. Wouldn't have been so bad if I'd been using IE either, but it took the entire damn thing.
Jake Humphry, who probably will be presenting the coverage, will also be hosting SPOTY this year.
Yeah - apparently Hamilton is favourite, which is odd, as he doesn't have a personality.
Quote from Dajmin :Cheers for that, I lost everything I'd typed in my other browser tab.
Post reported. Sorry, but it's too annoying to be funny. Wouldn't have been so bad if I'd been using IE either, but it took the entire damn thing.

Now now, you should have looked at the link first, really

Anyway, back on topic: Brundle for the BBC is great news. He really knows his F1 (mainly due to having driven in it himself) and was EASILY the better commentator ITV had.
#11 - wild
That's the best news I've heard for a long time. Hopefully we can get some other cheery faces there too
Quote from tristancliffe :Yeah - apparently Hamilton is favourite, which is odd, as he doesn't have a personality.

That thing that loiters about in the background of all the pics he is in ?

Ah no...that's his Dad.
I'd like to see Blundell too if he hasnt been confirmed already
Quote from bean0 :that Thing That Loiters About In The Background Of All The Pics He Is In ?

Ah No...that's His Dad.

Quote from sniffpetrol :The Brazilian Grand Prix Was One Of The Most Exciting Climaxes To An F1 Season Ever Seen And In The End It Came Down To A Battle Between Just Two Men. Those Men Were Anthony Hamilton And Luiz Antonio Massa, And After 71 Laps Only One Of Them Could Be Victorious In What Has Been An Epic Season-long Fight For More Tv Time.

Massa Made A Mighty Start With A World Class Display Of Looking Pensive And Quickly Pulled Away All The Cameras From The Mclaren Pit, Although Hamilton Quickly Fought Back With A Fine Demonstration Of Looking Intense And Concerned.

However, By The First Pit Stops It Was The Brazilian Who Held The Upper Hand – And The Attention Of The Cameras – With A Series Of Excitable Hand Gestures That His British Rival Appeared Unable To Match. Within A Few Laps, However, Hamilton Was Back In The Game – And On The Telly – With A Truly Impressive Focussed Stare At A Monitor In The Garage.

Massa Was Fighting Valiantly With Some Swiftly Dispatched Finger Crossing But Appeared Unable To Get The Better Of The Englishman. Then, Just After The Second Pit Stops, Disaster For Hamilton As He Stepped Outside The Back Of The Pit Garage, Failing To Realise That There Were No Television Crews In This Area.

Massa Appeared Unstoppable Now And The Pace Of His Visible Paternal Concern Showed As The Race Entered Its Final Few Laps. Hamilton Appeared To Staring Down The Barrel Of Defeat – Rather Than The Lens Of A Digibeta Camera. But Then, Just When All Seemed To Be Lost, The British Hopeful Suddenly Got Past Some Mechanics Who Were Standing Between Him And A Film Unit.

Victory Was His And He Was Able To Celebrate With Abandon As He Knew That At Last He Was, Without Doubt, On Television.

Silly capitalisation of quotes is annoying though. Sorry.
Nice, I've always liked Brundles style.
#16 - wild
Quote from gezmoor :Nice, I've always liked Brundles style.

I think pretty much whole of the UK Formula 1 Fans Do
I hope somehow his BBC status will give him a bit more clout in the grid-walks, which really seemed to degenerate into dead air towards the end. It's rare he even got to talk to a driver, although it probably has to be said that F1 seems incredibly un-media-friendly in that respect these days. Particularly compared to MotoGP for instance.
#18 - MR_B
Is there any information whether they'll actually have a good full on show like ITV's, instead of what the BBC had before which was either not live, or just *lights out-race-flag-next show*
I wouldn't have thought that Ecclestone would have sold them the rights if he thought it was going to be substantially worse than the ITV coverage.
#20 - wild
I think it will be more like the BBC Football Coverage.

The are defiantly going to be in the studio, Well Coulthard and the other dude will be. Brundle and someone else will be actually at the race. Hopefully they won't jump back in to the studio in between the race, so we can watch it all

Quote from RockBottomWalsh :I wouldn't have thought that Ecclestone would have sold them the rights if he thought it was going to be substantially worse than the ITV coverage.

Well anythings possible
Quote from RockBottomWalsh :I wouldn't have thought that Ecclestone would have sold them the rights if he thought it was going to be substantially worse than the ITV coverage.

Unless the BBC offered him substantially more money than ITV.
Quote from ultrataco :Unless the BBC offered him substantially more money than ITV.

Doubt it, due to the unique way that the BBC is funded, all that money went to Jonathan Ross and Russel Brand's wages
And the BBC is worse off without them

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG