The online racing simulator
Centralising league news
(144 posts, started )
Great idea Victor. I think a lot of leagues would really like a centralised base and system as you are suggesting.

I think it's sometihng that would really benefit from being run by LFS inhouse rather than by any 3rd party........
Quote from Fischfix :
a league admin should be able to register drivers to the league or actually an league-registration "thing". if there is an "official" point of registration provided by lfs, this will make an extra thread and manual "verification" obsolete. i think this can also make every inscription to a league more "serious" and the dropout rate will go down if its "officially" written down and managed.

i wish drivers could also have some sort of "statistics" so people know exactly in which league they were, which position they had and why the did not start in 8 leagues they did sign up.

I don't understand why a registration is needed. Only races results and standings etc. should be submitted to the centralized league system. With the lfsworld name it is possible to add an overview that displays in which league the driver has raced.
Quote from Brilwing :I don't understand why a registration is needed. Only races results and standings etc. should be submitted to the centralized league system. With the lfsworld name it is possible to add an overview that displays in which league the driver has raced.

sounds good to me as well. i just want to bring out the point that league admins can see if someone signs up to their league who actually signed up for 10 other leagues and never started in one or droped out after 2 races because he sucked or got booted...
Yes!! Although I'd say only really news and maybe race results and standings.

Otherwise I think people are wanting LFS to do things they should be doing.

Quote from Brilwing :I don't understand why a registration is needed. Only races results and standings etc. should be submitted to the centralized league system. With the lfsworld name it is possible to add an overview that displays in which league the driver has raced.

It's been a bit quiet from my end on this topic, but i have been on it
I'm at the point where i've got a nice news submission & edit facility and the only real missing functionality is the results bit.
About that I was wondering if the following field types would be sufficient or if there would be others :

Position
Username
Race time
Gap
Laps
Penalties (can drivers get multiple penalties in your races?)
Anything else? Maybe LFS Playername?
Quote from Victor :Anything else? Maybe LFS Playername?

Yeah, license name would be nice.. and fastest lap?
I think that the LFS player name is important, cause this name is unique. In my tool for the results the LFS player name is used as primary key to identify players.

On our website the results looks like this: http://liveforspeed.at/?q=en/league/results/102

In our league we have only one penalty and this could be disqualify or loss of championship points (we keep it simple). The easiest would that a driver result can be marked with a penalty and a description can be entered.

What about league standings?
Our league standings looks like this: http://liveforspeed.at/?q=en/league/standings/6

We have also multiple standings cause have an own standings for rookies and also a team standings:
http://liveforspeed.at/?q=en/league/teams/standings/6
http://liveforspeed.at/?q=en/league/standings/rookies/6
Quote from traxxion :Yeah, license name would be nice.. and fastest lap?

Yes that would be good:
license name (LFS Playername)
fastest lap

and Teams (to add or not and to edit by hand)?

Quote from Victor :

Yes (chatting, cutting, crossing pitlines, blue flags, not pitting during pit window etc.)
But it's usually always +x seconds
Like: Two times chatting = 2x +10 sec
OT
Quote from Brilwing :
In our league we have only one penalty and this could be disqualify or loss of championship points (we keep it simple).

Aren't that already 2 penalties
Quote from BBO@BSR :Yes that would be good:
license name (LFS Playername)

Licence name is already there... as Username, I think
Quote from Flame CZE :Licence name is already there... as Username, I think

Maybe you should read this thread again and Victor's last post and questions and were it is all about
(or can you see and test what Victor has done till today?)
Quote from BBO@BSR :Maybe you should read this thread again and Victor's last post and questions and were it is all about
(or can you see and test what Victor has done till today?)

Quote from Victor :
About that I was wondering if the following field types would be sufficient or if there would be others :

Position
Username
Race time
Gap
Laps

here it is ...
Quote from Flame CZE :here it is ...

Example Username: T7R| BBO ( my free choice)
LFS Playername (also called license name): bbo@bsr (fixed name in LFS)
These are 2 different things!

And it was a question from Victor to us.
It's not like it is already in there, more like a thought or a maybe.
That's why traxxion, Brillwing and me said that it would be a good idea to add it / have it.
Quote from BBO@BSR :Example Username: T7R| BBO ( my free choice)
LFS Playername (also called license name): bbo@bsr (fixed name in LFS)

Or maybe it's the other way round... That's what Flame is on about I think... so I think we all mean the same thing: it would be nice to have the LFS license name because it is unique.
LFS In-game playername would be a nice addition because most of the times these are better formatted and therefore look nicer in results tables.

PS I agree with the suggestion of BBO: teams would be nice too!
Quote from traxxion :Or maybe it's the other way round...

Oh yes I know what you mean.
But at least these are 2 diff. names

In the forum here it's called:
Racername
In the game it's called:
Driver Name

On the website the account name is called:
Username

Maybe we should call it:
Driver Name and License Name

Anyway
Yes, Victor wrote Username there so it's the unique one. And BBO@BSR wrote Yes that would be good: license name (LFS Playername) butVictor asked for LFS game name (not unique).
Quote from Flame CZE :Yes, Victor wrote Username there so it's the unique one. And BBO@BSR wrote Yes that would be good: license name (LFS Playername) butVictor asked for LFS game name (not unique).

Ok sorry Flame CZE (language barrier I think) now I know what you mean
but at least all the others also mixed that up.

Quote from Brilwing :I think that the LFS player name is important, cause this name is unique.

answer to Victor's question
Quote from traxxion :Yeah, license name would be nice..

Sounds like an GREAT idea to me.

Would there be someway of having a "server details / password" page or field, that would only be visable to those signed up to a particular league?
Yes, definetly player name in addition to the unique username. How about also squad or team name. Additionally it'd be nice to show squad/team results too as I know LOTA has squad battles in each of its series plus other series have only team battles (i.e. IGTC, MoE, etc.).

Quote from Victor :It's been a bit quiet from my end on this topic, but i have been on it
I'm at the point where i've got a nice news submission & edit facility and the only real missing functionality is the results bit.

Position
Username
Race time
Gap
Laps

Thanks for your comments. I've now made a results editor that allows for all suggestions. You can set the columns to any of the predefined types (eg. playername, race time, laps, penalty, points, team, etc) and you can add multiple drivers (username + playername + team) to an entry, to allow for teams and co-driver results. And you can increase or decrease the amount of columns and rows to what you actually need.
Also the results form will check for correct username use, allowing me to link these results to LFS users in the future.

So, one can post news now and add results, so the basic system kind of is in place.
In my first post I talked about more though, like league calendar, league details and automatic news submission, but I think I'll take it step by step and start with the basic, manual news submissions. From there on I think it will become a bit more clear how to continue expanding the system.

But before I can put this live I think i can do with some testing by actual league admins. There's probably a few details that need some attention, which I haven't spotted yet and I'd like to get them ironed out before going live.
So if you feel like testing, please post in this thread and I may pm you.
Don't feel left out if I don't pm you - I will want to limit the amount of testers because they will need access to my test site for this - it'll be nothing personal
Second season of RSWC is starting this Thursday, would that be too soon to test this out?
If there's news you can post it - that would be the test
But I actually hope by thursday it's already live.
I'd be happy to test it out, maybe with our upcoming Mini-FBM series

I would be pleased if I can help you testing. I run the Austrian Championship and the A-Cup. The Austrian Championship is only for Austrian Drivers and the A-Cup is for german speaking drivers. At both leagues 2 races are already done and 9 are coming. The next race is in about 2 weeks.
Victor,

LOTA would love to help test this service. We have a 4-race series starting on Thursday evening EST.

Either myself or "hollywood" would like to have access to the interface for LOTA.

Thanks!

Centralising league news
(144 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG