The online racing simulator
Copying activated LFS
(16 posts, started )
Copying activated LFS
I want to be able to play LFS at school, but I can't unlock it, because of the firewall.
Is there any way to copy it "already-activated" from my pc? Just copying the folder doesn't preserve the unlock.

Thanks
No, because LFS uses the underlying hardware configuration as a key to it's locking algorithm. You shouldn't be playing at school anyway
I dont think the solution to that is allowed, because if you did that then a distributer of hacked programs could just release an lfs package pre-activated for download, using his own or someone elses credentials.

School is for Work! (and the world's hardest game)

Sorry
OK, I get it. Only demo

(Or next available (and highly possible to be done) solution is to tunnel local port through 443 to home server, and from there to lfs server ;p)
Quote from AndroidXP :No, because LFS uses the underlying hardware configuration as a key to it's locking algorithm. You shouldn't be playing at school anyway

You shouldnt play at school but i used to play all sorts of games on the pc in our form room pc at lunchtimes as our form room was right on the outskirts of the school where nobody used to hang out, just me and a couple of lads, and girls. Girls were new to me then, it was all very exciting!

The PC in question was a mighty pentium 333mhz with 32mb of RAM AND had slight 3dfx capabilites! (voodoo2 card) which was fast as hell at the time (god im showing my age now!) Although it was mainly demo versions. i managed to get, GTA1, quake 1 and 2, carmageddon 1, tomb raider 2 toca2, age of empires, fallout 1 and duke nukem 3d installed.

It was literally the only gaming PC in the whole school! I will never forget the day that the deputy head (vice principal) came in and caught me playing GTA. I thought, oh shit, im in trouble now. He asked me in a casual manner, "so danny boy, what ye playing there then?" (he was scottish) I was a bit cautious in my answer as i was still waiting to be in trouble so i just said i found this game and was trying it out.

Once the 5 minute demo time had finished and he had been watching me he then asked if he could have a go. The sight of a 60 year old man drifting a limo into pedestrians and splatting them, plus really getting into it was something i will never forget!
Quote from danthebangerboy :You shouldnt play at school but i used to play all sorts of games on the pc in our form room pc at lunchtimes as our form room was right on the outskirts of the school where nobody used to hang out, just me and a couple of lads, and girls. Girls were new to me then, it was all very exciting!

The PC in question was a mighty pentium 333mhz with 32mb of RAM AND had slight 3dfx capabilites! (voodoo2 card) which was fast as hell at the time (god im showing my age now!) Although it was mainly demo versions. i managed to get, GTA1, quake 1 and 2, carmageddon 1, tomb raider 2 toca2, age of empires, fallout 1 and duke nukem 3d installed.

It was literally the only gaming PC in the whole school! I will never forget the day that the deputy head (vice principal) came in and caught me playing GTA. I thought, oh shit, im in trouble now. He asked me in a casual manner, "so danny boy, what ye playing there then?" (he was scottish) I was a bit cautious in my answer as i was still waiting to be in trouble so i just said i found this game and was trying it out.

Once the 5 minute demo time had finished and he had been watching me he then asked if he could have a go. The sight of a 60 year old man drifting a limo into pedestrians and splatting them, plus really getting into it was something i will never forget!

Good ol' times...

I remember when my father installed the Voodoo2 card into our computer... it was the beginning of a new age !
Isn't it possible to connect to the computer with LFS on it using Remote desktop? I don't know how it works exactly you could give it a go. Maybe other know some more about it?
So you suggest to play LFS using Remote Desktop? LOL
Well, maybe it works I don't know to be honoust Just heard you can connect to a different computer when you are using Remote desktop, so if you can acces the computer I think you can also click on the lfs shortcut and it might work

Just thinking out loudly as I said I have no clue how it works
Sure it would "work". Why not try routing through a proxy in Australia while you're at it?
hehe I get it bad idea! I thought it maybe was worth trying
No comment about playing experience and b/w requirements :P
I'll just say that neither RDP is allowed through the firewall.

I am a new-era kid. The PCs at school have 9500gt (with 512mb vram)
Quote from streamkid :No comment about playing experience and b/w requirements :P
I'll just say that neither RDP is allowed through the firewall.

I am a new-era kid. The PCs at school have 9500gt (with 512mb vram)

Ah I see, well it might have been worth a try
LOL, remotedesktop will give you 1-2 fps with 5mbit/s connection.,

And VNC will give ya 5-6 fps (all on lowest GFX and res).
Shouldn't it work on memory stick? Copying an unlocked LFS to memory stick and then just loading LFS in your computer? So, playing it on memory stick..? :unsure:
Quote from streamkid :I want to be able to play LFS at school, but I can't unlock it, because of the firewall.
Is there any way to copy it "already-activated" from my pc? Just copying the folder doesn't preserve the unlock.

Thanks

I have a hypothetical question. Would it be wrong if he'd use a crack? He already has S2 anyway, although he still wouldn't be able to play online with S2 content. I'm not suggesting anything, just asking for an opinion.

Copying activated LFS
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG