The online racing simulator
21st century also IN cars
(29 posts, started )
I mean 21th century^^

Hey everyone,

although the interiors were updated in Patch Z for some cars, they still seem like 10 or 15 years old.
To me, things like a navigation system or just some modern looking displays (which do not change; easier to create) would be a big step forward in making Lfs looking more modern.

What do you think?

thanks
i like the outside matching the inside unless you want the Citroen gt interior in your uf1
I too think that the interiors are fine and go along well with the cars.
#4 - Byku
Those cars are 10-15 years old .. so the interiors match them perfectly
#5 - bbman
Quote from deutscher :I mean 21th century^^

Hey everyone,

although the interiors were updated in Patch Z for some cars, they still seem like 10 or 15 years old.
To me, things like a navigation system or just some modern looking displays (which do not change; easier to create) would be a big step forward in making Lfs looking more modern.

What do you think?

thanks

If you'd do racing with street cars, would you weigh your car down with unnecessary crap like a satnav?

Thought so...
Yeah, as already said, these cars are at least 15 years old, so the interiors match good.
Although I wouldn't mind getting a steering wheel what fits to racing cars better, it's not that usual to use stock steering wheels on track.

And plus modern cars are ugly, inside and out so I don't wanna see modern stuff in LFS.
lfs isn't a big wobbly luxery car type sim. but its a modest only nessesary stuff sim.
Quote from bbman :If you'd do racing with street cars, would you weigh your car down with unnecessary crap like a satnav?

Thought so...

He needs a navi to find the way round the track.

@topic: Soon the Scirocco will come.
Firstly, I like the old-style interiors. Secondly, maybe when the devs sort stuff out then maybe we could get newer cars.
Well, it just makes it more realistic. Unless you're super rich, there's little chance that you'll race with a brand new car. There are a lot of 1990's cars on track days.

Also, I guess this will not be true anymore as we get a brand new Sirocco "soonish". However, I must say that I'd like to see a 2010 looking car designed by Eric.
has Eric ever posted? oh do you really need a gps at a race track???
Quote from chavm481 :has Eric ever posted? oh do you really need a gps at a race track???

Nissan GTR uses it sat-nav system to apply the speed limit in Japan.

All cars in Japan are limited to 118mph or something. When the GPS realises it's on a track, it de-activates it.
topgear!
what would be nice are some cars with good modern design, but not the "the Citroen gt interior in your uf1", that's for sure
let's wait and see how the Scirocco interior will be made like..
the design of the cars is probablly the weakest point in LFS, which is quite good in fact, as this means the more important points are it's stronger points
Quote from chavm481 :topgear!

haha, sounds like an Alan Partridge expression of victory

'Spiceworld!'
#17 - aoun
The interiors look too modern for the cars we have now, if they really are 10-15 years old.
Quote from aoun :The interiors look too modern for the cars we have now, if they really are 10-15 years old.

I don't know I nicer way of saying this, but you are wrong.

These interior designs we have in LFS, are very typical looking for a car from early 90's to late 90's.

I don't remember from what car the XRG/XRT/XRR interior was almost a straight copy, but for what I can remember it was "old" car.
the xrg-t..
Well have to say that the interiors ARE Matching the outside, and the XR Series interior is based in the Mitsubishi GTO (3000GT here in America).

Writting this i remebered something: have you noticied that the RB4 Interior is the same as the Hyundai Accent 95-99 one? look one inside, is a Replica .

Adolfo Herrera.
the rb is the supra and the xr is the starion.
#24 - DeMS
Quote from BigPeBe :I don't know I nicer way of saying this, but you are wrong.

These interior designs we have in LFS, are very typical looking for a car from early 90's to late 90's.

I don't remember from what car the XRG/XRT/XRR interior was almost a straight copy, but for what I can remember it was "old" car.

I was thinking about the XF cars, and I think their interior matches this of a Fiat Punto (not the bigger, newer version, but the old one), or at least the air conditioning/heating controls did

(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG