The online racing simulator
can we have propper turbo moddeling :)
i know you devs want to make this as real as possible so do you think we could get propper turbo moddeling..

in a real n/a car if you put your foot down say 30% your revs will go up to a certain point and if you want higher revs you need to put your foot down more.

in a real turbo car if you put down 30% and the revs stay under the start of when the turbo kicks in the same will happen. if however you put your foot down say 50% then you pass the point of when the turbo kicks in. even if you dont move your foot more than 50% he turbo spools up and you launch forward. >>even tho you dont move your foot futher on the pedal. <<

in LFS this doesnt happpen

i just did a test with the XRR and it seems the turbo dial is modeled to howfar you pres your pedal

the test.

blackwood straight:

floored it in 3rd, turbo hit top PSI almost strigh away at 9k revs. ok

then i :

pushed pedal down about 30% and let the revs build up to 9k in 3rd and the turbo didnt build pressure up at all..

also when you floor a car with a turbo you feel it pull and the speed go up slightly faster when the turbo kicks in.. none of this is in lfs, and if it is its not noticable..

please devs fix this
Can you notice this issue when driving, competatively, round a track? How often are you at 50% throttle where this might be an issue? I think this is a minor bug caused by the not perfect, but usable, turbo modelling. As such it isn't a priority. Sorry Chris :P
tristan...

i dont care what you say the turbo modeling is wrong.. end of story.

so why cant we get it fixed?
#4 - ORION
Simply because Scawen is only one person, and you should at least try to be a bit more patient, because there's much more work to be done than you can imagine...
Some things are higher in the priority list, and thus they will done first.
In the end, LFS will be a perfect simulation, but it takes time
orian i understand.

i just didnt know if people actually realised it was wrong
I do realise it's wrong. I'm sure Scawen realises it's wrong. But in 99.9% of racing cases, it's good enough to have realistic fun with. Therefore it's way down the list of 'Stuff That Needs To Be Done'.
ok

once again we end on an agreement...

i know its hard for you tristan... but we do all love you
I noticed if you have your foot down 50% of the way at 6500rpm you only get half the psi pressure to what you would at full throttle and 6500rpm.

Don't turbo's run off the exsaust? so 6500rpm would have the same amount of boost no matter what amount of throttle because it's the same amount of exsuast pressure.

Note: Not exactly sure where the turbo psi is messured from.
#9 - ORION
Doesnt it also depend on how much fuel is burnt (= how much exhaust gas is being produced)?
YOu'll get differing boost from different throttle openings. It's possible to be at 6500rpm with no throttle (rev to 7000 then take foot off - you'll go through 6500), and you'd be generating little usable boost. The boost is measured in the inlet manifold (exactly where depends on application).
#11 - Woz
Quote from R3DMAN :....also when you floor a car with a turbo you feel it pull and the speed go up slightly faster when the turbo kicks in.. none of this is in lfs, and if it is its not noticable..

You do not notice this in LFS because you do not feel G force sat at a desk. You feel the turbo kick in a real car because you feel the change in G, simple as that. If the change in power is not too great there will be very little visual queues to pick up on.
Quote from Woz :You do not notice this in LFS because you do not feel G force sat at a desk. You feel the turbo kick in a real car because you feel the change in G, simple as that. If the change in power is not too great there will be very little visual queues to pick up on.

People seems to forget that they are sitting in a chair!
You are not in a real car, you can never simulate a real car on a PC simulation, you can do a PC part, but the rest have to be your imagination, and you have to pretend that u are in a car..
the turbos in LFS are like huge truck turbos... Look at the turbo in the RAC, it doesnt hit full boost till about 8k+, and it only pushes like what? 8 psi? for only 8 psi it should spin up really fast.
actually i was looking at teh G meter when you press f9

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG