The online racing simulator
Mass added
(8 posts, started )
Mass added
Hey guys,

I'm wondering why most of the setups have a added mass of 55kg to the front? Is this to make the car more balanced or something? Cause with added mass I can drive faster then without wich is a bit strange I think
Wow long no see man, Will have to try and catch you on msn one day

As for the mass; I know in the fzr for example where extra mass is forced but you chance the position I always had it to the front and it made me quicker. The only reason I could think of for that though was the weight at the front balanced the car to a more even weight distribution. Though why people would add mass to any of the cars that don't have it as manditory I don't know.
Quote from Greboth :Wow long no see man, Will have to try and catch you on msn one day

As for the mass; I know in the fzr for example where extra mass is forced but you chance the position I always had it to the front and it made me quicker. The only reason I could think of for that though was the weight at the front balanced the car to a more even weight distribution. Though why people would add mass to any of the cars that don't have it as manditory I don't know.

We really should

Hmm, yes I was talking about the fzr. So in a fzr you always have forced weight with you? hmm interesting so your saying how heavier the front of the car is the more stable it is? But at a certain point it would slow you down because of the weight offcourse.

hmm, I think I get it
You dont have to take kgs in hotlap with you, or do you?
If thats the case, i dont think thats fair.
the added mass to the front of the car would give your front tyres more grip so you can take corners a bit quicker and hit the apexes easier.
more weight at the front? give me a bigger engine plz .

Seriously though, wouldnt weight at the front cause the back to swing out more?
Depends, it would be car specific. A rear engined car would have a lot of weight at the back anyway.
"Most of the sets"?

Never made a set that requires any added mass whatsoever. Although yes, in the FZR it may be beneficial, normally it would just slow you down (especially in the smaller cars)

Mass added
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG