The online racing simulator
KERS in lfs?
(55 posts, started )
KERS in lfs?
What about KERS in lfs?
The new thing they are going to have in F1, it will give you a little boost for 4-5 sec.
Would be fun
could you explain more?
no, no nawz in LFS
Yes we need KERS
+10101010139274853!
Quote from Bose321 :could you explain more?

The energy acumulated during a race e.g. from brake temeprature can be used as temporary booster. (IIRC)
Kinetic Energy Recovery System.

It's an electric/IC hybrid car where the energy otherwise lost as heat when braking is stored and reused.

I don't think it'd be that useful in LFS where people mostly play short sprint races where fuel consumption isn't an issue, and people need the most power, all the time, rather than the most efficient choice of two.
-
(aroX123) DELETED by aroX123
Kers in LFS = NOS in NFS, so thanks, but no
Quote from tikshow :Kers in LFS = NOS in NFS, so thanks, but no

Don't totally agree with you there, if this was true then the new formula one cars will also have nos? They are going to test it next season as far as I have heard.

but I also say no to this kers, maybe later on but for now no as long as it is in testing fase.
Quote from M.vdBroek :Don't totally agree with you there, if this was true then the new formula one cars will also have nos? They are going to test it next season as far as I have heard.

but I also say no to this kers, maybe later on but for now no as long as it is in testing fase.

not the same as nos in real life, because nos is limited by it's tank, and you can use only that amount, but in games it's recharging like the kers in the real life, but kers is limited by the rules(or how you can use it), so it's nearly the same thing, those give you more power and thats all

KERS does not use nitrous oxide
No appropriate car for it, so it's only a +1 if there is one.
Quote from aroX123 :What about KERS in lfs?
The new thing they are going to have in F1, it will give you a little boost for 4-5 sec.
Would be fun

Quote from duke_toaster :No appropriate car for it, so it's only a +1 if there is one.

the Formula BMW?
The FBMW does not have KERS in reality.
Quote from tikshow :not the same as nos in real life, because nos is limited by it's tank, and you can use only that amount, but in games it's recharging like the kers in the real life, but kers is limited by the rules(or how you can use it), so it's nearly the same thing, those give you more power and thats all

Ah I see I thought it was like a turbo on a car but then with braking power. Thanks for the update!
Quote from M.vdBroek :Ah I see I thought it was like a turbo on a car but then with braking power. Thanks for the update!

lol

It sounds too much like the "push to pass" button they had in CART or Champ Car (can't remember when). I agree that the concept is probably a good thing energy-wise, but it's not really needed. It's like: "I'm not good enough to pass people by myself so I push this little button there and, voila!"...
BF1 didn't have KERS I think KERS should me in LFS when there is F1 2009.
Oooookay, bbman, that was slightly misleading Never had, doesn't have and never will have KERS is correct.

But yeah, in a game it's just a push to pass button. In real life it's a step to a lower fuel consumption and stuff, but since we have virtual fuel and all of that, IMO we really don't need KERS. As it was said, it'd be just like a rechargable NOS. And don't come around explaining it doesn't use nitrous oxide, i'm well aware of the technologies used in a KERS (more so in a mechanical or flywheel KERS than an electrical, but it's basicly a no brainer too).

It is a metaphore dudes.

NOS in NFS : temporary boost that recharges when you don't use it.
KERS IRL : Stored energy recovered from braking fills a "tank" that will apply some more horsepower to the engine in F1 GP (according to the FIA "no more than [insert hp here], for no more than 6 seconds per lap).

So : KERS IRL = NOS in NFS

I am really sad that the F1 is being dominated by political and ecological views since the European parliament stated that "motorsports have to be a showroom for future environmental-friendly technologies". This is gonna turn F1 to a ChampCar like with a push-to-pass button, and not only the skills of the drivers coupled to the balance of the car.

Shame on the EU !

no
NOS wil be use up but KERS won't
and you can tune the power output curve of KERS-max power output in a few sec or keep it smooth under a lower output
e.g.
80ps in 7sec
40ps in 14sec
20ps in 28sec
10ps in 56sec
Quote from Primoz :Oooookay, bbman, that was slightly misleading Never had, doesn't have and never will have KERS is correct.

Or, you could say:
...hadn't, hasn't, and never will have KERS...
Quote from Zen321 :It is a metaphore dudes.

NOS in NFS : temporary boost that recharges when you don't use it.
KERS IRL : Stored energy recovered from braking fills a "tank" that will apply some more horsepower to the engine in F1 GP (according to the FIA "no more than [insert hp here], for no more than 6 seconds per lap).

So : KERS IRL = NOS in NFS

I am really sad that the F1 is being dominated by political and ecological views since the European parliament stated that "motorsports have to be a showroom for future environmental-friendly technologies". This is gonna turn F1 to a ChampCar like with a push-to-pass button, and not only the skills of the drivers coupled to the balance of the car.

Shame on the EU !

but NOS won't recharging in the real life
and NOS can't set the output curve
Quote from scania :but NOS won't recharging in the real life
and NOS can't set the output curve

God, do you know how to read ?

I never said NOS IRL !! I said NOS in NFS
NOS in NFS NOS in NFS NOS in NFS

KERS in Live For Speed will be like Nitrous Oxide in Need For Speed. IE : Same feeling, same method.

Now you understand ?

And with the NOS, you can adjust the output curve very easily : just play on the solenoid size. Smaller = less more hp but longer time / Larger = more hp but shorter time.

KERS in lfs?
(55 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG