Pink Floyd
Rolling Stones
The Beatles
Genesis
Megadeth
Dream Theatre
Pantara
OUTWORLD
Quote from 5haz :Hmm, past their best, but a couple of their albums are cracking stuff.

*straps ridiculous amount of guns to body before leaving the house*

'Lifeblood' was a poor album, but they got back on track with 'Send Away the Tigers' but seeing them live, they still are one of the best bands out there. Rock Ness last year was magic, watching Nicky jump around on the bonnie banks of Loch Ness was the highlight of the festival.
no tokio hotel in the poll?!?
#28 - 5haz
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :*straps ridiculous amount of guns to body before leaving the house*

'Lifeblood' was a poor album, but they got back on track with 'Send Away the Tigers' but seeing them live, they still are one of the best bands out there. Rock Ness last year was magic, watching Nicky jump around on the bonnie banks of Loch Ness was the highlight of the festival.

They're still a 'nice' band, and their latest effort has some very nice songs on, but they're a bit like Oasis and Radiohead, once you've done a few great albums like 'Everything Must go' and 'This is My Truth' (Not forgetting that scary album The Holy Bible), its hard to follow up.

I can't disagree that they are great live, having seen them myself, and Wire is a genuinely funny bloke. But all bands get to a point where people only ever want to see them play their classics live.

Also where are The Who? They at least deserve a mention, maybe not the ultimate best band, but certainly 'up there'.

Def Leppard, for being ridiculously catchy despite being a little cheesy.

And R.E.M for putting out so many 'nice' albums, nothing too massive, but I can't fault anything they released before 1995.

The Police? For being so damn catchy.

I could go on forever.
Quote from 5haz :

They're still a 'nice' band, and their latest effort has some very nice songs on, but they're a bit like Oasis and Radiohead, once you've done a few great albums like 'Everything Must go' and 'This is My Truth' (Not forgetting that scary album The Holy Bible), its hard to follow up.

I can't disagree that they are great live, having seen them myself, and Wire is a genuinely funny bloke. But all bands get to a point where people only ever want to see them play their classics live.

Also where are The Who? They at least deserve a mention, maybe not the ultimate best band, but certainly 'up there'.

Def Leppard, for being ridiculously catchy despite being a little cheesy.

And R.E.M for putting out so many 'nice' albums, nothing too massive, but I can't fault anything they released before 1995.

The Police? For being so damn catchy.

I could go on forever.

The Police get disqualified due to Sting.
So many massive bands/groups are missing from the list you should have tossed out the poll idea.
Not that it's possible for their to be a "best" anyway. "Most popular" would have been more appropriate if you're asking people for their opinions.

Not that I could pick one.
Quote from SamH :I can't vote while Rush isn't in the list

thread over, go home folks

Quote from spiderbait90 :Favorite Rush song Sam?

Mine would have to be be Xanadu, both to listen too, and play.

well, since you didn't ask... 'natural science' ...

i am a physicist after all
Quote from george_tsiros :thread over, go home folks

well, since you didn't ask... 'natural science' ...

i am a physicist after all

Good song

Although, its hard to find a rush song that isn't, although Madrigal springs to mind.
Jesus the Stones all the way baby!

Umm also I may be the only person in the universe to absolutely HATE Queen! I don't know why (maybe hearing all thier songs everywhere for the past 2 decades) They fill me with dread and if i am forced to hear "Don't stop me now" sung at high decebels at a very nausiating distain, in my local again I will kill!.

Sorry i'm sure you all love the buggers.
#34 - 5haz
Quote from rich uk :Jesus the Stones all the way baby!

Umm also I may be the only person in the universe to absolutely HATE Queen! I don't know why (maybe hearing all thier songs everywhere for the past 2 decades) They fill me with dread and if i am forced to hear "Don't stop me now" sung at high decebels at a very nausiating distain, in my local again I will kill!.

Sorry i'm sure you all love the buggers.

Probrably because they are rather played to death.
I voted Led Zepp..only because the OP didnt include Rainbow, Deep Purple, The Stone Roses, G&R, The Glenn Miller Orchestra, Girlschool, ACDC, Status Quo, Boston, Aerosmith, Yes, Whitesnake, Velvet Revolver, Saxon, Scorpions, MSG, or even the bloody Spice Girls!

Stupid poll anyway!
Vengaboys :shhh:.
I voted Queen from the rather limited list...My favourite at the moment is probably Muse though, just re-dug Black Holes and Revelations up after a year's rest
Quote from dougie-lampkin :I voted Queen from the rather limited list...My favourite at the moment is probably Muse though, just re-dug Black Holes and Revelations up after a year's rest

Muse had so much promise back in the day but they have ended up sounding like a Tom Morello secret jam session with Thom Yorke they're good, live especially, but you can't help feeling they are copy cats... even though Bellamy has never hidden his love of RATM.

rich uk - your not alone!

and why the goddam hell is Fleetwood Mac not on that list??... !! Stevie Nicks people! lol the goat!
Led Zeppelin and Queen are excellent choices, but no one changed the face of music like the Beatles...
Pink. Floyd.
#41 - JJ72
where the f**k is N'sync?
I'm with The General Lee. Him and I are probably the 2 biggest Floyd fans of this forum.

I have 3 copies just of Darkside of the Moon. I have the normal release, one from a box set, and one on gold CD. I suppose I can say I have 4 copies because the 2nd CD from the Pulse tour is DSOTM in it's entirety. That's the one sitting in the 5 disc changer of my wife's vehicle. Her 5 disk CD player consists of Pulse (2 disks), Animals, Wish You Were Here, and in slot 5, some boring talentless crap that she listens to. And I don't even drive the thing that much.
I have 4 copies of DSoTM. I have the original 1973 release. The 20th anniversary edition released in 1993, the 30th anniversary edition released in 2003 and the 2nd disc of Pulse, which Rodgers pointed out is DSoTM in it's entirety.

In my 5 CD changed in my bedroom, I am sporting a special 5.1 edition of Wish You Were Here, DSoTM, The Wall (Both Discs) and The Final Cut. In my car, I have DSoTM.

Obsessed much. Atleast I have a friend in Rodgers
Quote from rc10racer :Vengaboys :shhh:.

Boom, Boom, Boom lol.

Queen is the only rock band I will listen to. I cant stand Rock, but I will listen to Queen.
#45 - JJ72
the problem with Queen is it's so 80's, which means you can get into it for a month and then realise you have enough of it, it start sounding gay and you stay away from them for a couple of years.....and listen to something else.......then something odd happens and you start listening to them again.

coming from a guy who almost own all their DVDs.
Where is Guns 'n Roses?
Even worse, WHERE'S METALICCA???
Quote from Senninha25 :Even worse, WHERE'S METALICCA???

Metallica, not metalicca

I want them in list too.
Where's The Who?

Best Group of all time...?
(63 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG