The online racing simulator
Centralising league news
(144 posts, started )
When I saved one results, can I add other by clicking to Upload/Manually add button again? Won't be those old deleted?
you can add more by just clicking the "upload/manual" links again. Stored results will not be wiped.
All working now, Victor...thanks!

OK, so now that we've cleared up the multiple results listing on a single post, is it possible to put a time stamp on each result entry to that the "New results description" and it's time stamp can be used to link the results update as a headline?

EDIT: Bah! I added results to the wrong post! I added results for the RallyCross Championship (news post http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=news&nid=23#), when it was meant for the XRT Stock Car Cup (news post http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=news&nid=10). Any way to move it? Any way to just delete the misplaced results?
Driver swaps not yet implemented into the embedded results Victor? Or just lazyness of the news poster in question?

Other than that; another fantastic addon for LFS World, great work.. :bowdown:
Attached images
blah.jpg
Spotted the LFS News Headlines thought "ey up whats this then"

Nice addition but maybe some errors when adding comments (see my commments on MoE and CTRA race3) ?
Quote from traxxion :Driver swaps not yet implemented into the embedded results Victor? Or just lazyness of the news poster in question?

Other than that; another fantastic addon for LFS World, great work.. :bowdown:

DWB is just to lazy to click on the small plus in the editor... Maybe i'll add it later
OK, i added gt2 players, but i can't be arsed to do that also for the GT1 class...

Vic, please finish the autoupload format
I'd really like to see the username field made optional as well.

I don't want to have to add 4-6 names for each team in a team-based series, and "blah" looks bad.

TJ, I'll get you for that laziness comment!

edit: and I don't think that's what he meant by driver swaps.
Just spotted something. On Gener_Al comment in MoE post, you can see the html code.
That's because html code is not valid in the LFS News interface. Only the basic BBC codes are valid (size, bold, italics, url, & attachment), and I'm not even sure you can use those in the comments.
Maybe it would be nice to have the number of comments for every article in brackets behind the news title in the box on top of this forum? This way it'd be easier to know if it's worth clicking the link another time
Did this addon will replace leagues section in LFSForum or we will have both?
Quote from oldnavy :Did this addon will replace leagues section in LFSForum or we will have both?

I guess we will have both since the new feature on LFSW is just for news and the league section on the forum is used for much more.
WoW, look good.

Great work

thx Victor
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I'd really like to see the username field made optional as well.

Same here...
For example the 12h Inter-Teams in Aston GP... It's a team race so we don't really care about usernames
It seems a good idea

For example ... now I'd like to take part in a LFS League but ... my questions are: "What's the next LFS League to start? When it starts? What are the rules?" ... now it seems hard fine replies to these question in a single place
Quote from Flame CZE :Hmm... maybe this? http://www.lfsforum.net/calend ... mp;month=11&year=2008

Thank you ... but it isn't exactly what I think, in the Calendar I can find every single race but it's hard to find the starting date of a league and a list of leagues that are going to start, leagues that are already staterd and leagues terminated

If my question was: "I'd like to take in part in a LFS League ... what's the next one to start all over the world? What's the deadline to sign up for it? What are the rules?" ... is there a place where I can find the answers I need? I think the calendar is not the best place to do this ...

I think it will be very usefull a place (ideally a database in which I can sort and filter) where a can find all leagues listed and for each one the following information:
- status (sign up phase open; sign up phase closed; started; terminated)
- league start date
- league end date
- race day and frequency
- cars used
- type of race (endurance, sprint, rallycross, mixed, ...)
- link to the rules
- link to the sign up page

I hope my suggestions could be usefull (and ... I'm very sorry for my awful english )

Quote from JANBAK :...(and I'm very sorry for my awful english )

Dude - there are 3 tiny errors in your 2 above posts - even I probably make more mistakes than that
maybye some OT but i think there is the best place to write my question.I see that some leagues witch have teyr own sub forum is creating addtvertise themes in this forum is this legal?

P.S i think this section needs more modernators because news aprove is not very fast.
Now, I'm not seeing any headlines in the forum, just a blank space. Just a heads up.
Could it be that there is no news?
No, there have to be 8 (?) latest news...
There's one function you don't write yourself and what goes wrong? The one function you didn't write yourself... I'll have a look why it's going wrong.

EDIT - fixed now.
UPDATE : xml results uploading has been added.

For more info about the format of the XML file, see here : http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/LFS_News#Uploading_race_results

It's pretty straight forward I think. The people responsible for maintaining league result systems should know what to do to export result XML files that you can upload to your LFS News posts.

Centralising league news
(144 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG