The online racing simulator
#1 - AlexC
Where are all the good, none noob servers?
Hey,

I'm looking for some good racing community/servers to join, to escape from the ever increasing noobness of the common LFS servers. It's getting to a stupid level now, hardly any one uses their mirrors, has special awareness or has any idea of how to drive.

Pretty much guaranteed that when I play online, I will get hit off track because of a noob (no, not a newb, there is a difference) having no idea how to race or act to what is around him/her/it.

Sure, people have to learn and there will be accidents in racing, and I'm not saying I'm the best driver out there, far from it. But the people that race on there are like kamazazi drivers, then when someting happens it's just a pissing war of 'wtf, idiot, f*****' and other comments that do nothing.

When a server gets to around 14 users connected, it just becomes a big magnet for little kids that spoil everything. Are there any proper community/servers to join that have strict rules and enforce them, making sure there is no stupid behaviour on them? I just want a race with people that know what they are doing, please!

Regards,
also, when driving public, apply the most important road driving rule: think of everyone on the track as a complete idiot who won't do what he's supposed to do and drive accordingly.

Might slow you down in the first few laps until the field has spread, but as the bad drivers usually knock themselves out if the race has a reasonable length, you'll still end up on top of the grid.
#4 - MR_B
Servers that don't allow midrace join and car resetting helps keep them out.
Generally, if it's not a same old, same old car/track combination, you'll have a higher chance of finding clean racing.

If you're into league racing then leagues that follow and enforce(key bit) CRC rules are advised.
#5 - robt
wants safe, non contact driving eh?

AlexC
S2 licensed

Online at: Jump'n'Stunt

Well, if you want genuine fun and fair racing I can recommend Dead Men Racing. I only gave them a try about a month ago so I'm pretty new there myself, but it really is a great place. All of the DMR guys are nice chaps, and it just kind of spreads out to anyone else who's on the server. There's no stress on pace, just on having fun. As a result the racing is always clean and fair.

Plus, they have a nice concept of changing car/track combo's: every week they have one specific combo, which you can practise during the week in short races. On Thursday evenings there's a 1hr race with quali before. After that, the combo changes. So you won't get the "same old, same old" combos that Mr B mentioned. This week it's LX6 at BL1 (with an extra chicane to make things... well... interesting). Last week it was FO8 at some SO track and the week before it was the XRR at some FE layout.

They have Forced Cockpit View on, though, so if you use a different view than that it might take some getting used to.
Quote from obsolum : ...All of the DMR guys are nice chaps...

I'm not, I'm a mean S.O.B!

Quote :As a result the racing is always clean and fair.

Thanks for the plug mate. Oh, and join us on Ventrilo as well
#9 - AMB
Quote from SabersKunk :http://www.raceauthority.com/

CTRA

Pfft stopped racing there a long time ago, around the time most demo players got S2 (For XRT) and decided to race on CTRA and tbh I can't even finish a race on CTRA due to the fact of someone either dives into me or stopped on the track or generally driving like they are still playing demo.
Quote from zeugnimod :They have forced cockpit veiw on though! :weeping:

Real men race in car!!!!! How else can you get "Road Head?"
Quote from AMB :Pfft stopped racing there a long time ago, around the time most demo players got S2 (For XRT) and decided to race on CTRA and tbh I can't even finish a race on CTRA due to the fact of someone either dives into me or stopped on the track or generally driving like they are still playing demo.

That's the problem with Race 1, it's the entry level server so obviously you're gonna get a lot more "noobs" there than on the higher licensed servers. It also depends on which time of day you join there, though. During the day (ie. when most kids are in school etc.) there's some really good racing to be had on Race 1. But in the evenings it's a whole different story. Getting through T1 with 26 cars really is a gamble then
#12 - AMB
When I first joined the CTRA servers it was amazing, close, clean and exciting but now I don't even go on them for the reasons stated earlier, One idea I have is to report every driver who hits me off, although that would take nearly all day with the way some of them drive.
Quote from obsolum :That's the problem with Race 1, it's the entry level server so obviously you're gonna get a lot more "noobs" there than on the higher licensed servers. It also depends on which time of day you join there, though. During the day (ie. when most kids are in school etc.) there's some really good racing to be had on Race 1. But in the evenings it's a whole different story. Getting through T1 with 26 cars really is a gamble then

Tbh I never really have a problem, and I'm on Race1 for many hours a day.

If you start in the midfield or at the back, take it easy for the first lap.

Normally I start in P1 or P2 so it's never really a problem for me ;x
Quote from AMB :Pfft stopped racing there a long time ago, around the time most demo players got S2 (For XRT) and decided to race on CTRA and tbh I can't even finish a race on CTRA due to the fact of someone either dives into me or stopped on the track or generally driving like they are still playing demo.

I put my head down and got through race1 as quick as humanly possible. I'm now on race3 and the driving standard is simply awesome.
Quote from zeugnimod ::weeping:

Zeug, don't tell me that you use chase view? I'm guessing a custom view in the car?

Quote from S14 DRIFT :Tbh I never really have a problem, and I'm on Race1 for many hours a day.

If you start in the midfield or at the back, take it easy for the first lap.

Normally I start in P1 or P2 so it's never really a problem for me ;x

Hehe well that's the thing. If you start from one of the front rows you can usually pull away without too much trouble. Starting at the back is alright, you just hang back and watch the over confident guys take themselves and each other out, while you just move up in the field Starting midfield is a nightmare, though. I do always take it easy in the first lap, the problem is all the guys behind me don't and just plunge right into me more often than not.
Quote from obsolum :Zeug, don't tell me that you use chase view?

Shock horror to all of the 1 zeug fans!
Quote from obsolum :Zeug, don't tell me that you use chase view?

I have used it for more than 3 and a half years now and will continue using it until the devs decide to remove it.

The space between two of those words there is too big, Astra.
Quote from Toddshooter :Real men race in car!!!!! How else can you get "Road Head?"

He still can control RC car from a heli.
#19 - robt
Quote from zeugnimod :I have used it for more than 3 and a half years now and will continue using it until the devs decide to remove it.

The space between two of those words there is too big, Astra.

Least theres two of us in the chase view club!
Though i dont mind using cockpit view on DMR, usualy plug the wheel in to do that. (Yep thats right, Keys and chase view!.......still beat half of ya in races :razz
Quote from SabersKunk :http://www.raceauthority.com/

CTRA

I think you lost yours mind , come on!!! yes year or two before this servers rocks ,now if you make one lap and dont get knock out of track you good,As
AlexC says all good servers gone LFS its take by KIDS !!! so im out of it ,
Got my server on rFactor with bunch of fast,clean drivers and hell lots of good time .

AlexC yes its sad but well what we can do ?,For me LFS is Death .
#21 - AMB
Quote from marek100 :I think you lost yours mind , come on!!! yes year or two before this servers rocks ,now if you make one lap and dont get knock out of track you good,As
Got my server on rFactor with bunch of fast,clean drivers and hell lots of good time .

Your spelling and grammar skills are very bad for someone who lives in the UK.

and yes I agree with you, CTRA is dead, not LFS.
Quote from AMB :and yes I agree with you, CTRA is dead, not LFS.

Just because you don't like CTRA doesn't mean it's dead They are still one of the most popular servers
Also, there's the Baby BFR server, which is less populated and thus has less crashing going on.
Quote from AMB :Your spelling and grammar skills are very bad for someone who lives in the UK.

and yes I agree with you, CTRA is dead, not LFS.

Dear AMB I live in UK. but unfortunately English is not my first language.
Sorry for bad grammar skills ,next time will use the freaking oxford "dictionary" to make you happy.
Have a good day Mr.
Quote from marek100 :I think you lost yours mind , come on!!! yes year or two before this servers rocks ,now if you make one lap and dont get knock out of track you good,As

Try progressing past the entry level server.

As I stated after years of playing LFS nearly everyday I have never found online racecraft as good as it is on race3, and before you denounce me as having lost my mind why don't you come along and try it?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG