The online racing simulator
sector timing options
(9 posts, started )
sector timing options
not a bug, a request.

so i am hot lapping in my demo license xfg (Love that car) trying to break into 1:44's (which i did... YAY!!) and i am writing down my seperate times for splits to see which sectors are improving with each setup tweak or technique change. each sector gets its own time.
31.5+28.7+39.7 = laptime

But when i am racing, and i look at splits to see where i am lagging, each sector time is added onto last, and i am not able to do such mathematics in my head whilst racing!!!
0:31.53, 1:06.33, 1:44.35

i have grown accustomed to the progrssive timing, but now hotlapping split times mean nothing to me!!

Please gives us an option here to change sector timing modes from singular and progressive (my very own jargon!)

chrs dan
I've wanted to be able to display hotlap-like splits during racing for ages. Still don't have it.
wait... do you mean 1:34? because your losing 10 seconds after the 2nd split if you dont
+1 definately.
Yeah, the timing display options do need a complete overhaul. you should be able to get a +/- readout from your best lap during races/quali at each split, like every other sim ever.
I donno about every other sim ever, but it would be nice to have a more technical timing system.

Man with all these improvments people want peopel will need a dual core just to be able to run the game =P hehe JK
#7 - Jakg
Quote from evilghandi :not a bug, a request.

so i am hot lapping in my demo license xfg (Love that car) trying to break into 1:44's (which i did... YAY!!) and i am writing down my seperate times for splits to see which sectors are improving with each setup tweak or technique change. each sector gets its own time.
31.5+28.7+39.7 = laptime

But when i am racing, and i look at splits to see where i am lagging, each sector time is added onto last, and i am not able to do such mathematics in my head whilst racing!!!
0:31.53, 1:06.33, 1:44.35

i have grown accustomed to the progrssive timing, but now hotlapping split times mean nothing to me!!

Please gives us an option here to change sector timing modes from singular and progressive (my very own jargon!)

chrs dan

wth happened to your lst sector?you should be getting a 1:34!
If you run the ghostcar mod by Kegetys you get the splits with difference to your pb. I'm not sure if you can use it without seeing the ghostcar (if you don't like to see it, that is...).
Quote from Frankmd :If you run the ghostcar mod by Kegetys you get the splits with difference to your pb. I'm not sure if you can use it without seeing the ghostcar (if you don't like to see it, that is...).

You can use without seeing the ghostcar. The readme says this:

[HTML]
/ghost on - Enable ghostcar recording & playback
/ghost drawcar - Toggle ghost car drawing
/ghost drawpath - Toggle ghostcar path drawing
[/HTML]

sector timing options
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG