The online racing simulator
Countryside Street circuit?
(62 posts, started )
+1million for a country road, as it's something that all games seem to lack, yet offers some of the greatest experiences

That UKRally track is in RD3? Cool, I got that game a couple of days go.
+100000000000000000000000000. This would make LFS the best game Sim ever!
Also we need a nice and Beefy rally car!
+1111111111111111111111111111!!!! love to drive on a tricy like tarmac rally stage like a donegal rally
Puh-lease, we don't need another 50-50 tarmac-dirt track. It's an awful concept and we already have too much of it in the game.

I agree, however, that some kind of narrow country-side track would be a good thing, and I'm sure there are plenty of those all over the world to take ideas from. Really, I like SO, but after a while, the walls get annoying. For instance, the chicane in SO would be a much better corner if you actually saw where you were going. A blind corner-chicane? That's not only a lack of realism, it's just insanity if you're not on a league race.

I actually wonder what SO would look like if you just took the same circuit and put it in the middle of a field or something.
Quote from boosterfire :Puh-lease, we don't need another 50-50 tarmac-dirt track. It's an awful concept and we already have too much of it in the game.

I agree, however, that some kind of narrow country-side track would be a good thing, and I'm sure there are plenty of those all over the world to take ideas from. Really, I like SO, but after a while, the walls get annoying. For instance, the chicane in SO would be a much better corner if you actually saw where you were going. A blind corner-chicane? That's not only a lack of realism, it's just insanity if you're not on a league race.

I actually wonder what SO would look like if you just took the same circuit and put it in the middle of a field or something.

That's half the fun... I'll be honest I know exactly where the track goes that it's probbably only 5% that I ever faq it up, I'm sure many others are the same. It's a challenge, and it also makes it more exciting in a race environment. If you smash into the wall coming out then I suggest you try taking it differently o_O;;; Many a fun and good overtaking move are executed there...
Quote from Crashgate3 :http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yA12GYff020[/IMG]

A country road track with a few configurations like that would be really very fun with LFS' physics. Even if only for hotlapping. There could even be a very long track configuration with insim scripting to roll players one at a time like in autocross and rally events. The track environment could have a hillclimb configuration, too.
what is it with u people and hill climbing ???
Hi

Nice idea!

The nearest thing on LFS is the return road from the drag strip

Jon
Quote from S14 DRIFT :That's half the fun... I'll be honest I know exactly where the track goes that it's probbably only 5% that I ever faq it up, I'm sure many others are the same. It's a challenge, and it also makes it more exciting in a race environment. If you smash into the wall coming out then I suggest you try taking it differently o_O;;; Many a fun and good overtaking move are executed there...

Yes, I agree that after a while you personally have little chance to fook it up if you're a reasonably good driver; however, if someone else has crashed in the second part of the chicane and that you enter it at normal speed, it's 99% guaranteed crash. And it can get a lot worse if it's in the first laps of a race where everyone is all bunched up. Crashes at the chicane in beginnings of races are a common reason to restart races on classic and chicane route.

I like the chicane if every thing is going fine and there's a clean race, but I find myself raging on it a lot when there's an accident because I know it's the corner itself that most likely caused the crash, or at least made it worse by being a blind corner.

Besides, the chances that such a corner would be track-legal IRL are next to nil.
That's the beauty of virtual circuits though. We can drive fun and challenging corners without having to worry about whether or not an ambulance can get there.
Quote from LFSn00b :FZ5 + Tweak = Group B fun

u have a rally group B tweak set 4 FZR ? if so can i try it plz
More tracks , more fun ! Especially with those

+2^256

Countryside Street circuit?
(62 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG