The online racing simulator
Quote from JJ72 :you weren't stating your point of view, you are just citing an ambiguous "fact" that "people are racist" without contributing any supporting argument.

It's my goddamn point of view if I ****ing say it is. No matter how stupid you think it is, ITS MY OPINION! I am the only ****ing person who decides what my opinion is. No one else. Do you ****ing understand? Otherwise it would be YOUR opinion, not MY opinion. It's not MY opinion if it's YOUR opinion. YOU are not ME. I don't give a shit how morally better you think you are then me. You don't decide what my opinion is.
Quote from wheel4hummer :What else is there to discuss? Do you want me to make an argument that I have trouble forming just so that you can try to make me look like even more of an idiot? Or do you want me to tell you that you're right and that I'm wrong and that I'm changing my opinion because someone on a forum told me I'm wrong. OMG YOU HAZ LAST WORD!!!oneone1111 Do you want a ****ing cookie?

LOL mate chill out.

If you feel bad just log off and have a shower.
Quote from wheel4hummer :What else is there to discuss? Do you want me to make an argument that I have trouble forming just so that you can try to make me look like even more of an idiot? Or do you want me to tell you that you're right and that I'm wrong and that I'm changing my opinion because someone on a forum told me I'm wrong. OMG YOU HAZ LAST WORD!!!oneone1111 Do you want a ****ing cookie?

Ah, old "Cartman" hummer's back. Best BAAAAAAWWW I've seen from you in a while. Great to have you back.

I can't believe how personally you take this shit! Grownups can converse, believe it or not, without throwing their toys out of the cot at the slightest hint of disagreement. If you have trouble forming an argument, backing up your statements or supporting your opinions (or even resisting the urge to cast CAPS LOCK OF FURY when you meet a contrary opinion), simple: don't involve yourself in a grownup conversation.

The irony here is that you didn't actually look like an idiot at all until the above post.
Quote from Hankstar :The irony here is that you didn't actually look like an idiot at all until the above post.

Who cares? I look like an idiot in front of a bunch of forum users. Big ****ing deal. I don't give a shit what anyone on here thinks about me. I'm acting hostile because I'm tired of putting up with this bullshit. You were personally insulting me before that post anyway. So clearly you have always thought that I was an idiot. Clearly you think that I am an idiot because you disagree with me. I don't give a shit if I am making an assumption by saying that. If you don't like it then you can ****ing jump of a bridge or something.

Quote from Hankstar :I can't believe how personally you take this shit!

I didn't take it personally until you made it personal. Then I started taking it personally. So shut the **** up, you are the one who tried to make it personal.
Let's all calm down and avoid getting this thread locked up, I like it. This is a conversation that would gain to be continued by pm, or just ended with no hard feelings.
Quote from wheel4hummer :It's my goddamn point of view if I ****ing say it is. No matter how stupid you think it is, ITS MY OPINION! I am the only ****ing person who decides what my opinion is. No one else. Do you ****ing understand? Otherwise it would be YOUR opinion, not MY opinion. It's not MY opinion if it's YOUR opinion. YOU are not ME. I don't give a shit how morally better you think you are then me. You don't decide what my opinion is.

and now you know how i feel lol
Quote from boosterfire :This is a conversation that would gain to be continued by pm, or just ended with no hard feelings.

It would be best just ended. The reason I got aggravated is because everyone around me (my parents, and family) always try to expect me to live how they want to, and then I come on the forum and get the same kind of thing and I got a little hostile and trolled for a page or two. I'll try desperately not to do that again.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Who cares? I look like an idiot in front of a bunch of forum users. Big ****ing deal. I don't give a shit what anyone on here thinks about me. I'm acting hostile because I'm tired of putting up with this bullshit. You were personally insulting me before that post anyway. So clearly you have always thought that I was an idiot. Clearly you think that I am an idiot because you disagree with me. I don't give a shit if I am making an assumption by saying that. If you don't like it then you can ****ing jump of a bridge or something.

I have in the past strongly disagreed with you. I've often thought your opinions are poorly expressed, half-baked, copy+pasted & badly thought-out; that your conduct to many other people besides me has frequently been immature, insulting and disrespectful (evidenced by at least one ban that I know of); that your reactions to being challenged or disagreed with have frequently been way out of proportion and that your claims of persecution by some forum members are verging on irrational & paranoid ... but I don't think you're an idiot.

I can't speak for everyone else though.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I didn't take it personally until you made it personal. Then I started taking it personally. So shut the **** up, you are the one who tried to make it personal.

Final post, hit me with some more *'s and CAPS LOCK later if you want. The cookie you spoke of is all yours.

I disagreed with you and challenged your statements. No shouting, no swearing, no caps lock, no accusations of persecution, no "shut the f- up".

You could have chosen to respond in kind and try to strengthen your position but no - we get the same old hummer-brand abuse and profanity and paranoia. The same tiresome crap that's had you warned, banned (at least once) and warned repeatedly, even in threads that weren't about politics or other touchy issues. It's pathetic & pitiful and now I remember why I took a long break from posting on this forum (because you're not the only one). It was pretty naive of me to think you could actually have an adult conversation. I truly regret engaging you again as it's reminded me what little self-control and what a laughably short fuse you have.
Quote from Hankstar :
Seriously, do I really need to explain why racism is wrong to someone who lives in a country that, for four centuries, used to abduct & trade other humans like they were ****ing farm animals because they were seen as inferior savages? A country that denied them the right to vote & marry interracially & mingle with white people on buses and in schools, all within living memory?

Hank I think you need to look into your own country's history involving apartheid before making comments such as this one. As I remember, Papua New Guineans and Aboriginal peoples haven't had it so easy due to Australians. Didn't Australia only start accepting non-white immigrants in 1973? I'm not blaming you for the atrocities that non-whites in Australia faced, such as children being forcibly stolen from their homes as late as the early 1970's, so don't even begin to relate modern Americans to practices that have long since passed.

Actually, the more I read what I quoted from you, the more hypocritical it is. How many Aboriginals in living memory remember their children being stolen from them? How many indigenous people were affected by the "Lost Generations" How many apartheid-style laws were passed to keep them down and retain the mantra of a "white australia"?

You don't even have the beginnings of a right to pass judgement on modern Americans for slavery.
Quote from Hankstar :Seriously, do I really need to explain why racism is wrong to someone who lives in a country that, for four centuries, used to abduct & trade other humans like they were ****ing farm animals because they were seen as inferior savages? A country that denied them the right to vote & marry interracially & mingle with white people on buses and in schools, all within living memory?

Quote from flymike91 :You don't even have the beginnings of a right to pass judgement on modern Americans for slavery.

****ing Anglosaxons. We ****ing had precise laws regulating slavery before you came out of caves - go **** yourselves, you unwashed barbarians.

This message brought to you by the Mediterranean Superiority Association.
Visit the Mediterranean today and enjoy true hospitality, friendliness and discover edible food!

Quote from wheel4hummer :I looked around on Google, and found an article that I agree with.

That's a summary of all debates on the Internetz, in one short sentence.
LOL yeah, such is the meaning of "researching" nowadays.
Quote from flymike91 :You don't even have the beginnings of a right to pass judgement on modern Americans for slavery.

Nuh uh.. doesn't work your way I'm afraid, any more than w4h's "phil says don't be racist towards racists" link. You can't pick and choose who has a right to an opinion on anything, nor can you reasonably oppress them into silence. There's only one recourse if you insist on trying. You'll just have to invade.

Since Hank's probably horizontal at the mo, I'll state that I'm absolutely sure that he's far more aware of the oppression of the indigenous Australasian peoples than most of the rest of us will ever be.
Going by Hank's statement that he's involved with the Red Cross and all I'd wager as much myself.

However, the whole who-when-slavery tangent this discussion went on is pretty silly and irrelevant IMO (especially when used as a meter of comparison as to who has a right to say what, bla bla) - not to mention going totally off the rails to address the "there are few people that think their race is not superior" statement, which despite being a very broad generalization just brushes up against the subject of racism rather clumsily and briskly as "supremacy" is just one facet of it.
I think that Hank was just saying that Americans shouldn't need to be explained why racism is wrong, seeing that slavery and racism are so present in the history of their country. You would indeed believe that people whose ancestors might have been slaves or slavers would know a great deal about the errors of the past; you'd think it's the kind of thing they'd be well explained at school.

Besides, all this is highly irrelevant. I live in a country that has never known slavery, but that doesn't stop me understanding the problems behind it and racism.
I dont care what country, continent or planet you are from, if someone has to explain to you why racism is wrong, then you need a good old fashioned ass kicking.

I dont think it is the kind of thing that needs to be explained at school, it should be understood much before that..... at home.
Quote from boosterfire :I live in a country that has never known slavery

Not true.
http://www.africanaonline.com/slavery_canada.htm

There was slavery in Canada. Slavery in Canada only stopped 30yrs prior to when it was abolished in the United States.

Quote from th84 :I dont care what country, continent or planet you are from, if someone has to explain to you why racism is wrong, then you need a good old fashioned ass kicking.

It's not really that I think it's not wrong or that I don't understand why it is wrong. I just don't care. Yes, people are racist, yes it's wrong, but who cares? I can't change the way people think so why should I care that people are racist? I personally could not imagine being racist and discriminating against someone because of their race. But who am I to call the way someone else thinks wrong?

Quote from th84 :I dont care what country, continent or planet you are from, if someone has to explain to you why racism is wrong, then you need a good old fashioned ass kicking.

Yes, anyone who doesn't agree with society must be physically harmed. The only way to get them to think the same as everyone else is to kick their ass. That's why the war in Iraq was a success, right? Oh, wait a second.....
Quote from wheel4hummer :Not true.
http://www.africanaonline.com/slavery_canada.htm

There was slavery in Canada. Slavery in Canada only stopped 30yrs prior to when it was abolished in the United States.

Ah, yes, although they seemed to have been much less numerous and somehow better treated. I'm not calling it right, though.

Quote from wheel4hummer :It's not really that I think it's not wrong or that I don't understand why it isn't wrong. I just don't care. Yes, people are racist, yes it's wrong, but who cares? I can't change the way people think so why should I care that people are racist? I personally could not imagine being racist and discriminating against someone because of their race. But who am I to call the way someone else thinks wrong?

I agree that it's almost impossible to change the way people think, but I don't see any reason to stop yourself from judging what they think. It's not because you can't change something that you shouldn't be bothered.

For instance, you can't influence on the war (assuming you're not a solider or a politician), but that doesn't stop you from thinking it's right or wrong, and expressing these thoughts.

Personally, if I believe somebody is wrong, generally no matter how taboo the subject may be, I'll say it. Then, I know that racism is wrong, and I wouldn't think of being racist, but unlike you, I have no problem in calling racists complete idiots. And yes, there are inferior people. Probably not inferior races, but stupid, idiotic people everywhere, in every country.
Quote from boosterfire :I agree that it's almost impossible to change the way people think, but I don't see any reason to stop yourself from judging what they think. It's not because you can't change something that you shouldn't be bothered.

I do try my best to not be judgmental. I do find myself judging people more then I'd like to actually.

Quote from boosterfire :For instance, you can't influence on the war (assuming you're not a solider or a politician), but that doesn't stop you from thinking it's right or wrong, and expressing these thoughts.

I guess so. What I meant to say is that racism is wrong, but if someone seems racist, they are not necessarily a bad person.

Quote from boosterfire :And yes, there are inferior people. Probably not inferior races, but stupid, idiotic people everywhere, in every country.

Well I try to think of people as humans. Physically we're pretty much all the same. I try not to hold anyone's actions against them as a human being. But it is difficult sometimes. I believe that no matter what you do you are still a human being. Of course, certain actions such as rape or murder do make people an inferior human being to some extent.
Quote from boosterfire :And yes, there are inferior people. Probably not inferior races, but stupid, idiotic people everywhere, in every country.

Yes, there are definitely inferior people (although I don't like the word 'inferior' as that implies that they are somehow 'not really people'). But that inferiority is specific to that one person, due to their own actions, rather than something projected onto them by others, or out of their control, such as their nationality or colour. Like a couple of people I know who say they hate asian people because they know someone who was beaten up by people who were asian. So hate those specific people who did the beating, don't hate an entire race. Or people who (and again sadly, I do know a few like this) who say they hate polish people because according to the Daily Star and Daily Mail they all get given free houses and money. If you happen to know someone who's polish and living under those circumstances, by all means hate them for it - but find them first, and don't project that hate onto an entire nationality.

When I meet or hear about someone for the first time I try to assign that person initially an 'average' amount, or a 'polite' amount of respect which then can then go up or down according to their actions. The problem occurs when people either assign their initial respect based on things that aren't that person's actions (which can be both too low or too high, although the latter is rarely as damaging), or people who assign people no respect whatsoever and then adjust this according to that person's actions - this type of person is 'just plain rude'.
Wow.. politics and ethics gets everyone so worked up. Everyone needs to calm down a bit.. :o

I'd just like to take Crashgates' point about giving respect to people you don't know..or making judgements.

As long as there are stereotypes, there will be judgemental people. I'm guilty of this as well, as I picked up from the Polish stereotype. (Obviously, this isn't a thread about that so I'm not going to derail and push it off topic , but maybe if they stopped talking Polak for just a second, and bothered to learn English, there wouldn't be so much of a problem )

Anyway, I guess respect is something you should have for everyone, irrespective of gender, race, ethical beliefs or backgrounds.
So I guess people in England act the same way when talking about Poles that people in America do when they are talking about Mexicans. Interesting how strikingly simmilar the world is.
Quote from wheel4hummer :So I guess people in England act the same way when talking about Poles that people in America do when they are talking about Mexicans. Interesting how strikingly simmilar the world is.

Just don't mention Turkish people to the Germans.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG