The online racing simulator
KERS in lfs?
(55 posts, started )
its not nos, its stored energy recovered from slowing down.
What car would we put it on? We don't have a current/future F1 car (or so we think) and it shouldn't be put on the BF1 because that is an older BMW sauber.
#28 - Gunn
-1 from me.

And -1 for KERS in real F1 racing too. Stupid idea. Sad to see F1 succumbing to political correctness.
Quote from chavm481 :its not nos, its stored energy recovered from slowing down.

I did not say it was NOS, I said it would be like NOS. Same effect : press on a button to have extra power to the wheels.

And it will be like NOS in NFS, because it will recharge on its own through the track (well through braking).
Quote from Zen321 :God, do you know how to read ?

I never said NOS IRL !! I said NOS in NFS
NOS in NFS NOS in NFS NOS in NFS

KERS in Live For Speed will be like Nitrous Oxide in Need For Speed. IE : Same feeling, same method.

Now you understand ?

And with the NOS, you can adjust the output curve very easily : just play on the solenoid size. Smaller = less more hp but longer time / Larger = more hp but shorter time.

NOS in NFS just a on/off system, but KERS NOT!
You can have your choice how the power output--Max output in a stage or keep it Continuously under a lower output, that means you can let the kers not be a booster, you can let it push the car all the time with low power output!
You need to think "how to use this power"

if the power recharge is more than the power output(you can do it with tune down the power output), that means the KERS can supply power in hold lap & hold race, not just be a booster

high power booste or low power extra engine, it will be YOUR choice
Quote from scania :NOS in NFS just a on/off system, but KERS NOT!
You can have your choice how the power output--Max output in a stage or keep it Continuously under a lower output, that means you can let the kers not be a booster, you can let it push the car all the time with low power output!
You need to think "how to use this power"

e.g. the you need to spend 10 sec in the longest strige way, if you set the KERS power output can keep power supply more than 15sec, that means the KERS will supply power all the time, not just a booster

Not in NFSU2 (the game where your add setup options similar to LFS). You could set your NOS on a function where extra power depended on duration (more duration = less power let's say 9 more HP sec / Less duration = more power like 25hp/second)
Quote from Zen321 :God, do you know how to read ?

I never said NOS IRL !! I said NOS in NFS
NOS in NFS NOS in NFS NOS in NFS

KERS in Live For Speed will be like Nitrous Oxide in Need For Speed. IE : Same feeling, same method.

Now you understand ?

And with the NOS, you can adjust the output curve very easily : just play on the solenoid size. Smaller = less more hp but longer time / Larger = more hp but shorter time.

NOS in NFS UG & NFS PS is also no recharging
Quote from Zen321 :Not in NFSU2 (the game where your add setup options similar to LFS). You could set your NOS on a function where extra power depended on duration (more duration = less power let's say 9 more HP sec / Less duration = more power like 25hp/second)

But..... NOS in NFS is not a really NOS!!!!!
NO SYSTEM CAN CHARGE POWER BY DRIFT!!!!!!!!!!
Quote from scania :But..... NOS in NFS is not a really NOS!!!!!
NO SYSTEM CAN CHARGE POWER BY DRIFT!!!!!!!!!!

Come on man...
You know that NFS is not meant to be realistic.
I'll stop the useless arguement with you here because you don't seem willing be clever and smart enough to see the obvious that I and other people on this thread are stating.
zomg. what people here are failing to see is that the whole nos vs. kers thing is not meant to be an equation! It's a comparison, ffs!
Obviously they are not the same, but the effect they give is somewhat similar.

so -1. Just a stupid idea. (to implement it in F1 as well as in LFS.)
Quote from Fuse5 :zomg. what people here are failing to see is that the whole nos vs. kers thing is not meant to be an equation! It's a comparison, ffs!
Obviously they are not the same, but the effect they give is somewhat similar.

so -1. Just a stupid idea. (to implement it in F1 as well as in LFS.)

maybe cam in block 2valves/cyl carburetorengine & gasoline with Tetra-ethyl lead is very good for our earth

but I just want to have a fastest & most efficiency car.
fastest is the winner, not the coolest
LOL no! -1
I'm not saying neither of +1 / -1, I'm just saying that KERS is unnecessary at the moment, since it was primarily created to improve fuel economy. Fuel in LFS costs nothing as far as I know, so there is no need for KERS.
Now you might say that KERS also provides moments of extra power...in LFS it would be the same as NOS in NFS then...a recharging power booster. Go figure.
Quote from breadfan :I'm not saying neither of +1 / -1, I'm just saying that KERS is unnecessary at the moment, since it was primarily created to improve fuel economy. Fuel in LFS costs nothing as far as I know, so there is no need for KERS.
Now you might say that KERS also provides moments of extra power...in LFS it would be the same as NOS in NFS then...a recharging power booster. Go figure.

KERS let you think how to allotment the limited power, not just a on/off system
If a 2009 F1 car is introduced in the game then yes.
Other then that no.
Quote from evilpimp :If a 2009 F1 car is introduced in the game then yes.
Other then that no.

Seconded.
hell no!

-1, I don't like 'no-NOS'-NOS.
KERS in LFS is just pointless idea. We have some great races with side-by-side battles so we don't need a forced political rule like in real F1 IMO.

-1 from me
I was thinking N20 Could have a place in LFS. Like E.G if you used it you decided the amount of time that you kept it on and if it was on too long the engine over revved and died.
We have the F08 (me not, im demo user), it can use KERS, but LFS+KERS=NFS+NOS (like another people said) because LFS doesnt have Brake temps
F3000 cars never had and never will have KERS.
A 'push to pass' for the second car will be a 'push to he not pass me' to the first car
Quote from boosterfire :-1

It sounds too much like the "push to pass" button they had in CART or Champ Car (can't remember when). I agree that the concept is probably a good thing energy-wise, but it's not really needed. It's like: "I'm not good enough to pass people by myself so I push this little button there and, voila!"...

Well from what I remember, didn't they only use it on city tracks where passing was hard, and depended on opportunities?
Why does every one compare Live For Speed with Need For Speed. Is it becuase they both have similar names ?
Quote from Gunn :-1 from me.

And -1 for KERS in real F1 racing too. Stupid idea. Sad to see F1 succumbing to political correctness.

^^My thoughts exactly

KERS in lfs?
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG