The online racing simulator
GTRs new balancing in patch z
(40 posts, started )
ok this is the first thread to gather your experiences with the new balancing for the GTRs.

what do you think, are they now closer together depending on which track and so on and so forth...

how about tire wear and fuel now, any changes... just put here all infos you can think off about this topic.

cheers
XRR seems to be same for me, but FZR is alot easier to drive now, no more to say.
Quote from Kristjan.J :XRR seems to be same for me, but FZR is alot easier to drive now, no more to say.

It's sort of confusing because the physics is different aswell! I do like the way of the cars handle and I do find the FZR easier to drive but not really looked at the Fuel and tyre wear - I MUST try that . I love the new interiors - Hence the XR's steering wheel etc - Just looks like its missing a badge to be honest!

Matty

Btw Kristjan I like your Avatar
the XRR seems to me a bit faster.....
The xrr seemed more stable and it was easier to correct oversteer that would have resulted in a spinout in patch Y
I also like the XRR better now I have not really given the other cars a good drive yet But from the sound of things they will be better also.
Ater a quick AS3 test last night I found the FZR to have 1-2 mph increase in top speed, more cornering grip and more stable in corners.
As regards to UFR and XFR. The UFR is much more lively than the XFR, and harder to drive. The XFR seems so stable now, it doesn't jump around the place and you have the sequential gearbox whitch makes for smooth gear changes.

Overall, i think the UFR is a tad quicker, and maybe for the more experienced racers.
-
(BAMBO) DELETED by BAMBO
any news on this topic?
Doubt it or it wouldn't have needed that bump.
Ehhh, I think the data is inconclusive, even though it suggests a slight preference of the FXR over the XRR
FZR is no doubt quicker in general. A lot of XRR teams have reported issues with increased tire wear since the CoG was lowered, which seems to have taken away one of the car's traditional advantages over the FZR.

FZR also has fewer issues with curbing and doesn't get stuck in the sand, which explains some of the preference for it in MoE.
Hello,
I think we have to make a difference between, the best car and the car that has the most potential. In MOE, the drivers drive with nearly 100% of the potential of the car and the FZR is the one that has the best one BUT that only happens with elitist leagues...
The XRR has lesss potential but his potential is easyer to use than the FZR (that car is the only GTR to burn CT too) and the FXR has less potential than the XRR (well... even that isn't really true since the FXR is better in AS7 and SO4) but is really easyer and have a big tyre problem (the front wheels burn!!!)
Now the FWD GTRs: The UFR is clearly better in nearly (all?) all tracks and burns less tyres than XFR. The only little advantages for XFR is that it has a sequential gearbox (and I agree with this, having the choice between H gearbox and sequential gearbox is really cool) and that it is a bit more stable.
But some people continue to use XFR since it'd funnier for them than the UFR that is more like a pot of yoghurt...
I'll show some examples with a French Endurance league I'm admining that has 3 categories: GT500-GT350-GTlight
Quote from Sir moi 407 :
The XRR has lesss potential but his potential is easyer to use than the FZR (that car is the only GTR to burn CT too)

Oh my. I strongly disagree with you here. These cars are purpose built race cars. (well, FZR has its wooden decor...) Anyway, I guess it's essential for a race driver to be able to shift properly in any car.

I find XRR the difficult one, mostly because of the turbo lag. All the mistakes are more costly than in FZR. By missing an apex you're easily off the power band and in troubles with the FZRs flying by
Quote from Profi :Oh my. I strongly disagree with you here. These cars are purpose built race cars. (well, FZR has its wooden decor...) Anyway, I guess it's essential for a race driver to be able to shift properly in any car.

I find XRR the difficult one, mostly because of the turbo lag. All the mistakes are more costly than in FZR. By missing an apex you're easily off the power band and in troubles with the FZRs flying by

Agree 100% with this.

XRR is simply the most difficult GTR to drive.
Yea you both tell that because you are experienced drivers but give a XRR and a FZR to a less experienced driver and you'll see that he will drive better the XRR than the FZR...
UFR and XFR

ufr is faster cornering and will roll if you hit a curb too much but xfr has higher top speed and is more stable when hitting bumps. In a race both cars are very even and I have found it to be really good fun racing. I think the ufr is probaly harder as you need to get the corners right all the time but the xfr you can make more mistakes and use your straight line speed to make up time. I think the ufr is more prone to chewing its tires if you just floor it all the time than the xfr? Ufr is quite funny because on a track like south city with all the bumps you do get bounced around a lot. But I like the ufr the most as it's basically a mini 7 and the mini is my fave car of all time.

I find the fzr definatley a tough car to handel when I first started. Still do a bit. You have to be smooth with it on steering and throttle as it can slide quite easily and oversteer out of corners and is not so easy to catch an fzr slide but if you drive it well I think it's faster than the xrr. fzr does seem to eat its tires on some setups. Xrr is ok. I've driven it once, never raced and it's alright. I like its dash though, feels more like a race car on the in car mode than fzr and it is overall an easier car to drive turbo lag asside. But I think it has a tough time vs the fzr and fxr if these players are good at least from what i've seen in races. But even a bad player can go fast in the fxr.
any new information on that?
i am interested in tire wear... are there any figures something like: "FZR burns tires 30% faster then FXR"???
Quote from Fischfix :i am interested in tire wear... are there any figures something like: "FZR burns tires 30% faster then FXR"???

Or maybe the opposite... . But seriously I don't know as I only drive the FZR.
ok so how long can you go with the tires in fzr. on a track like Aston Club
the balancing of small gtrs is ok i think, the times are track depended very close to each other.

the big ones are good on a distance more than 3 hours.... but for short races the fzr is totally imba. followed by xrr, which is much slower than fzr but much faster than fxr...

the fxr needs a bit more engine performance
the xrr should stay as it is (as a base)
the fzr should be slower and the fuel consumption has to be lower

look here for the "balancing" in qualyfying:
http://www.racing-minds.net/16hpage/?page=qualresult
Quote from Trekkerfahrer :the balancing of small gtrs is ok i think, the times are track depended very close to each other.

the big ones are good on a distance more than 3 hours.... but for short races the fzr is totally imba. followed by xrr, which is much slower than fzr but much faster than fxr...

the fxr needs a bit more engine performance
the xrr should stay as it is (as a base)
the fzr should be slower and the fuel consumption has to be lower

look here for the "balancing" in qualyfying:
http://www.racing-minds.net/16hpage/?page=qualresult

+1 but i don't think FXR will be much better with just better engine.

(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG