The online racing simulator
I'm having the same probs as Mr. Drift. Add me to the list of people waiting for Vimeo.

Sounds pretty nasty. Glad everyone was okay, and I'm sure it was a racing incident!
I'll try and get it uploading tonight. If I leave my work PC on it should be done by about midnight...

Edit: Don't hold your breath - converting to a file for Vimeo will take about an hour (for some reason, but I don't think having several complex CAD designs open is helping), by which time I'll have gone home. So you might have to wait until tomorrow! Sorry.

You know, it won't be worth the wait. You'll be disappointed after waiting for it
oh Tristi, bad one. Still, glad it was the other guy who rolled.

That PM sent was in response to the blue flags? Now that really does have me curious !

I know how frustrating it can be to be stuck behind a backmarker with no blue flags, and indeed, how painful it is to trip over those "at the back of the grid".

It sounds like you where having a much more exciting race this time, battling for position rather than running lonely races. Shame it had to end.

I bet the adrenaline was flowing for days
Use VLC media player
Quote from S14 DRIFT :/me gives up

Theres a thread I made, Deggis posted a codecfile to play .avi extentions.
Quote from Becky Rose :oh Tristi, bad one. Still, glad it was the other guy who rolled.

That PM sent was in response to the blue flags? Now that really does have me curious !

I know how frustrating it can be to be stuck behind a backmarker with no blue flags, and indeed, how painful it is to trip over those "at the back of the grid".

It sounds like you where having a much more exciting race this time, battling for position rather than running lonely races. Shame it had to end.

I bet the adrenaline was flowing for days

No the PM was about photos.

There were blue flags, but seeing who they relate to in your mirrors as you're being lapped isn't always quite as simple as it looks on TV! But I've only been lapped once, and I didn't even see him coming!!!
Was wondering if you can actually see anything in those mirrors?

EDIT: WOW! That was a smart move...
That was a very entertaining race to watch, thrills spills and automobiles - all it needed was Milla Jovovich holding an MP5 and i'd have been in heaven.
Ouch. Seemed pretty nasty, although the camera does not pick up all of the crash. The guy that rolled was at fault there - he turned in rather carelessly - but I would class it as a racing incedent. Glad everyone was okay!

Good race before that, though! Nice driving!
Quote from Timdpr :Ouch. Seemed pretty nasty, although the camera does not pick up all of the crash. The guy that rolled was at fault there - he turned in rather carelessly - but I would class it as a racing incedent. Glad everyone was okay!

Good race before that, though! Nice driving!

The white car slid into Tristan, it was a racing incident. You can see clearly the white car had oversteer and darted to the right hand side after pulling out to overtake.
Quote from BlueFlame :The white car slid into Tristan, it was a racing incident. You can see clearly the white car had oversteer and darted to the right hand side after pulling out to overtake.

Watching it again, you're right. (I only watched it once, and posted my thoughts about 5 mins after!) Definately racing incedent.
that was a silly move from miles away into a gap that was always going to disappear!
Thanks for making the effort to get the vid put up.

Looked like a lot of fun, those marshalls seriously overdid the cement dust at the Esses though, looks like a whole oil tanker went through there.

In Monoposto, do the cars have to be completely standard original spec, or can they be modified? (Does this depend on what 'class' you're in?).
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :that was a silly move from miles away into a gap that was always going to disappear!

Well, when you see blue flags and both cars appear to give you space to go on the inside whilst chasing someone for position you go for those gaps. But thanks for your input Will.

Quote from 5haz :Thanks for making the effort to get the vid put up.

Looked like a lot of fun, those marshalls seriously overdid the cement dust at the Esses though, looks like a whole oil tanker went through there.

In Monoposto, do the cars have to be completely standard original spec, or can they be modified? (Does this depend on what 'class' you're in?).

Pretty much every session had cement dust down, albeit in different places. The most interesting was on the entry to the Bombhole in the Sunday race.

It varies as to the spec, but it's quite free really. You can read the current regs yourself (though bear in mind the MSA Blue Book regulations also apply, so these aren't the only regs). Next year there are several regulation changes lined up for several classes, including allowing fuel injection in the modern 2l class (but not the classic 2l class).
Quote from tristancliffe :Well, when you see blue flags and both cars appear to give you space to go on the inside whilst chasing someone for position you go for those gaps. But thanks for your input Will.

There's clearly lots of space and it doesn't appear like the white car is interested in trying to take the inside and I'm pretty certain that he is aware of Tristan's presence and this is the reason why he leaves a big gap. He then suddenly veers right either because he has decided to try and overtake the car (without thinking about where Tristan has gone) or possibly he misjudged relative speeds and has decided that he would be unable to avoid hitting the other car and just hopped he'd get away with it (I think there was an element of this). It is a pretty typical single seater accident though, drivers often don't seem aware of their surroundings and throw caution to the wind and turn in on the grounds that anything in their way will have to scatter. Equally it is a typical single seater accident in getting a big crash with only the tiniest bit of wheel to wheel contact, I heard that someone I know escaped with minor injuries from another huge accident caused by wheel to wheel contact sending the car into a violent roll.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :that was a silly move from miles away into a gap that was always going to disappear!

it doesnt seem you know much about racing do you? just another spoiled kid. there was plenty of room for overtaking and they had the bleu flag, only the white formula ford and the bleu FFformula car almost hit eachother so the white on react by pulling inside and oversteers into tristan.

@tristan, pretty good racing there! i hope the next season with the new car will be just as good!
Quote from ajp71 :There's clearly lots of space and it doesn't appear like the white car is interested in trying to take the inside and I'm pretty certain that he is aware of Tristan's presence and this is the reason why he leaves a big gap. He then suddenly veers right either because he has decided to try and overtake the car (without thinking about where Tristan has gone) or possibly he misjudged relative speeds and has decided that he would be unable to avoid hitting the other car and just hopped he'd get away with it (I think there was an element of this). It is a pretty typical single seater accident though, drivers often don't seem aware of their surroundings and throw caution to the wind and turn in on the grounds that anything in their way will have to scatter. Equally it is a typical single seater accident in getting a big crash with only the tiniest bit of wheel to wheel contact, I heard that someone I know escaped with minor injuries from another huge accident caused by wheel to wheel contact sending the car into a violent roll.

The white car lost control when trying to overtake the blue car, it's plain to see that's why he pushed up to Tristans left side
Quote from tristancliffe :Well, when you see blue flags and both cars appear to give you space to go on the inside whilst chasing someone for position you go for those gaps. But thanks for your input Will.

good point tristan, i didnt realise it was blue flags. i stand corrected sir!

Henrico, whoever u are, i am not a spoilt kid haha, very VERY far from it!
about the accident:

That looks like a nasty roll there, but i'm glad to hear that the other driver was not hurt. I see you absolving yourself of all responsibility for it in the thread & but I dont 100% agree.

I understand these are single seaters & accidents do happen but you are approaching a fast corner with two cars in front. In most situations 3 into 1 does not go I know I wouldn't do it in LFS (not in the fox anyway).
You weren't to know that he was going pull over like that but you were the one who put yourself in that position in the first place.

So to say is was completely the fault of the other driver would be unfair tbh.

just my 2cents
I'm not saying it's the fault of the other driver. There was no one single person to blame. Had any one of the three of us not been there the accident wouldn't have happened, but that doesn't mean any of us are to blame.

I was there, and did my best to avoid an accident given the circumstances I found developing.
Rupert (the white car) was there, and did his best to avoid an accident given the circumstances he found developing. His alternative was to hit Nick (the blue car), but human self preservation instincts kick in.
Nick was there, and did his best to avoid an accident given the circumstances he found developing.

A combination of circumstances (Nick: understeer, Rupert: car in front understeering and slowing excessively, Me: Car ahead changing line mid corner) led to the accident, but that is not to partition blame to any one individual.

3-1 does go if two are being lapped and have apparently stayed to the left to let me through.
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :good point tristan, i didnt realise it was blue flags. i stand corrected sir!

Henrico, whoever u are, i am not a spoilt kid haha, very VERY far from it!

okey then

Cliffe crashes out of the lead
(324 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG