The online racing simulator
Far Cry 2
(210 posts, started )
Quote from noemfie :Played it for a while on the Xbox , kinda enjoying it so far , the locals that try and attack you around every corner is kinda pissing me off at the moment . Must say was very surprised to hear some of the enemy mercs speak in my native language "Afrikaans"

hehe cool, i had the same in 'brothers in arms hells highway'. speaking dutch
Quote from Bose321 :hehe cool, i had the same in 'brothers in arms hells highway'. speaking dutch

Huh? What scene?

I'm on the quarter of the game and in holland but didnt noticed any dutch.
Pretty impressed with it all so far (360 version). The respawning aggressive NPCs can be a bit frustrating when you're on the way to a mission and end up wasting ammo on the way, but I can understand why they kept it that way - you'd have nothing left to kill by about the 3rd mission

Had a quick mess around with the map editor but the controls aren't quite as friendly as they could've been. I know there's a lot to assign to a joypad, but I still think it could've been handled better. Not been online yet (spoiler avoidance as usual). I have some map ideas I'd like to get working first, so we'll see how it goes.
Quote from Takumi_lfs :Huh? What scene?

I'm on the quarter of the game and in holland but didnt noticed any dutch.

almost on the end, when they rescue pieter
Quote from Bladerunner :Did you get the latest WHQL drivers (178's) or the 'special FarCry2' beta drivers (180's)?...It has been well documented that the beta drivers are a bit buggy.....

That betas are just waste of time... Have read many forums about this, and it improves nothing. thought at least FC2 will work with 'em good as these are 'far cry 2' drivers but thats just propaganda as i saw in some posts. its buggy, yes.

I got 178.24 and they are working well.
Quote from BigPeBe :I tried it now, wrecked few Jeeps on the way.

lol its not that hard

i can do the whole cours with one jeep
Quote from G!NhO :lol its not that hard

i can do the whole cours with one jeep

you suck, i did it with 0,25 jeep
First impressions:

Immersive, plenty to do.

Pretty much good all round.

Sarge.

P.S Can someone .zip & upload the editor ? My "version" didn't come with it ...
Quote from mcintyrej :A HDRI Photo is generally different from HDR in a game. HDR in a game is just fancy lighting and it makes it look more realistic (some disagree). HDR in a photo combines multiple exposures to create a picture without dark shadows or bright highlights creating a usually unrealistic arty look.

what all these techniques try to achieve is make photographs of subjects, like one would see with his own eyes. Eyes are much much more capable at extreme brightness deviation. Cameras, not so much.

tl;dr: hdr tries to imitate your eyes
I bought Far Cry 2 while I was in town today because some of you said it was good. If it's not good, I'm going to have you all executed.

I hated Crysis BTW.
Well.. Crysis was just an over-hyped tech demo with a half-baked story... this is more playable, has a story, and runs smoothly too!
Quote from thisnameistaken :I bought Far Cry 2 while I was in town today because some of you said it was good. If it's not good, I'm going to have you all executed.

I hated Crysis BTW.

/me changes his name and is letting a mustache grow.

j/k it's kinda good, just depends your definitions of 'good'
Quote from Bose321 :j/k it's kinda good, just depends your definitions of 'good'

Funny you should say that. I remember an old friend of mine - who coincidentally is now a manager for a UK games retailer - once told me "Your problem is that you don't know what 'good' is".
haha, maybe he is true
defenetly way better than crysis in story and graphics too,i mean everything is so beautiful,and runs much much better than crysis,im running everything ultrahigh when i did lik medium low in crysis
I refuse playing this before they fix the mouse movement thing, i mean , its so fcked up really.
Quote from Eleanor SpeedGT :I refuse playing this before they fix the mouse movement thing, i mean , its so fcked up really.

What?
Quote from thisnameistaken :I bought Far Cry 2 while I was in town today because some of you said it was good. If it's not good, I'm going to have you all executed.

I hated Crysis BTW.

Start preparing your execution squad, because the game is no good.

Can you spell over hyped? The first though I had with this, although what can you expect with this kind of major release. For starters, it's just irritating to drive around the dam place on errands with those crappy cars which are like trains. I mean the car accelerates to it's top speed almost instantly and the speed doesn't change what ever you do. It's the boring train! They've really tried to make it GTA:Africa, but fail because driving the cars is no fun. Then there is the shooting. Everything has to be killed twice it seems, because the guard post guys just reborn and every time you pass one you need to kill em all again. Then they just can't die, you empty 10-20 rounds in a guy and it just keep going, and if it fells down it might not be dead! Watch out because it might come back at you and shoot you at the back, it's kinda fun(nny) at times, but ehhh..could think less would do it. Explosion are good, almost the best thing about the game, it's impressive how the trees and plants move with the pressure wave. That is sad though, when the only thing the game can do is the graphics and explosions. Cool if you are on to something like that, if you are searching a good game, well, it's not what you are looking for then. I can't find the game any fun, it's a graphics demo like Crysis.

Oh and one more, I hate how they've mirrored the guns to make the reload animations cooler and faster. Don't go to the army kids, it will ruin your gaming experience.

Quote from Blackout :Start preparing your execution squad, because the game is no good.

I put it on for an hour after I finished work last night. I'll give it another try today but so far I think I might finish less of this than I did of Crysis.
Quote from Blackout :Oh and one more, I hate how they've mirrored the guns to make the reload animations cooler and faster. Don't go to the army kids, it will ruin your gaming experience.

haha, there's a few games do this. I certainly wouldn't want to pick one up and aim down it, then squeeze the trigger and get hit in the face with red-hot shell casings
btw, dont use a old dirty bazooka
Quote from Takumi_lfs :btw, dont use a old dirty bazooka

That means instant death. Wondering where the flamethrower is
I had to do a couple of missions for the weapons dealer before the bazooka became an option. Got it now though. Just the thing for stopping those weapons convoys...

I think people are missing the point of the game though - it's not supposed to be GTA in Africa. It's a sandbox and it happens to have a couple of vehicles in it - there the similarity ends. The driving is merely there to get you around faster. It's not supposed to be realistic or feel like a sim, it's not even that much of a feature - it's a FPS game, not a driving game. It's like complaining that the car in HL2 doesn't control like a real one

Far Cry 2
(210 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG