The online racing simulator
James Bond complete set for a tenner
(36 posts, started )
Quote from Venom(UK) :Did any of you guys get it for 9.99 then?

It's not released until 20th, so dunno yet.
Just got the cancellation email. Oh well, was worth a try.
#28 - Jakg
Quote from Play.com Email :Dear Customer,

We are writing to inform you that your recent order for James Bond Complete Collection Box Set was incorrectly listed. Unfortunately we will not be able to supply you with your order at the advertised price and have cancelled your order. If you would still like to purchase this item at the correct price of £99.99 please place a new order.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused to you over this matter and thank you for your patience and valued custom.

Kind Regards,

PLAY.COM

Balls.
Boooooooo-urns.
I would like to find out if that is legal...IF it was a "genuine mistake" then it surprises me that there must have been thousands of orders in the 12 hours+ that it was listed...You cant tell me they didn't KNOW about it.
Therefore the only conclusion is they did it on purpose as somebody said earlier...viral marketing. Is this legal???

(btw..just got my cancellation e-mail too!)
Quote from Bladerunner :I would like to find out if that is legal...IF it was a "genuine mistake" then it surprises me that there must have been thousands of orders in the 12 hours+ that it was listed...You cant tell me they didn't KNOW about it.
Therefore the only conclusion is they did it on purpose as somebody said earlier...viral marketing. Is this legal???

There is no way to prove it was not an accident.

They have a right to not to sell the product will the wrong price if it's unreasonable for the seller, meaning it's so mad it should be obvious for the buyer that the price is wrong. Like selling a gaming system with 90,0 when the actual price is 900.

But yeah, it might have been an error but they just didn't bother correcting it that fast when it was getting so much interest. Or there was just nobody at work at the hours it was getting orders. Or they are really sneaky bastards.
Yeah, they can't make you buy it at full price, but they can refuse to sell it to you at all.
Quote from Bladerunner :I would like to find out if that is legal...IF it was a "genuine mistake" then it surprises me that there must have been thousands of orders in the 12 hours+ that it was listed...You cant tell me they didn't KNOW about it.

I think that if you got a confirmation email last night (their offer), and emailed back accepting the offer then they do have to sell at £9.99.

It's all very long winded legalese, and I can't find a link atm.
#34 - Jakg
No, iirc they only have to sell if they took payment (which is them accepting the contract to supply the goods for the price mentioned).
Quote from Jakg :Balls.

/me told you.

Now you're gunna get loads of spam post and I won.

:banana:

James Bond complete set for a tenner
(36 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG