The online racing simulator
Quote from deggis :If there wasn't multiplayer in LFS demo even more people wouldn't buy it.

true
^^ May put a lot of people off, especially those coming from GTR/GPL/rFactor because some of the demo servers are nothing like any other sim environment people are used to.
And some people say that LFS has bad engine sounds.... ehem
Quote from csimpok :And some people say that LFS has bad engine sounds.... ehem

I second that.

so i take it, its pretty much crap?
no its not too bad. i will get a video up soon hopefully. i only have demo though. The sounds are similar to LFS. It takes awhile to get used to but its not as crap as some are saying.

*edit*
ok i can get a vid but no sound it just repeats about .5 worth of sounds while recording.
Quote from Vendetta :so i take it, its pretty much crap?

if u can get past the gigantic bugs, the shit ui, the ridiculous controller support, unresponsive controls and sound, then you are welcomed to the exact same netkar as before.
dreadful physics. simplistic and yet, uber incorrect. if they were so-so at least, i could comment further. no wonder the testers left...
froze my puter 2 times but i found a trick to go around dat. (this is no joke involving deleting the game)
to charge 36 euros for this is pedantic and an insult to every honest, hardworking developer out there.
this kind of crap gives bad rep to garage coders and i feel pity for the ones that got mugged in a pre-buy rush (except for doug and satorian. those deserve the product).
i thought that once he ate almost all his past words, and was forced to copycat lfs without admiting it (man if u had pride i imagine it would have been difficult), we are left with a ultra buggy , untested, unpolished, arcade sub-standard attempt of a copy. this should be stuck in a bottle in some medical university shelf. software abortion sample, tried to be something and fails miserably.
nkp gives lol a new meaning , thats for sure.

well done mussolini! now off to the fps football sim. if the ball physics are not that great u can always blame the bad pitch

ps: greets to whoever made the graphical effort in hyping this junk. he made a nice job. loved the original slogan.

pps: my fave jap movie is tampopo. korean is prolly oldboy. do u think u know me? .|.
heres a small vid (1.48 meg) from the demo http://www.zippyvideos.com/2599773474757776/netkarxv/. Shows me starting car pulling out of pits and crashing. The demo isnt supposed to have the AIM display but you can get around it and it is 100% better with it on. The physics are pretty good but the game lags a bit so its hard to get a good lap in. The vid is also sped up from the 15fps fraps capture to 30fps so its a lot faster than it really is.
oldboy is a heavy duty movie.
Sounds awful but at least the physics are IMO much better than the FOX. Tracks are uninspiring and MP seems flawed. Only real upside is the physics not overly impressed and the UI is a joke. Overall it's not as bad as Kidecoda makes out but not up to the hype.
gonna try the demo now...if i can..
Quote from ajp71 :Sounds awful but at least the physics are IMO much better than the FOX.

ahahahaaha.
Apparantley it can sound a bit better by changing the latency setting in the audio settings box.
wow..that sucked.
sounds alot better when you change it from 200ms to 50ms.
It's decent, at first i was apalled, but its growing on me, i kinda like it now. Online play on a jap server was decent, so a server here in NA should be good stuff. Dont give up on it, it has potential.
Quote from Vendetta :wow..that sucked.

lol that really sums it up.

Even though you can get the LCD/AIM thingie working, this has to be the least intelligent demo restriction ever.

The sound is unbelievably awful, Steinberg wrote code capable of synthesizing sound in very good quality with very low latency thru DirectX - 9 years ago - which even worked on computers from 9 years ago, i seriously cannot understand how you can write a sound engine that has latency "steps", which it seems nkpro is using, ie. 200ms plays the same generated sound for 200ms and then makes a new one, 50ms is still completely horrid.

It even seems Steinbergs SDK is free and without royalties, if i'm not too tired to read legal text.
#94 - avih
it feels and looks very similar to namie 0.99. lack of polish with better graphics and colors doesn't make it polished.

I liked namie for the different "feel" it has, it's good driving experience, but i don't see any reason to shell money on this. namie has so many tracks, with a bit lesser graphics. but it's namie.

well overhyped imo.

ps,
and why the heck do i have to spend more than 5s to find out how to get out on the track???
wow... that game sucks.
Quote from KiDCoDEa :should be stuck in a bottle in some medical university shelf. software abortion sample, tried to be something and fails miserably.

Fcuking hell mate, dont be afraid to say what you really feel. Let it all out before it eats away at you.

Btw, has the video posted above been speeded up? It looks like its running 10x faster then it should be..
first crash putting my name in, was ok next time.
second crash starting a race, keeps happening.
looks like a great piece of software...
Quote from L(Oo)ney :Btw, has the video posted above been speeded up? It looks like its running 10x faster then it should be..

try reading my post next time
:bowdown: :lfs:
Quote from bo-kristiansen ::bowdown: :lfs:

+ Scawen's rock-solid bug-free code :lovies3d:

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG