The online racing simulator
On a more realistic note:

Quote from Jaap Wagenvoort :On April 22nd 2008, 10:16 CET I stated the following:

"One thing I can say: if 1.0.3 is not here within 6 months, I think that I will give up this project as well "

Well, it is now October 22nd 2008, 10:16CET and netKar PRO 1.0.3 is not out yet.
Therefore I decided to do what I said. I think I will give up the project right now. I don't know what I will do from now on. See you around in the future... maybe.

Oh that is sad, I do feel sorry for Jaap he puts a lot of effort into it and keeping the masses happy is not easy. I wish now that I had never bought this sim, I would rather have given the cash to Jaap for a few beers. Personally I blame Moose :P
Dayum. Well, I give him that, the man stands to his word.
So sad to se the hard work of man die slowly wil the newer patch ever come?
Quote from AndroidXP :Dayum. Well, I give him that, the man stands to his word.

Yeah, very impressive...

Does that mean 1.0.3 doesn't just get the final touches? I mean, if it were to come out this weekend, he surely won't give up on it today?

Quote from Chrisuu01 :So sad to se the hard work of man die slowly wil the newer patch ever come?

I don't feel sorry for Kunos... He himself is the only one responsible for this mess... I'm sorry that many people wasted good money on an opportunity which happened to have the wrong leader...
I think Jaap is being sarcastic
Why not just release it how it is for now at least people who paid for it will enjoy it... Sad news...
Quote from evilpimp :Why not just release it how it is for now...

That's how the whole mess got started
Quote from mclarenmatt :I think Jaap is being sarcastic

Well, he has the choice. A man who sticks to his words, or a man whose words are as hollow and meaningless as Kunos'.
Quote from Hyperactive :That's how the whole mess got started

Well I mean if he's gunna drop the project might aswell just publish all the work he's done during these 6 months so they dont go to waste and just stop the development of it...
you mean all 5 lines of code?
Jeez, some peoples sarcasm detectors seem to have stopped working here and at RSC.

He's going nowhere.
1.03 developement is continuing and Jaap is preparing for the next season at GPC.
Right, I do seem to have trouble catching on to eSarcasm. Way better at real sarcasm .
Quote from The Moose :Jeez, some peoples sarcasm detectors seem to have stopped working here and at RSC.

He's going nowhere.
1.03 developement is continuing and Jaap is preparing for the next season at GPC.

Not used to seeing humour in any form from Jaap, much less sarcasm.
Quote from AndroidXP :Well, he has the choice. A man who sticks to his words, or a man whose words are as hollow and meaningless as Kunos'.

lets just say i wouldnt pay either 36 euros
or 50¢.
Tee hee. Christmas or bust?
Joy.
>I hope you understand how difficult it is to keep the communication going trying to balance expectations and frustration in users.

i dont think i do
Copied my post from the RSC Forum:

Quote :Hmmm, just had an interesting message drop in my Inbox.

I'm not going to mention the users name, but apparently he has a good source that Macau is actually being made for netKar Pro by Simone Trevisiol!

If this turn's out to be true and not a hoax, it at least will show there is a future of development for netKar Pro

Bet the Osella would be a blast round there

Don't know if Jaap has heard this rumor? Give's us something to think about...

Also just to let you know, the beta team has been given a new package to test - hopefully the last.

It is exactly as all customers would get it e.g. it has a proper installer, no debug etc.
Quote from mclarenmatt :Copied my post from the RSC Forum:

Also just to let you know, the beta team has been given a new package to test - hopefully the last.

Better not be the last. It's still not fit for public consumption.
Quote from The Moose :Better not be the last. It's still not fit for public consumption.

Just out of curiosity, why is that?
To be honest, I didn't really expect it to be, or expect it now...I won't even install it unless told by many others otherwise...

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG