The online racing simulator
Midnight Club: Los Angeles
(169 posts, started )
You just killed one of my favirote cars, thanks.
Hmm, game looks interesting. Not your usual NFS night-time HDR crap. When prices inevitably tumble after Christmas, might pick it up for half-nothing on PS3
the vinyls look REALLY low res.. whats the deal?
Quote from mutt107 :the vinyls look REALLY low res.. whats the deal?

They are not great, but they can be higher res if people do them correctly. When you reshape and size them they are sometimes blurry, so you need to tweak them until they come into focus.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :They are not great, but they can be higher res if people do them correctly. When you reshape and size them they are sometimes blurry, so you need to tweak them until they come into focus.

ok im going to get this game soon do you have online?
add my gamertag muttski11lz (i think thats right if not i will pm you the right one when i get my xbox back) i need to buy another online card
This game is great. Good online physics and you can customize vehicles in all possible ways

My first car in MC: L.A

'88 VW Scirocco

Tried the photo mode today...
Attached images
camaro01.jpg
camaro02.jpg
camaro03.jpg
camaro04.jpg
datsun01.jpg
datsun02.jpg
datsun03.jpg
datsun04.jpg
rx-7.jpg
duc01.jpg
duc02.jpg
jibber got taste.
Thanks!

It's actually one of the reasons why i enjoy this game. You can customize the cars without having to make rice mobiles out of them.
Just bought it, will shortly go on it.
Can you run over pederestians?
Ooh, might get this. I loved MC3 on PSP, even though the low res made it nearly impossible to navigate.
Hmm, ok been playing it for like an hour.

Screen is quite disorientating. I feel kinda sick...

Too many controls for the controller, meaning I cannot have the exact setup I want.

Other than that, I guess it's an ok way of wasting time.
i wish this game was for the PC or i wish someone would make a program to convert PS3 or Xbox360 games to PC cause this game looks good
YESS!! I beat Booke and Got 1 million bucks for Karol. Now I have gone into business with him, and everything is FREE!! Now I got S7's, lambos, A-class tuners, superbikes, and almost everything I'm happy with!

Oh, and since I got 1m, all the previous car designs have all been sold.
Now you just need to get the Grade A license on Rockstar Social Club, then you will be able to show off a lovely Audi R8.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Hmm, ok been playing it for like an hour.

Screen is quite disorientating. I feel kinda sick...

Too many controls for the controller, meaning I cannot have the exact setup I want.

Other than that, I guess it's an ok way of wasting time.

Felt same way after 1 hour, then turned off the game. After a night of good sleep, i wanted to try one more time, and it got pretty interesting now as i got used to the controls and that. So try again
I'm currnetly on C-licence, with the hydraulics. I've done 6/12, so those TIS modular rims can't be too far away. Getting the R8 is too hard. how the fudge am I gonna get 25 cons. wins, or wreck my car 250 times?
Quote from Furiously-Fast :I'm currnetly on C-licence, with the hydraulics. I've done 6/12, so those TIS modular rims can't be too far away. Getting the R8 is too hard. how the fudge am I gonna get 25 cons. wins, or wreck my car 250 times?

Some people have done it already, which is a bit sad. I didn't know what you got for Grade B, are those rims any good?
So wait, am I right in thinking you need Live to unlock all this stuff?

Like the Hydraulics and the like.... meh.

Quote from Rascar13 :Felt same way after 1 hour, then turned off the game. After a night of good sleep, i wanted to try one more time, and it got pretty interesting now as i got used to the controls and that. So try again

I was getting quite annoyed with the game in the last ~30 minutes of playing time. I've done nearly 3 hours this evening.

The AI seem totaly invincible to crashing, and always know exactly where to go.

The map is so damn large that no casual player will ever have a chance to learn most of the shortcuts and stuff, so the entire network of them is rendered useless. Of course, the AI know exactly where to go, and always seem to have cars way faster than you, even on the easiest (greenest) of challenges availible. You never really have enough money to upgrade your car(s), as I currently have a ricer'd S14 (:o) and the Camaro SS I won off of that russian guy. I've done them both up midly, really most of the money was spent on the aethestics of both cars, so they suit the class.

Either way, I have ~$5,000 and don't see that figure improving massively in the near future.

What's more than that, the handling of the bikes (being a biker, obviously I test rode the Monster as soon as I could..) is dreadful, it feels just like a car. Quite clearly is as well, since 1st gear ran to about 40mph, 2nd to about 65. Reminds me of Hawk Kawasaki Racing on the PS2. Load of shit.

The cars handle "ok". No-where near LFS, but not so ridiculous that you can get round corners without braking. Because if you try, you will crash.

Overall, after an evenings gameplay, I rate it 7/10. The music gets rather annoying after a while, even with a couple of my fave tracks from Nas, the camera views are annoying, the control system needs a re-work and, on my 22inch widescreen HDTV at least, on 720dpi, I am unable to see where I'm going without having to lean forward and somewhat squint. This has left me with quite uncomfortable upper back/neck pain.

Maybe it'll grow on me, but I don't see myself playing it much over CoD4/Farcry2/LFS.

Quote from Furiously-Fast :YESS!! I beat Booke and Got 1 million bucks for Karol. Now I have gone into business with him, and everything is FREE!! Now I got S7's, lambos, A-class tuners, superbikes, and almost everything I'm happy with!

At what part of the game is this? This seems like it makes life much easier.
P.I.T the AI it makes them fail.

Midnight Club: Los Angeles
(169 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG