The online racing simulator

Poll : Did Lewis Hamilton deserve this title? (i do) :P

Closed since :
Yep!
No!
Dont know
Quote from Timdpr :
Glock will probably be penalised anyway, for running that Redbull off the track. Or at least he should be! It was the same as Lewis vs Kimi at Fuji...

In T1 (not L1 though?) It was Trulli wasn't it
Quote from Becky Rose :First off, that was an astounding last 15 minutes I couldn't believe the events unfolding, at one point I called Hamilton a "foxtrotting Henman". That was with 2 corners to go...

As for the conspiracy theory, I didn't see anything contraversial when it was live, I assume Glock was struggling for grip on slicks. I'm not going to get all fanboy on the debate, tbh i'm not going to even consider the conspiracy theory unless it transpires there is some conspiracy... Rather than makeup a conspiracy theory and then try to prove it as seems to be the case here.

Now I have a request please. I had to rush out the moment Hamilton crossed the line, whilst this was good in regards to not having to listen to James Allen or ITV waving goodbye and saying how great they and Hamilton are for half hour - the downise is...

What happened with the crowd and what's this about a fiery Honda crossing the line backwards or something?

A Honda caught fire in the ptlane after the race, and started rolling backwards 'cause of the slope! They had to pust some other cars out of the way to stop him crashing into them!
Quote from Töki (HUN) :What did Glock do? Please someone tell me!

He stayed on dry tyres but it started to rain heavily in the last 2 laps so he lost a lot of time there so that Hamilton was able to pass him in the last corner.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :It had started to rain pretty heavily in the last lap and a half, I doubt he 'let' Lewis past, however it cannot be certain. Maybe he 'skidded' on purpose? :o

o grow up, not a chance, anyway, was a great race by massa shame about the result for him
Quote from andybarsblade :Just for all you Hami haters: The moment your dreams came true

its priceless few moments later when they get told Massa isnt the champion xD
Quote from zeugnimod :He stayed on dry tyres but it started to rain heavily in the last 2 laps so he lost a lot of time there so that Hamilton was able to pass him in the last corner.

And? This is how Hamilton became 5th, or what?!
Quote from DevilDare :its priceless few moments later when they get told Massa isnt the champion xD

That's not fair.
Quote from andybarsblade :Just for all you Hami haters: The moment your dreams came true

NO NO NO, you need to screen the bit where the Ferrari worker explains Massa isn't Champ.
I'd like to say thanks to Vettel for making things so exciting!
Quote from jaws99 :Spent a year watching an F1 season and it is spoiled by a stupid decision from Timo Glock. He should be ashamed of himself, what gives him the right to swing a championship in that way.

He was 15 seconds clear into the last lap, bugger

HE hardly slowed down just to let Hamilton pass though, he was 6 seconds behind him by the time he crossed the line.

5. Lewis Hamilton (GB) McLaren-Mercedes +38.907
6. Timo Glock (Ger) Toyota +44.368

Glock just lost speed on the wet.
Quote from Timdpr :My thoughts:

Hamilton and McLaren deserved it more than Massa and Ferrari.

Massa deserved it more than Lewis.

Glock will probably be penalised anyway, for running that Redbull off the track. Or at least he should be! It was the same as Lewis vs Kimi at Fuji...

Think you'll find that was Trulli and a Torro Rosso, Bordais,

There is such thing as a bad winner you know :P Massa is such a nice guy, I feel really sorry for his family, why laugh at others misfortune?
Quote from DevilDare :its priceless few moments later when they get told Massa isnt the champion xD

It's not nice to laugh about that really, fair enough laugh at Ferrari, sod them, but you can only feel sorry for Massa and his family.

The crowd boo'd when they realised Hamilton had won the championship, and the Honda seemed to catch fire in the pits, and they had to quickly get the other cars out of the way and put the fire out.

You've just shown your big IQ. Gratz.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :And? This is how Hamilton became 5th, or what?!

Yes.

2 laps before that, Vettel passed Hamilton for 5th position.
Quote from SAxor :Think you'll find that was Trulli and a Torro Rosso, Bordais,

Okay, thx for correcting me. I take that back!
Here is a question for the F1 boffins, is this the first time someone has won the championship without winning the most races?
Quote from jaws99 :There is such thing as a bad winner you know :P Massa is such a nice guy, I feel really sorry for his family, why laugh at others misfortune?

Im a Massa fan man, but seriously, i find it funny that its so cruel. LOL
Methinks theres going to be fireworks next year, shame it all goes tits up in 2010.

Who wants to place their bets now? I put Massa and Hamilton about equal, watch out for Vettel and Kubica.
Tbh the fans were kinda disrespectful. I dunno if anybody else heard DC say "why are they booing?" when i think kovalainen was overtaking alonso in a replay.

Has anybody seen tristancliffe? I think he may of hung himself.
Quote from 5haz :Methinks theres going to be fireworks next year, shame it all goes tits up in 2010.

There is already fireworks here, I have a feeling people were waiting for the race to finish before letting off their weekend firework displays, because a couple of minutes after the race it seems every firework in the city was set off.
aye recap for the guy asking: Rain before the start caused an early tyre change from inters to dry - Hamilton played it cautious, came out in 7th and quickly repassed to 5th and held it for the championship. A few laps from the end with rain starting to fall and Hamilton struggling for grip Vettel passes him, I shout at the telly a lot, then Hamilton passed the ailing Glock on the last corner. As Hamilton crosses the line I switch off and am spared James Allen...
I would like to thank Nick Heidlfeld (GER) for not helping Kubica with +1point last race which would give him 3rd place in general classification.

Thank you BMM Sauber team (GER) for bilion pit stops which put Kubica to last place in the beginning. Stupid me thinking they gave him semi slicks so he would be first, for a period, of course.

And finally, thank you Glock (GER) pussy, for leting Lewis (who was slower then kid Vettel and doubled Kubica) by, which gave him WDC.
Quote from ATC Quicksilver :Here is a question for the F1 boffins, is this the first time someone has won the championship without winning the most races?

Keke Rosberg won the 1982 championship having only won one race that year, but I can't think off the top of my head of any other examples. I'm sure it's not uncommon though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG