The online racing simulator
iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
This has happened to me on a number of occasions -

a few minutes to go before a race, so you go to select session and the website stops working properly... so you then have to wait another hour to race because of a missed deadline. And then you get in the race and some dude crashes into you.

It's eternally frustrating. Can't get a race, and when you do it doesn't last more than a lap! iRacing is SO good but then is let down by this frankly bizarre SR/licence/race system!

Does my friggin' head in. I really can't wait for NetKar 1.0.3. Probably won't have many online races, but at least it won't cost me an arm and a leg.
Quote from Shotglass :so with the sims we have discussed here thus far wed have a thread on iracing one on nkp one on rfactor and one on gp bikes... a whole new section for 4 threads

let me think a sec......... ok! If we had a section for other sims we wouldn't need ONE thread that spans so many pages covering everything. We could have a load of different threads on different aspects making it a lot easier to read different parts rather than having to go through pages and pages to find what you want!
Quote from StableX :let me think a sec......... ok! If we had a section for other sims we wouldn't need ONE thread that spans so many pages covering everything. We could have a load of different threads on different aspects making it a lot easier to read different parts rather than having to go through pages and pages to find what you want!

But why should there be multiple threads about another game on the LFS forum? If you are really interested in the other game and want to be informed about it you can go to the forum/sites of that game.
iRacing’s staff does not care to give a public forum for their software… (ah yeah they have a private one because it feels 1337 doing so) so why LFS staff should care to make a section for other sims?
This is LFS forum and yes any other sim discussion is off topic… it is that simple.
Quote from StableX :100%. do you think it's right threads like these go in OFF-Topic Moose?

Is it somehow degrading or what the hell is the issue with that? Off topic means "discuss here about subjects that do not have their own subforum". Simple. NetKar thread is here too. This is actually more active section than the General Racing Talk, might be this thread gets more attention or less if it happens to drop quickly to the 2nd page and then kind of "forgotten".

If you see the recently merged "Upcoming/Recently Released Games" thread, there is clearly some cleaning/reorganization going on in these sections.

Maybe simply new forum called "(Video) Games". That would cover everything from sims to Latest Generic Consolisated Shooter 2.
Personally I'd like to keep the offtopic and general racing talk as they are without adding any sub sections. Easier to browse and all that blablabla.

It is just the way it is, sometimes some threads go into wrong sections or stay there before they are moved, if they are moved. Offtopic is just fine, as was general racing talk although offtopic is certainly more fitting.

---
As for the actual topic (), I've been driving the truck more and it's a blast around many tracks. It handles a bit kinda like a heavy rwd road car with loads of power, it can be even drifted somemuch
Quote from Hyperactive :

---
As for the actual topic (), I've been driving the truck more and it's a blast around many tracks. It handles a bit kinda like a heavy rwd road car with loads of power, it can be even drifted somemuch

I love the sound of the truck!
Trucks are for farmers, and you're all heretics!
tagging the thread cuz I lost it when it moved
Quote from spanks :tagging the thread cuz I lost it when it moved

Quoted for the same reason :P .
No need to spam the thread. Just use the Subscribe option in the Thread Tools drop-down.
I'm thinking to buy a 3 month license. but the sim costs a lot! can someone explain to me something about the realism? is it realy that good as they say? and to wich sim i can compare it?

i hope some one can help me! thnx
You don't have to worry about the realism, it's definitely top notch, as is the quality of (close) racing. Just make sure that you have enough time to invest into it, and realise that there's no such thing as pickup racing in the iRacing system. You can practice whenever you want to, but races are at set times, and there's no hopping in and out of servers for a quick race!

Willingness to adapt to that system is a big factor in whether or not it's worth the money
you have I racing Jertje? can you plz send me a PM with you're opinion of the sim. about races and stuff, important information,

i hope you will find some time to give me some breathtaking review about this sim

thnx anyway
It has been worth the months trial for me for the physics alone, but I haven't been so bored with a sim in all my life since Sega GT on the Xbox. The race structure, and the way the races are managed has left me very cold, and bored!

If you can commit long term to it, I can see the attraction. It gets better with time no doubt.

But for the average Joe like me it aint worth it... no matter how good the physics are!
Quote from Intrepid :It has been worth the months trial for me for the physics alone, but I haven't been so bored with a sim in all my life since Sega GT on the Xbox. The race structure, and the way the races are managed has left me very cold, and bored!

If you can commit long term to it, I can see the attraction. It gets better with time no doubt.

But for the average Joe like me it aint worth it... no matter how good the physics are!

I think for a month it's certainly worth trying it but with a few to getting it for longer.

FOr the first 3 weeks I dodn't like the structure at all but after that I understood the system and really like it..... It's a question of adjusting to it and really playing it the way its supposed to be and it does grow on you!

However, there will be nothing like the community feel of LFS for race upon race. LFS still remains a top notch game!
I just jumped the hell out of my first oval start from pole position. See, in my experience (from watching F1) the lead car manages pace after the pacecar goes in, so I floored the ever living sh*t out of it when the pacecar went in D:

Apparantly, this is very very naughty, but it was like my 2nd sober oval race, so I really had no idea there were rules like this. Some men with very strong Southern accents started talking about me after the race (first 2nd place!), then I left the server in fear of getting lynched like the naughty little 'cheating' European I am.

If they come for me, I expect one of you guys to give me a good safe-house to hide in.
Quote from Jertje :I just jumped the hell out of my first oval start from pole position. See, in my experience (from watching F1) the lead car manages pace after the pacecar goes in, so I floored the ever living sh*t out of it when the pacecar went in D:

Not that I am in high risk of starting from pole in an oval race anytime soon, but I'm curious: How are you supposed to start an oval race?
Apparantly, everyone stays in formation until the green flag, and then you exceed the pace-speed (which is 60-80kph or whatever, I don't know )
In my experience however, some people stay way the hell back and floor the crap out of it before green to jump 3-4 places instantly. I never realised that might be illigal, but I always went when the leader went in my previous races.
Quote from Jertje :Apparantly, everyone stays in formation until the green flag, and then you exceed the pace-speed (which is 60-80kph or whatever, I don't know )
In my experience however, some people stay way the hell back and floor the crap out of it before green to jump 3-4 places instantly. I never realised that might be illigal, but I always went when the leader went in my previous races.

you can take a short video or make a complaint and it will get sorted. The real sounding named admins deal it with it very quickly...
Quote from Jertje :
In my experience however, some people stay way the hell back and floor the crap out of it before green to jump 3-4 places instantly. I never realised that might be illigal.

Its a shame the system doesn't recognise a grid that isn't properly formed up and automatically does another pace lap until it is.

If only you could save the replays. I witnessed one guy take seven people by the first bend once!
Quote from Jertje :...You can practice whenever you want to, but races are at set times, and there's no hopping in and out of servers for a quick race!...

Thx for info.

I´m not interested anymore!
Quote from Jertje :Apparantly, everyone stays in formation until the green flag, and then you exceed the pace-speed (which is 60-80kph or whatever, I don't know )

you can't pass on the inside before the start/finish line

they'll get in trouble soon enough

I raced lanier last night in the late model for the first time. I was pole of course...because I'm right in the middle. I'm either last place in the insane bracket, or I'm first in the second race that fills up. Anyways, about 12-15 laps in I'm fully on the inside of last place going into the corner...like front wheel at front wheel, and he comes down from the highest lane and plows into the side of me. I still slid my way home in 4th, but I almost crashed like 5 times. I was very comfy in first until that happened...

The sporting code like...does not apply to oval racing apparently. Road racing sessions are mostly polite, good natured, rule abiding fun. Ovals...watch out.
This thread is closed

iRacing
(13603 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG