The online racing simulator
@PPL WITH SHIFTING PROBS

In the car setup under misc are the shifting settings. These are auto-clutch and the speed of the clutch for its up and down motions.
there a way to configure the start the engine to a wheel button? its a bit tedious always having to use the mouse

also the feature where u can wonder around the pit is a bit ermm silly, tho atleast one can appreciate the scenery
Quote from TaiFong :Ok, look at the wheel, now look to the left of it and you will see a vertical row of three switches. Flip the top-most one. Then press and hold the second one until the engine starts.

Done that but I guess I shouldn't need to hold it for over a minute?

In the F Target I've managed to get to a point where the green light comes on but no further.
Quote from ajp71 :Done that but I guess I shouldn't need to hold it for over a minute?

In the F Target I've managed to get to a point where the green light comes on but no further.

The green light means the car is on! I think you broke it.
yeh, and the switch right above it is to turn your rear LED lights on

anyways, hey guys, join the teamspeak server
http://www.clownpaint.com
or:
193.23.224.153:14537
Well i needed about half an hour to get the car moving
I had a problem with my pedals. I used a wingman profile for netKar PRO.exe , but i had to create a wingman profile for nks.exe aswell. Cause thats what nkpro runs when you click on 'race' .

Same for Nvidia profiles you have to create a profile for nks.exe not netKar PRO.exe.

Shift-F , shows a FPS display
Runs very nice got about 200fps 1280x960x32 with all details max.
And about 110FPS with AAx8 AFx16.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from M.Mos :Well i needed about half an hour to get the car moving
I had a problem with my pedals. I used a wingman profile for netKar PRO.exe , but i had to create a wingman profile for nks.exe aswell. Cause thats what nkpro runs when you click on 'race' .

Same for Nvidia profiles you have to create a profile for nks.exe not netKar PRO.exe.

Shift-F , shows a FPS display
Runs very nice got about 200fps 1280x960x32 with all details max.
And about 110FPS with AAx8 AFx16.

For me it's running smoother than LFS

Now I know what Kimi felt like at the Nurburgring last year - it's sooo easy to flat spot these tyres...

I'm having fun at the moment, but I think it needs a huge amount of work to threaten LFS, but I'm liking it far more than rFactor (but is that hard?)
Yes. Just hold the second one for a few seconds and it would start.
Quote from TaiFong :The green light means the car is on! I think you broke it.

There should be a green light in the FF1600? How do you repair your car after a crash might be a magic button to do the trick.
-
Quote from ajp71 :There should be a green light in the FF1600? How do you repair your car after a crash might be a magic button to do the trick.

you repair your car by returning to the pits via esc and then where it says monitor bottom right there should be a button "fix car"

tho last time i used it it crashed my game
I can only get a green light in the F Target

How do you start FF2000 main followed by green button? Won't work for me

Got the rain light to work thats all.
When I press Esc I get:

Go to Pits
Go to Box
Disconnect
Exit
-
What times have people managed in the f1600 @ newbury 2006. That's the demo config i think.

I'm at 1:03.92 with default set atm :/ 1:01 should be easy enough.
You have to give the FTarget a tiny bit of gas when starting.
Quote from NotAnIllusion :Oh btw could someone post a "good" clean lap around the demo track in the demo car please? I'd be interested to see how fast _fast_ is in this game

It's not fast, but at least it's some laps without spinning :/ I really have no idea how fast I'm going, where it grips, where it steps out or where it shifts or not when I actually told it to. Hope it helps a little though

Anyway, goin' off to bed, gn8.
Attached files
biggie1600_crema_04_11_02_35.rar - 1.8 MB - 191 views
Thanks I'll have a look biggie
-
netKar PRO seems to hate FSAA and AF, on my system at least. With FSAA and AF disabled in the display driver, I get framerates in the 60-80 range at 1280x960x32@75Hz. Very playable, the car handling is far more responsive and the controller lag is gone but the graphics are painful to look at with distracting aliasing and swimming textures. With 4xFSAA and 4xAF, the framerate drops to 20-25, the graphics are much better but the controller lag is noticeable and car handling suffers.

Hmm, I'm caught on the horns of a dilemma!

Athlon64 3500+
2GB DDR RAM
Radeon 9800Pro
Quote from biggie :It's not fast, but at least it's some laps without spinning :/ I really have no idea how fast I'm going, where it grips, where it steps out or where it shifts or not when I actually told it to. Hope it helps a little though

Anyway, goin' off to bed, gn8.

does anyone else get the problem with the sound when watching from the replay camera? my sounds seemed to be looping over and over as the car drives past, it goes something like this brrrrrrrr brrrrrrr brrrrrrrrr brrrrrrrr then as rpms increase it goes higher pitched and then loops again brrrrr brrrrrr brrrrrrr brrrrrrrrr and this happens all the time...?

anyone get the same thing?

mad
Which track comes in the demo? Also can you select blocked cars/tracks in demo maybe unlock failed.
I can't get how they were actually expecting to get people's money for this... honestly. I'm not saying this as an LFS fan, but as a racing simulation fan. I've not heard worse soudns in my entire life - they sound the same for say 200rpm and then abruptly change. There's way too much grip when the car isn't sliding and none at all when it is. I think Stefano's famous 3 zone system is gonna fail badly. Graphics... they looked good but it was very slow. Then I had to turn them down severely to the extent that they are painful to look at to actually drive around normally like LFS on good settings. I honestly think that anyone saying it is the greatest sim ever has either not experienced much of the race sim world or can't admit they were wrong about it being as good as they said it would be. Stefano's team sure are good at PR though... I gave it a chance... I'll give it a slightly better run tomorrow when I'm awake. So far:

User-friendliness:

Interface is disgusting. Can't find anything I'm looking for. To set up a car, i have to read a shitload of tiny font to find what is what. The tabulation for settings on anything is dreadful, you just gotta click until you find what you want.

Graphics:

Looked probably better than LFS for 2 seconds when I had them on good quality. But then I saw I had like 5fps so I had to turn them down to a level that they look far worse on compared to LFS at the same fps.

Sound:

We shouldn't go there, but anyway.
Engine - my fart sounds better
Tyres - no idea if its a front tyre squealing or a rear tyre squealing
Crash sounds - they feel arcadely

Physics:

This is the big one - it certainly has potential but they feel dodgy at the moment IMO. A route LFS hasn't been down - soooooooo safe that it's near impossible to spin (maybe its just my setup but the car feels like its staying on the road when it shouldn't). LFS went the opposite route with all its oversteer. I predicted this would happen as their tyre model hasn't seen mass community testing. Needs some work but in a few patches time it could be up there.

Force feedback:

If they get the effects balanced this could be awesome force feedback. Certain things feel numb and others exaggerated but otherwise you feel a lot.

Overall:

Happy I didn't pre-order it.
My first impressions (about the demo):

-terrible interface (took me 20 mins to realize that characters like "á","é",... are not supported in my name, then another 10 min fight in controller menu)

-engine sound must be a joke, but crashing sounds are quite good imo

- at first I had poor FPS then changed graphics and steering lag disappeared

- I dont like this graphics at all, I think LFS is much better

- About physics: well, dont like it braking into the corner is strange just like the loss of grip

After all I don't enjoy driving in nkP.
Just ran Crema with F1600 and it work license must have failed.
Quote from axus :
Sound:

We shouldn't go there, but anyway.
Engine - my fart sounds better

:ices_rofl
-
Well, this is just a disappointment. Nothing works. I can unlock it but it still says unlicensed. It takes one unlock way though.

why did i preorder. big mistake. big.

EDIT: but it feels better now

LFS Community gives nKPro a go?
(777 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG