The online racing simulator
Copenhagen
(45 posts, started )
Copenhagen
Knowing that the people on this forum are mostly from Europe, I thought I'd ask a pretty specific question to see if anyone knows the answer. I'm thinking of visiting Copenhagen, Denmark, tomorrow (a Sunday). Is this a bad idea? I mean, is visiting Copenhagen on a SUNDAY a bad idea? Will most things that I should be seeing/visiting be closed?

Also, is anyone from the area? Copenhagen or the Scania region of Sweden?
going to europe for just one day is generally a bad idea.

You'll have 10+ hours of flight in each direction, and you won't see much in single a day even in one single city.
Quote from ColeusRattus :going to europe for just one day is generally a bad idea.

You'll have 10+ hours of flight in each direction, and you won't see much in single a day even in one single city.

Well thank you for the suggestion sir. HAHA. I'm actually just across the bridge in Sweden so it's about an hour train ride.
Didn't know Scania was a word for something else than awesome trucks. Well, you learn something every day.

Sweden still sucks though...
Don't sleep with any Danish chicks, Denmark has the highest AIDS rate in Europe. FACT.

And if you want to speak Danish, just speak Swedish or Norwegian but make sure you have got a potato stuck in your throat when you do it. Gotta love those Danish people or not.
#7 - arco
^^ Lol

Kaw is from Copenhagen.
Quote from arco :^^ Lol

Kaw is from Copenhagen.

Oh alright, I'll shoot him a PM. Thanks.

And LOL @ BlueFlame!
Quote from OneCrazyDiamond :Well thank you for the suggestion sir. HAHA. I'm actually just across the bridge in Sweden so it's about an hour train ride.

Oh, allright, disregard it then
Quote from BlueFlame :Denmark has the highest AIDS rate in Europe. FACT.

source?

Get your facts straight
http://www.eurohiv.org/reports ... pdf/report_eurohiv_76.pdf

HIV/Aids cases in Europe (2007)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/hea ... hest-rate-HIV-Europe.html
Estonia - 504.2 per million (668 cases)
Portugal - 205 (2,162)
UK - 148.8 (8,925)
Latvia - 130.3 (299)
Luxembourg - 118.9 (56)
Belgium - 95.3 (995)
France - 91.9 (5,750)
Ireland - 80 (337)
Malta - 71.9 (29)
Netherlands - 65.4 (1,070)
Austria - 53 (435)
Greece - 51.1 (569)
Denmark - 45 (245)
Sweden - 41.6 (377)
Cyprus - 40.3 (34)
Finland - 37.1 (195)
Germany - 32.9 (2,718)
Lithuania - 29.3 (100)
Poland - 19.5 (750)
Slovenia - 17.3 (34)
Bulgaria - 11.9 (995)
Romania - 8.3 (180)
Czech Rep - 9.1 (34)
Hungary - 8 (81)
Slovakia - 5 (27)
Weird that Netherlands isn't in the top 3 ...
That's like the sex and drugs capital of europe ...
im just happy Norway ISNT ON THE LIST
Quote from asbjoern :im just happy Norway ISNT ON THE LIST

I think they forgot them in that list as in every other list they are right behind the Netherlands
I will tell you something, as a dane
Many things is usually closed on a sunday because its not an official opening day for stores and other public things... But im not sure this sunday as its Autumn-holiday right now
Quote from Rascar13 :I will tell you something, as a dane
Many things is usually closed on a sunday because its not an official opening day for stores and other public things... But im not sure this sunday as its Autumn-holiday right now

I think I will go next weekend on Saturday or something. Seems like a much better idea.
Quote from BBO@BSR :source?

Get your facts straight
http://www.eurohiv.org/reports ... pdf/report_eurohiv_76.pdf

HIV/Aids cases in Europe (2007)
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/hea ... hest-rate-HIV-Europe.html
Estonia - 504.2 per million (668 cases)
Portugal - 205 (2,162)
UK - 148.8 (8,925)
Latvia - 130.3 (299)
Luxembourg - 118.9 (56)
Belgium - 95.3 (995)
France - 91.9 (5,750)
Ireland - 80 (337)
Malta - 71.9 (29)
Netherlands - 65.4 (1,070)
Austria - 53 (435)
Greece - 51.1 (569)
Denmark - 45 (245)
Sweden - 41.6 (377)
Cyprus - 40.3 (34)
Finland - 37.1 (195)
Germany - 32.9 (2,718)
Lithuania - 29.3 (100)
Poland - 19.5 (750)
Slovenia - 17.3 (34)
Bulgaria - 11.9 (995)
Romania - 8.3 (180)
Czech Rep - 9.1 (34)
Hungary - 8 (81)
Slovakia - 5 (27)

This may of been a while ago when Denmark had a high rate of aids.
So seeing that the decision has been made to not go until next weekend, I'd love to hear from people if there are any essential places to visit while I'm there which aren't the stereotypical tourist attractions.
Mmmm Copenhagen..........................oh wait, you meant the city.
Quote from S k i p p y :Mmmm Copenhagen..........................oh wait, you meant the city.

What else would he mean?
some ham of course
Quote from flymike91 :some ham of course

Yea? Copenhagen has one meaning, and that is the capital city of Denmark, since when was ham (even if danish) refered to as Copenhagen?
Quote from BlueFlame :Yea? Copenhagen has one meaning, and that is the capital city of Denmark, since when was ham (even if danish) refered to as Copenhagen?

Well it says Copenhagen on the ham?

"Bring some of that copenhagen from the store will you dear, it's so delicious!" Yes I can imagine it being used in the American language.
As long as you do it safe
Dunno about Copenhagen, but I can warmly recommend Amsterdam if you're willing to travel a bit farther (but I'm not saying to skip Copenhagen ). If you do, you should plan staying for the whole weekend, though, to get a chance to see its night life. Was there for a week about a month ago; it's a truly beautiful city with an astonishing amount of equally beautiful women. And bicycles. Lots and lots of bicycles. Ever seen a parking garage full of bicycles? Look no farther than in front of the Centraal Station.
Quote :Weird that Netherlands isn't in the top 3 ...
That's like the sex and drugs capital of europe ...

OK so socially they treat Marajjuana like cigarettes, but it's mostly just reputation. The drugs scene in Amsterdam is very touristy on the surface so it has a reputation, but undearneath its the same as any other modern city, and tbh, I wouldnt recommend touching half the stuff that's so freely available to people who can pronounce their G's properly - as most of it isn't what it doesnt say it is on the outside of the celaphane...

If your going to do drugs whilst on holiday, do it anywhere but Amsterdam, unless your just doing the whole brown cafe thing for the experience of it - in which case do what the Yanks do, roll a doobie with the strongest local weed and throw the biggest whitey this side of the coke bottle you'll be cracking open for an urgent sugar hit 3 minutes after lighting it up... suckers! It's stronger than what your used to mkay

Copenhagen
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG