The online racing simulator
Is it just me or.. [test patch forum]
is it just me or is there no Test Patch Forum? becuase as far as i can remember when we were on patch y there were test patches out already. Is there no test patch out yet becuase of the next update would be the S2 Beta or S2 Final?
There is no test patch forum because there currently is no test patch.

There currently is no test patch because the devs didn't make one.
Just because we have reached Patch Z doesn't necessarily mean the next step is Beta.
LFS might cause a Y2k8 bug, but that's just a slight possibility

(or Y2k9, depending on your level of optimism concerning Scavier!)
#5 - robt
test patch forum is only visible during test patches (though you can still get on it now, nothing new on there though!)
Quote from robt :test patch forum is only visible during test patches (though you can still get on it now, nothing new on there though!)

where do you access that?
#7 - robt
*taps nose* i shant say a thing. (just incase i get told off!) Theres nothing there anyway!
seek an ye shall find
damn
ok thx i just thought there may be a test patch out but ok. mods please close this
#13 - MR_B
Nice attempt at detective work. But, today, there is no fruit for your labour.

Geez i'm talking out my arse today. Bed time.
i remember one of the devs (victor) saying that just because we are on Z it doesnt mean that we are coming to then end of ALPHA stage
Dont you guys think we have been on the alpha stage long enough? I think the next move should be BETA.
Who knows, maybe will come into beta soon. Let it run its development course.
Quote from steve30x :Dont you guys think we have been on the alpha stage long enough? I think the next move should be BETA.

What changes if next week the LFS staff go, okay this is a BETA now not ALPHA!

Nothing, really. The game isn't finished yet so why would we want it to go to beta stages?
Quote from mcintyrej :What changes if next week the LFS staff go, okay this is a BETA now not ALPHA!

Nothing, really. The game isn't finished yet so why would we want it to go to beta stages?

beta = finished?

#19 - wien
Quote from Flotch :beta = finished?

In LFS' case, it just about is. You enter beta when all features are in place and just bug squashing remains. LFS is practically bug-free already so chances are the beta period would be very short.
S1 - alpha
then
S2 - alpha
then
S3 - alpha
then
S1 - beta
then
S2 - beta
then
S3 - beta
then
S1 - final
then
S2 - final
then
S3 - final
#21 - VoiD
Just a note about BETA / ALPHA.

"BETA has a clear definition : The software is 100% finished, and is in final testing before release. So... in Beta stage, only very minor changes and bug fixes can be made. Beta is a shorter stage of development, unless the developer seriously underestimated how complete the software was.

So... the next patch is still Alpha, just a better Alpha than you have at the moment, and with some new features and improvements, which I am sure you will like." Scawen, April 2006
Quote from VoiD :Just a note about BETA / ALPHA.

"BETA has a clear definition : The software is 100% finished, and is in final testing before release. So... in Beta stage, only very minor changes and bug fixes can be made. Beta is a shorter stage of development, unless the developer seriously underestimated how complete the software was.

So... the next patch is still Alpha, just a better Alpha than you have at the moment, and with some new features and improvements, which I am sure you will like." Scawen, April 2006

Im sure April 2006 is almost 3 years ago. But the Alpha stage of this has been dragged out for a long long time now.
2 and a half. And it's not being dragged out, it's just taking a long time. As each development patch is tested before release, LFS essentially has many small beta tester phases throughout development, so there is no need for an extra long one before S2 final.
So theyre beta testing and were alpha testing?
Quote from steve30x :So theyre beta testing and were alpha testing?

We are beta testing the patches for alpha updates.
-
(BurnOut69) DELETED by BurnOut69 : i feel like deletin' today

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG