The online racing simulator
New useless app made by me...
(98 posts, started )
UPDATE - 05/31/2009

- Code redone completely. I'ts cleaner now and the variables are much more organized.
- Track is just plain tarmac at the moment. For now im focusing on making this work.
- Only XRT for now. Sirocco to be included =D (IF everything works fine with XRT, i'll include the other cars)

Physics:
- Engine simulation is rubbish but does the work alot better than i expected (maybe its not rubbish at all
- My algorithm is capable of simulating different torque curves (like higher torque on higher RPM for competition cars and etc.)
- slipping is VERY rubbish for now. the car pivot is exactly on the center of gravity for now.
- I bet no more speeding into oblivion bug.

Weird stuff:
- While turning hard, the car begins to slide. if it slides too much it can lead to an unstable behaviour.
- Shifting from 5th to 1st may lead to weird torque behaviour, but nothing game breaking.

if you find any bugs/have any suggestion about ANYTHING, leave your comment =D

By The Way This Is A Test. Don't Expect Much, but it's fun.

PS: im keeping the old file here also.
Attached files
Debug.rar - 1.2 MB - 277 views
Vehicle Sim.zip - 593 KB - 145 views
haha that was fun :P it reminds me of this 2d top down car racing game i played once i forgot its name anyone figure it out?
Quote from mutt107 :haha that was fun :P it reminds me of this 2d top down car racing game i played once i forgot its name anyone figure it out?

Gene Rally perhaps??
Tried it for like 2 minutes, got bored. The rest is history!
heh i have over 250mb of generally files on my drive ...
Update: im just making a HUD like stuff like speedometer and others... but suddenly Dev-cpp gave me an error wich is... bad. on the forum they told me to get MSVC++2008... thats what im doing.
ah. infinite acceleration ftw.

If it doesn't compile with dev-c++, it won't magically compile with vs2008. Unless you need MFC classes, but then I would suggest finding an alternative to what you need instead.
The log is showing an error message that relates to missing directories wich i checked and theyre allright... that error 1 god damnit
Quote from kingfag :ah. infinite acceleration ftw.

Indeed! I kept going in circles until there I could only see two cars flickering. Didn't take too long, and it looked pretty damn psychedelic.
#9 - sam93
It is also like snake what you used to get on the old nokias, when you could go through one side and come out the other side.
Good physics, it has a little higher corneringspeed then XRT
Its good... although the car could use a higher brake strength.

Hmmmmm... the infinite acceleration reminds me of.... Big Rigs O_o No offense intended by the way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mB1zWEhgrLs (00:18 - 00:34)
Wow, i just maked a track mod for it!

Car mod coming!
Attached files
carpark.rar - 827.9 KB - 153 views
MRO with even more understeering id say.
Anyway, if the physics are from you, great start!
Thats the easiest moddable game ever seen xD.
Quote from Luke.S :New track and new car

sorry for offtopic but ur sig quote is the win
lol the car was damned fast
UPDATED useless app, first post.
lol for the mod =P
well i think now ill start to implement some morec coherent physics.
maybe create a bigger screen for the car to run.
later on ill be making bounding boxes, but i think thats kinda lame for diagonal shapes...
Just hacked it

Memory addresses:
Angle: 00406014
X pos.: 00404000
Y pos.: 00404004

I am stuck at speed, when i change it, game crashes...
Anyone l337h4xx0r, help me, please?!
OMG HACKER! =P
nice one, but i don't think hacking this will make you win races xD
im thinking about increasing the area size but i need some good resolution bitmaps of the carpark of blackwood. i could get myseld by playig the game but this computer is 800mhz with onboard video so it sucks very.
Quote from Calvinaquino :i need some good resolution bitmaps of the carpark of blackwood.

Ask someone with 1920x1200 monitor?
Sick. Will do.
i did 300 km/h

(98 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG