The online racing simulator
this isn't a serious thought but if you want to look for a conspiracy in everything try

they've now got rid of the first two circuits that lewis hamilton won a GP on
I agree that montreal needs an upgrade though.

but nothing more then a re-surface.

This is an outrage though, F1 has no tracks in North america now and replacing all them with boring tilkie tracks with no soul.

Plus idk how this could be for money though, North America is the richest part of the world.
Quote from MAGGOT :

...I really, really hate Bernie.

The man redefines the definition of Dictatorial Scumbag.

I love my F1, but if this keeps up it's going to drive me away.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
#54 - JJ72
I still have respect for the guy, in the early 80's he has turned F1 from a joke to a profitable business. Those who say he doesn't care for the sport and the fans well he is not in charge of that, Max is.
It really kind of makes me sick. It's Bernie's bluff all over again. The last time he did it with sponsors and what-not. This time he doesn't even bother, it's just a flaw in the contract.

What most people don't know is that unlike all other gps, the canadian one is a private business. All the others are public, and hence ready to pay a s-load of money to get on the map. However, since it's a private business, they always have to go look for a lot of paying sponsors, which is alone quite a hard thing to do. Then you have Bernie coming up to you asking something along the line of "Hey, I want more money. And by the way your track is a piece of crap for X reason".

His reasons really change every year, it's the track itself, the pits, the money, the flaw in the plan (contract). Whatever will do to get more money from this thing.

Now the GP promotor Normand Legault basically said he's pissed and pulled out of this. We've got the Montreal mayor, a federal minister and a couple of other guys trying to convince Bernie (by giving him more money), but in general, the population would just like to let it go, to make sure Bernie doesn't get more money...

It's weird how it just seems like Bernie's a terrorist or something, and he kidnapped our GP. Now we've got to give him a lot of money to get it back
magny cours is out as well now Bring Canada! if the calendar stays as it is now, we will have a 4 week break between Hungary and Europe gp......
2009 FIA Formula One World Championship Race Calendar

01 2009 FORMULA 1 ING AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Melbourne) 26 - 29 Mar
02 2009 FORMULA 1 PETRONAS MALAYSIAN GRAND PRIX (Kuala Lumpur) 03 - 05 Apr
03 2009 FORMULA 1 GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX (Bahrain) 17 - 19 Apr
04 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPANA TELEFONICA 2009 (Catalunya) 08 - 10 May
05 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE MONACO 2009 (Monte Carlo) 21 - 24 May
06 2009 FORMULA 1 TURKISH GRAND PRIX (Istanbul) 05 - 07 Jun
07 2009 FORMULA 1 SANTANDER BRITISH GRAND PRIX (Silverstone) 19 - 21 Jun
cancelled FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX DE FRANCE 2009 (Magny-Cours) 26 - 28 Jun
08 FORMULA 1 GROSSER PREIS SANTANDER VON DEUTSCHLAND 2009 (Nürburgring) 10 - 12 Jul
09 FORMULA 1 ING MAGYAR NAGYDIJ 2009 (Budapest) 24 - 26 Jul
10 2009 FORMULA 1 TELEFONICA GRAND PRIX OF EUROPE (Valencia) 21 - 23 Aug
11 2009 FORMULA 1 ING BELGIAN GRAND PRIX (Spa-Francorchamps) 28 - 30 Aug
12 FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO SANTANDER D'ITALIA 2009 (Monza) 11 - 13 Sep
13 2009 FORMULA 1 SINGAPORE GRAND PRIX (Singapore) 25 - 27 Sep
14 2009 FORMULA 1 FUJI TELEVISION JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) 09 - 11 Oct
15 2009 FORMULA 1 CHINESE GRAND PRIX (Shanghai) 16 - 18 Oct
16 FORMULA 1 GRANDE PREMIO DO BRASIL 2009 (Sao Paulo) 30 Oct - 01 Nov
17 2009 FORMULA 1 ETIHAD AIRWAYS ABU DHABI GRAND PRIX (Abu Dhabi) 13 - 15 Nov
It has just been announce that the French Motorsport Federation thing (Fédération Française du Sport Automobile) said they are dropping the French GP. Lemme try to find a link/article/quote here...

EDIT: Here it is, it's due to financial dificulties. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71421
Bring back Suzuka!!
Quote from TFalke55 :2009 FIA Formula One World Championship Race Calendar

15 2009 FORMULA 1 FUJI TELEVISION JAPANESE GRAND PRIX (Suzuka) 09 - 11 Oct

Quote from zeugnimod :Bring back Suzuka!!

It's back
I meant both Suzuka and Fuji in one season.
Quote from Knight_Atack :due to financial dificulties.

Isn't that just F1-speak for "Bernie's asked for more money again"?
Quote from STROBE :Isn't that just F1-speak for "Bernie's asked for more money again"?

Yes
Quote from Shotglass :when did the fia suddenly become a reliable source of information and good judge of whats best for the sport? or in fact something that makes sense?

I disagreed with something?

Quote :and since youre so eager to correct spelling mistakes on german words which may just as well be typos... its called the hunaudieres

Aren't proper nouns usually capitalized?
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
french gp is dropped from 2009 calendar too
because of the economic crisis or sth

well, i dont mind
Quote from deggis :...Aren't proper nouns usually capitalized?

That's not fair. Not everyone has a shift key y'know.
What a prick. First time I was gunna go watch an F1 GP and he had to ruin it.
hey my dad he says since the french droped out of the F1 that Canada may have a chance of getting in. But the main reason Canada was kicked/droped out of the F1 was becuase of the cost to transport all the F1 cars and verything over to North America for just one race, but i think if they add another 2 or 3 curciuts into the F1 calander over in North America i think Montreal may get back in. I can't really say which tracks i think would be good to get into the F1 in the US or Canada but i can say possibly Edmonton becuase its used for the North American F1 Series, i just don't want to see any Oval tracks becuase there bloody boring i think going around and around in a oval/circle.

P.S. maybe we should start a petition to get Montreal back into the F1
A petition was started to bring it back and it was ignored by the FIA president IIRC.
Quote from evilpimp :A petition was started to bring it back and it was ignored by the FIA president IIRC.

Woah, an internet petition does absolutely nothing! Must be first time ever in the history of everything when this happens.
hmm french GP and the canadian Gp which is in a country thats half french le conspiracy anyone ?

apparently the manufacturers are livid about the canadian GP as without a US GP the Canadian race is the only showcase they have for the north american market where apparantly people buy a lot of cars. and there was me thinking that they were concerend becasue it produced such good races.

in either case they don't give a damm about the french track (joke)
Quote from tinvek :canadian Gp which is in a country thats half french le conspiracy anyone ?

Well... just quebec really

Pile of shit this is.

In the end we'll just have Grand Prix in countries no-one knows where on earth they are, on crappy tracks with no overtaking just cos teh local Sheik has a few bob.

I can guarentee by 2050 there will be a Moon Grand Prix, cos it's novel and someone rich will be living there. Bullshit.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG