The online racing simulator
2009 Formula 1 Car
(10 posts, started )
2009 Formula 1 Car
Hi guys.

Following the radical changes of F1 cars in 2008 to 2009, which include slick tires and new aero regulations. I was wondering if LFS could keep up with the newest FIA rules and introduce a new 2009 F1 car, as the current F1.06 is a little outdated. It would certainly be a nice addition.

However, I understand that it might not be possible, as BMW would certainly not want to divulge its newest designs. The reason we have an F1 car was because it was outdated.

An F1.09 would be extremely nice, but im not demanding anything. Thanks for reading.
Who gives a stuff about if it's based on a real one, a car based on the 2009 specifications could be fun (KERS could be difficult to simulate though).
#3 - wild
I think it would be more sensible to implement this in 2010. The FIA are introducing Standardised Engines then so there wont be no more KERS. Pretty much of a waste of time adding Kers for one year then taking it out.
They won't introduce standard engines. That's just a scare tactic to get sensible regulation changes from the manufacturers.
Why don't they(scavier) desing a model based on the F1's? maybe a VFX (V for velocity, F for... hmm and X for... ecks?)

But well, "updating" the F106" is another Lincensing issue. They won the rights to model the '06 car, and not any car. the '08 / '09 is Another car.
Quote from Calvinaquino :Why don't they(scavier) desing a model based on the F1's? maybe a VFX (V for velocity, F for... hmm and X for... ecks?)

I don't think Scawen likes the letter V. The F and the X he just loves typing so he'd be up for those, but the V would be difficult. Maybe an R instead? RXF would do it - we haven't got one of those.
maybe... just maybe... before thinking of another car under F1 specifications in the monoposti sector, we should look around the world. Something like a Formula Atlantic with such less aeros or a Formula Ford type of Monoposti would give a wider range of cars. Surely a car with KERS would be great, but maybe a Prototype with KERS is better.
Even an old (=01-06) Champcar (with or without the Push to Pass) maybe only with Speedway aeros (or with all three) would be a great addition to LFS, 'cause the car setting is different to an F1.

Quote from Alkanphel :
However, I understand that it might not be possible, as BMW would certainly not want to divulge its newest designs. The reason we have an F1 car was because it was outdated.

An F1.09 would be extremely nice, but im not demanding anything. Thanks for reading.

Well not quiet right: When LFS got the F1.06 it was up to date it was in 2006 when it was added to LFS. For the newer cars ISI have the rights, producing the F1.07 and F1.08 for rFactor. The F1.08 will also be included in the Formula 1 thingy by Codemasters... whenever it will be released.

Finally, there's only one thing for me to say... I'm looking forward for the Volkswagen Scirocco first
It'll be the F1.09 for the Codies title.
Quote from wild :I think it would be more sensible to implement this in 2010. The FIA are introducing Standardised Engines then so there wont be no more KERS. Pretty much of a waste of time adding Kers for one year then taking it out.

KERS is not part of the engine and they did state that if they went for standardised engines then KERS would be one of the factors to provide performance differential.

Standardised engines is just a threat to concentrate FOTA's minds to producing cost saving ideas. It won't happen but even if it did then of course KERS would stay.

Back on Topic...

An up to date F1 car (licensed or just based on the regulations - it doesn't matter) would be a good thing.
If it is dated, it'll fit in with all the other LFS cars... even when the scirocco comes. there probably would be a facelift already.

2009 Formula 1 Car
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG