The online racing simulator
Ferrari make F1 engine row threat
(75 posts, started )
Yay! no more Ferrari!
Or no more retarded plans to turn F1 into GP2
Hahahah thats brilliant.

"We have the best engine and want to have an unfair advantage, if its fair then we'll just drop out."
No Ferrari -> No F1.
#7 - sam93
Read this last night on autosport, Ferrari always seem to throw their toys out of the pram.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :No Ferrari -> No F1.

As much as I dislike Ferrari's tactics of recent years, I'm inclined to agree on this one. It would be like Gladiators without Wolf, or baseball without the New York Yankees - a successful team that has a number of diehard almost to the point of fanboyism supporters and everyone else cannot stand.
This is according to the script, I guess. FIA wants to reduce the advantage that a big budget gives you, so it's only natural that the teams with the largest budgets will object. Especially Ferrari, because the engine is traditionally the strongest point of their cars.

Or perhaps this is an "honourable" way to retreat from F1 without mentioning the economic crisis.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :No Ferrari -> No F1.

thats what you think no more Ferrari -> Fair races

"F1 is about who can build the best car, not just who's the best racing driver"

McFerrari <<< Lol wut?
But, in a way DevilDare, Ferrari IS F1, they've been there since 195, to lose them would be a huge blow to F1. Not to mention that they'll probably pull out of motorsports entirely.

Anyone know what other series they do apart from F1?
Only a moron would watch F1 with a standard engine supply. It'd be shit. Ferrari would be right to move on, as would all the other manufacturers, leaving someone like Cosworth or Mechachrome to supply engines.
It's not F1 if everyone has the same engines, and how would a team like Ferrari be a Ferrari if it was running with an engine made by someone else? Scuderia Ferrari is the engine.

It's the same with Honda, Toyota or Renault. I doubt they would continue in the series if it gets trough. Of course, if they don't get the supplier deal.
It would be boring with standard engines. Let's see what the final decision will be from the FIA.
Quote from DevilDare :fair races

Races eh.. What would we see then? 1. Hamilton. +10secs 2. Kovalainen... + 30secs. BMW or Renault. I wouldn't call that race.
Quote from Töki (HUN) :Races eh.. What would we see then? 1. Hamilton. +10secs 2. Kovalainen... + 30secs. BMW or Renault. I wouldn't call that race.

you have to remember it's with the same engines, so AHEM..
Quote from mcintyrej :Hahahah thats brilliant.

"We have the best engine and want to have an unfair advantage, if its fair then we'll just drop out."

The whole point is that they designed their engine better than the others. If you spent a lot of time developing something to improve your performance and that when you're done you're asked to share it with others so that they can actually catch up with you, would you like it? Probably not.

I agree that there needs to be some kind of change made to F1 so that it isn't such a money-pit, but in my opinion it doesn't involve making all cars the same. Reducing costs is a good opportunity to move forward toward new technologies.

Their plan is flawed, and will always be flawed if they try to reduce costs too much. The goal of F1 is to develop new technologies, yes, and that involves massive investments. If they want F1 to remain interesting and move towards the future, they will have no choice but to invest up to some point, either in new and more interesting technologies, or in evolution of the current one (like it's always been).

In the end, reducing cost will inevitably make F1 more boring, and they can either keep it the way it is, or make it more interesting by developing new stuff. It's inevitable that at some point people will just be like: "Hang on, these guys do like 2 MPG, just for the heck of it and don't bother developing technologies that do not require petrol?".

F1 cannot stay the way it is for much longer. I'd say that within the next 15 years it will have to move off petrol to keep it's audience, and it's viability.
If my memory is not playing tricks on me Ferrari has threatened to leave F1 before (although I i am not sure when and what the occasion was). It's just a way they will always get their way. Just like a spoilt baby in a candy store.

If standard engines are introduced F1 would not be place for car manufacturers anymore. Just a playing ground for "garagistes" like Enzo Ferrari called them.

IMHO this does not mean the sport would be less interesting. But things like KERS should be thrown out of the window when the sport is taken away from manufacturers.

I can not imagine there will not be a top single seater formula when the smoke clears. (and I do not call something like A1GP top).
Quote from Joris :If my memory is not playing tricks on me Ferrari has threatened to leave F1 before (although I i am not sure when and what the occasion was). It's just a way they will always get their way. Just like a spoilt baby in a candy store.

If standard engines are introduced F1 would not be place for car manufacturers anymore. Just a playing ground for "garagistes" like Enzo Ferrari called them.

IMHO this does not mean the sport would be less interesting. But things like KERS should be thrown out of the window when the sport is taken away from manufacturers.

I can not imagine there will not be a top single seater formula when the smoke clears. (and I do not call something like A1GP top).

I must say that I'm getting bored of having a 4 to 8 player championship while there's 20 cars on the field. You could just get rid of everything except ferrari, renault, mclaren and bmw and it would be about the same thing. If everybody not only had the same engine, but the same car, F1 would be MUCH more interesting. Imagine having 20 cars all within 3 seconds or so.
Quote from boosterfire :I must say that I'm getting bored of having a 4 to 8 player championship while there's 20 cars on the field. You could just get rid of everything except ferrari, renault, mclaren and bmw and it would be about the same thing. If everybody not only had the same engine, but the same car, F1 would be MUCH more interesting. Imagine having 20 cars all within 3 seconds or so.

Its closer then that now, but its still the same shit up the top.
Quote from boosterfire :I must say that I'm getting bored of having a 4 to 8 player championship while there's 20 cars on the field. You could just get rid of everything except ferrari, renault, mclaren and bmw and it would be about the same thing. If everybody not only had the same engine, but the same car, F1 would be MUCH more interesting. Imagine having 20 cars all within 3 seconds or so.

That's pretty much GP2 that you just described.

F1 is the pinnacle of motorsports development, including engines. chassis, aerodynamics, etc. You take that away, and it stops being F1.
Unfortunatly for any Anti-Ferrari fans, it's almost garuanteed that the FIA will "favor" Ferrari is this situation. Even though it's clearly a bad idea to standardize engines, if they don't go through with it it's "t3h Ferrari FIA Conspiracy!"
Imo these rules will be thrown out the window, f1 would lose way too much revenue if its done.

(75 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG