The online racing simulator
Sorry for not having said this before, but thanks for this lovely work, it`s really improved LFS a lot, without even touch the FPS :O
Can we expect a new release for the other tracks?

Now **** me! It`s for every track, sorry >.<
Sry for Pushing.
Will this Work on Y too?
#28 - Don
Hmmm, good point I think that since the Blackwood and SouthCity skies have new names in patch Y, it won`t work - but you could just rename the skies from the pack to the new names and then it would work - but im not sure how the skies would match the new lighting....
If that is the case does anyone know what the new filenames are?
I looked at the Patch X > Y Installer

dds folder new files (affects reflections and are not in Don/KiD's pack)
  • SKY2007sunny1_E.dds
  • Sky_overcast3_E.dds
  • Sky_sunset4_E.dds
  • Skyovercast6_E.dds
    edit, i forgot:
  • BWskysunny1_E.dds
pic folder new files (the actual sky pictures)
  • BWskysunny1.raw
  • SKY2007sunny1.raw
Again grabbing sry^^

Also they won't work?
@Don:Will you make then an update?
#32 - Don
well they are not adjusted to the new lighting and they have wrong names..

and im probably not going to edit or release any new skies, sorry...
Hm.. Bad^^
Well the new (raw) skies changed/added to patch Y are now 2048x2048, and 12MB in size, so you still have hi-res skies, even if a couple of them aren't Don's skies.

And his existing sky pack still is visible for the most part when you install it. So they "work" in patch Y in some respect. Just the reflections on the cars isn't always 100% realstic when you look at it with a magnifying glass. The angle of the sun on the new skies is not much different so the problem is quite omissible.

BTW: I found the default BW reflection (BWskysunny1_E.dds) makes the car look like it's standing still in the back chicane no matter what SKY is used. I've replaced my reflections anyway for this reason.
anyone know if it's possible to add animated skies from contiminum?
#36 - Don
not possible
good stuff =)
These are.. the best looking skies Ive ever seen. Better than real life xD

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG