The online racing simulator
Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
Anyone who upgrades to a flashy stereo with one of those digital displays and upgrades the sound system in their car is a chav.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Anyone who upgrades to a flashy stereo with one of those digital displays and upgrades the sound system in their car is a chav.

Jealous your bike doesn't have a radio?

j/k
Quote from ajp71 :Yes and yes (case study)

I see where you come from on cases of that van. Even I think thats pathetic. The only reason I put a sub in my car is because the standard speakers are well........crap. See, I havnt got my sub for bass. I have it as another speaker. My astra doesnt look 'chavy' it looks smart. Much like a higher spec version etc etc. So be carefull judging a book by its cover...
Quote from pb32000 :Jealous your bike doesn't have a radio?

j/k

LOL.

Kinda tbh, some sort of music would be nice. Often you concentrate so much on reading the road and on your riding that time seems to 'stand still'. It's hard to explain unless you've experienced it yourself.

On boring, longer rides I'd consider trying to wire up my earpieces to my phone so I can listen to "mupthree" but as yet I haven't been bothered.
Quote from mcgas001 :See, I havnt got my sub for bass. I have it as another speaker.

Eh... what? How do you use the Seafarers' Union of Burma as a speaker?

Anyway, of course you have your subwoofer for bass. That's what the point of a subwoofer is. If it wasn't for bass then it would be called a midwoofer. There's nothing wrong with having bass... As long as it is properly adjusted and not over-gained in comparison to the rest of the frequency range.
Oh, well since you've started that........

Quote :Sub- is a prefix derived from Latin, meaning "under", "below", or "less than". The analogous Greek prefix is "hypo-". Antonym: supra.

As a word, sub may be an abbreviation for:

Submarine
Submarine sandwich
Subroutine
Subscriber
Substitute, especially a substitute teacher
Subtitle, especially in connection with anime films, and as opposed to dub
.sub, an extension used by several file formats for displaying subtitles in many video playback programs
Submissive (BDSM)
Subwoofer
subscript, <sub></sub> is the HTML element used to format text as subscript.
subeditor
subcontractor
Sub, a Finnish television channel formerly known as Subtv
the substitute character in the C0 control code set
The acronym SUB may refer to:

the Seafarers' Union of Burma
the ticker symbol for Summit Bancorp of New Jersey on the New York Stock Exchange
the IATA airport code for Juanda International Airport in Surabaya, Indonesia

Quote from Zachary Zoomy :could be a service/diagnostic tool output.

Ga, I thought someone said it was a pair of wires that no one knew what they were for. I now see that they are RCA connectors.
So S14.. which adjective on that list describes you?
Quote from ajp71 :Yes.

Ok then, strange as that has a good audio system in it, the van looks better in person. But, I cant be bothered with argueing.
Dude Headunits are easy to fit buy a cd player if them leads at the back of the unit its got don't work on the AUX channel

Me was thinking it might have being audio out leads

but here this is what you would need

as searching for links i found a gold mine

sorry if its a repost but

From what i can see most people fix that gap with a single din LCD And a lancer turbo engine fits in them lol

FOOKING CLICK ME

AND ME

Random question - Fuel - what should I use? Should I steer clear of Tesco's etc and use the nearby Shell? Should I use "optimax" etc petrol or not bother?
Use anything really. You won't get much benefit from high quality fuel. However, do try Optimax (or BP Ultimate, or even Tesco99) for a bit, because you might find that your cost/mile goes DOWN as you get more miles to a tankful. In which case only a numpty would use supermarket 'fuel'.
Quote from tristancliffe :Use anything really. You won't get much benefit from high quality fuel. However, do try Optimax (or BP Ultimate, or even Tesco99) for a bit, because you might find that your cost/mile goes DOWN as you get more miles to a tankful. In which case only a numpty would use supermarket 'fuel'.

I doubt his shitbucket for a car would even notice, and it may be too advanced for it and actually reduce power and could result in Detonation or whatever it was.

Besides, some supermarkets around here (Morrisons, for one) has fuel at 99.9 for unleaded, while super still makes it as high as 110.9
Too advanced for it? Reduce power? Cause detonation? What on earth are you talking about!

Yes, 'normal' unleaded is cheaper per volume, but in my car (1.6) I save money by using decent fuel and getting more miles to a tankful. It would cost me MORE to use CHEAPER fuel.
Quote from sam93 :Ok then, strange as that has a good audio system in it, the van looks better in person. But, I cant be bothered with argueing.

My point exactly, take a £5 car, in goes the 'good' audio system on goes the stupid bodykit and you've turned a perfectly good work horse into a completely useless chav mobile.

Quote from Jakg :Random question - Fuel - what should I use? Should I steer clear of Tesco's etc and use the nearby Shell? Should I use "optimax" etc petrol or not bother?

It makes no difference, low octane pump fuels all come from pretty much the same source anyway and are all just enough to meet the required standards paying a premium to buy the same dishwater is madness.

Quote from S14 DRIFT :I doubt his shitbucket for a car would even notice, and it may be too advanced for it and actually reduce power and could result in Detonation or whatever it was.

I think you might just be bullshitting about stuff you don't understand, again...

Octane rating is effectively a measure of an engines resistance to detonation. If a car is detonating the simplest solution is to put better fuel in it.
or retard the timing and a car shouldnt be detonating if its a NA :P
That's pinking, AJP. Pinking.
Quote from Google (Knows everything) :A distinctive noise from an engine with over-advanced ignition or inferior fuel

I know what I meant, and it's kind of hard to explain so that people of your 'obvious' knowledge know what I mean.

Basically the only cars that benefit from using 98+ octane fuel are faster, more powerful cars, normally with outputs over 150bhp from standard. This goes from the least powerful Lotus Elise to the most powerful Bimmer, via Evo's and Scoobs. Smaller cars may benefit from a very slight performance gain, with a chance of slightly improving it's fuel efficiency, but for MPG per £, it's most definatly not worth it.

No need for the attitude either o_O;;
Quote from ajp71 :My point exactly, take a £5 car, in goes the 'good' audio system on goes the stupid bodykit and you've turned a perfectly good work horse into a completely useless chav mobile.

It isn't useless though. You dont have to put anything in it when you work at a non ferris scrapyard, what would you have to put in the back of it, nothing. It isn't useless at all. Also, because it's a van it should be used for work only, it doesn't. I know you dont like modified cars, so why keep on?
This van linked to below is just made for audio, before anyone starts saying he is a chav he also has a mk2 Golf with something stupid like 500bhp track car, so he is into speed aswell. The van is bloody loud though and the quality is brilliant, normally wins at the audio competitions at car shows. Apart from the audio the van is completely standard apart from a set of white alloys.
http://www.street-stylers-sout ... n_show_29-07-2007_005.jpg
Quote from sam93 :
This van linked to below is just made for audio

Wrong, radios are made just for audio.

Quote from sam93 :
normally wins at the audio competitions at car shows.

Well my trusty radio will trash it.
Quote from JO53PHS :Well my trusty radio will trash it.

The competitions go on db's and such like, I very much doubt your stereo will beat it, it's bloody loud.

Quote :Wrong, radios are made just for audio.

You should know what I mean, the only modifications are for sound purposes only.
Quote from sam93 :The competitions go on db's and such like, I very much doubt your stereo will beat it, it's bloody loud.

Loud doesn't mean good. I'd like to still be able to use my ears in 20 years.
Quote from zeugnimod :Loud doesn't mean good. I'd like to still be able to use my ears in 20 years.

It didn't say loud means good. The sound quality the audio system he has in the van is good. It isn't obviously on loud all the time, only up shows to show people what he has achieved and for competitions.
Sjeesh what a bunch of morons in here. A sub in the boot gives a nice extra, I agree, some turn it up too loud and it's moronic. I just turn mine up when I like the song, just like you'd do with any stereo. Difference is, I've got a sub, so you hear the bass outside more. Higher tones go lost outside, but inside it sounds great and very different. Most people don't seem to understand that what you hear outside the car, isn't the same as inside.

It's just like drifting, some people like modding audio in cars, some people hate it. And just like drifting, there's only one rule: let each other alone!
It's a hobby like any else. Some people like to rebuild there boots, others like to turn circles on a virtual racetrack with a plastic steering wheel.

Sometimes I wonder if some of you people on here understand how moronic, nerdy and idiotic playing LFS really is. I'm all for the game, but be real, please..
I think the point is that with a sub you shouldn't really be able to hear it - rather it should "blend in" with the rest of the music if that makes any sense.

Most people who have subs think that turning them up to 10 somehow makes the quality of the music better...

Lets Rice Ma Car, y0!
(682 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG