The online racing simulator

Poll : Where?

Maximum budget €100
Maximum budget €150
Maximum budget €50
Maximum budget €80
Nijverdal (Indoor) - http://www.kartplaza.nl/
Quote from Becky Rose :From what I understood they have a fleet of [crap] cadets and a fleet of twin's, no?

Indeed
I updated the first post too
I guess it's a bit too soon to be blagging a lift, though if no-ones travelling from Haarlem Victor would have to pass me so I nominate him as my driver - which also meens he'd have to come.

Worked out nice then.
#154 - Kaw
Lets all have shirts with out names on. Otherwise it will be confusing with that many people
Quote from Kaw :Lets all have shirts with out names on. Otherwise it will be confusing with that many people

Becky's the one with breasts
Quote from Kaw :Let's all have shirts with out names on. Otherwise it will be confusing with that many people

Good idea. We're not in that phase atm I'll call Berghem tomorrow, and see if I can get some quotes. I'm good at haggling
did not think kasper would consider my t-shirt proposal as serious.

anyway, nobody will beat his shirt.
#158 - Kaw
Quote from Kaw :Guys can have breast to?

Prolly bigger than mine tbh
#160 - Kaw
Quote from Becky Rose :Prolly bigger than mine tbh

Then the question is, does that say more about guys or you?
Quote from Kaw :Then the question is, does that say more about guys or you?

gel inserts say your never gonna know for sure.
I can lend 2 suits. To someone who wants to use them. I might charge a little fee for them since 1 of them is Fireproof and expensive. Let me know if youre interested.
They've got suits over there. I don't see the point of borrowing one of your fancy suits. Perhaps if you want to stand out though...
aye all circuits have rental suites. I'd just rather me undies where not rubbing against fabric that's formerly been home to some geezer swetting more moisture than niagra falls in a thunderstorm. But I think i'll probably *ewww* have ter rough it, baggage charges being what they are !
Why not keep your clothes on?
weight Naked is the only way...
rental suits?!

a t-shirt plus some pants will do the job too, won't they?
unlikely, overalls are part of protective gear. a one piece fire resistant or fire retardant coverall, often with shoulder hoists, over your jeans and t-shirt will go quite some way to protecting you in a crash. Though I still think we should race nekkid to save weight That's gotta be worth a kmh or two on the straight !
Yep shes right.
I always wear a Full nomex underwear package:
Socks, Underpants, Shirt. Baclava. Etc.
Also a full metal Rib protector and a karting HANS System.
Saved my neck a couple of times.
Almost all kart track dont allow driving without suit.
Btw Becky. I hope that we can make it a great race in Berghem!
Ill go to Berghem and practice for the meet.
lol, such a waste of your money buying fire resistant clothes for karting if your kart catches fire you just step out of it, there's no possible scenario where I can think of that will prove the usefulness of fire resistant clothing for karts. The only reason I can think of is beeing metrosexual, nomex usually has quite a tight fit.

For the average karters: just bring your own helmet (if you have one), to avoid wearing a helmet that smells after sweat. Maybe a pair of karting gloves will to the trick of looking pro and avoiding blisters.

I can rent somebody a pair of gloves if he wants to, only 5€ a heat (€20 deposit)
Quote :Ill go to Berghem and practice for the meet.

Yeah you go practice local boy, you do realise that the better you do the more likely you are to be considered one of these.
Quote from Thommm :lol, such a waste of your money buying fire resistant clothes for karting if your kart catches fire you just step out of it, there's no possible scenario where I can think of that will prove the usefulness of fire resistant clothing for karts.

From experience the only time a kart catches fire is when it's upside down. From experience the odds of being able to step out of a kart when it is upside down are 50/50.
It takes me about 4 seconds to get out of my kart. A non nomex suit catches fire in about 0.2 seconds. Then you need to roll over the ground to put it out. Etc. Etc.
All this stuff isnt a waste of money because when you make the step from Karts to Formula Ford, Formula Gloria. Etc.
It makes it all safer. You never know whats going to happen.
UPDATE

I sent the following message to Berghem:

Geachte heer/mevrouw,

Met anderen wil ik een kartingevenement organiseren. Daarbij zouden wij gebruik willen maken van een speciaal arrangement. Die staan niet op uw website, en ik werd geadviseerd contact op te nemen via email. Wij zijn een groep van ongeveer 30 mensen. Dertig minuten qualificatie en dertig minuten race lijkt ons een ideaal raceschema, gebruikmakende van de Kombikart Eco. Wat zouden de kosten van zo'n arrangement zijn?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Erik Jan

Basically a polite letter asking for a quote.

I got the following response.

Beste Erik Jan,

Hierbij een vrijblijvend voorstel voor een kartarrangement op maat. Uitgaande van 30 personen & jullie wensen kan ik het volgende arrangement aanbieden met onbegrensde huurkarts (Kombikart Eco):

17.30 uur: Ontvangst in à La Kart Café met bittergarnituur
18.00 uur: Kwalificatie training (30 minuten) (30 personen)
19.00 uur: Race (30 minuten) (30 personen)
19.30 uur: Einde race

Kosten Kartarrangement: € 110,00 p.p.
Bittergarnituur: € 2,50 p.p.
Totaal exclusief consumpties € 112,50 p.p.

Het programma is evt uit te breiden met cateringmogelijkheden uit de bijlage en bijvoorbeeld een bekerset (1-2-3) vanaf EUR 25,00 per set.

Een goedkoper alternatief op jullie opzet zou zijn:

17.30 uur: Ontvangst in à La Kart Café met bittergarnituur
18.00 uur: Warm Up (10 minuten) Groep 1 (15 personen)
18.15 uur: Warm Up (10 minuten) Groep 2 (15 personen)
18.30 uur: Kwalificatie (10 minuten) Groep 1 (15 personen)
18.45 uur: Kwalificatie (10 minuten) Groep 2 (15 personen)
19.00 uur: Race groep 1 (10 minuten) Groep 1 (15 personen)
19.15 uur: Race groep 2 (10 minuten) Groep 2 (15 personen)

Kosten Kartarrangement: € 50,00 p.p.
Bittergarnituur: € 2,50 p.p.
Totaal exclusief consumpties € 52,50 p.p.

Het programma is evt uit te breiden met cateringmogelijkheden uit de bijlage en bijvoorbeeld een bekerset (1-2-3) vanaf EUR 25,00 per set.

That's basically 30 minutes of practification/qualicing (bit of both), and 30 minutes of racing, for €110 :faint:.

Her proposal was to do 10 minutes of warming up for group one, 10 minutes of warming up for group two, 10 minutes of qualifying for group one and 10 minutes of qualifying for group two, 10 minutes of racing for group one, 10 minutes of racing for group two.

That makes 30 minutes for €50 (her proposal), or 60 minutes for €110 (my idea). I assume we can still negotiate, and do something in between. What do you think?
The second idea is better.
But, I think that we should make a group with less experienced people and more experienced people.
Group 1: People like me and Becky Rose, or people with experience.
Group 2: People with absolutely no experience.

LFS Dutch Karting Meet - track poll
(274 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG