The online racing simulator
Upgrade help needed
(38 posts, started )
Quote from Riders Motion :Now I got a Nvidia 7600GT Superclocked and I bought a 750W PSU.

yes. a 750W psu for a card that has 36W peak power consumption.

very sensible.

unless you plan getting a 4870x2 or something crazy like three-way sli of 9800GT cards, you've wasted a lot of money on the psu. if you DIDN'T spend a lot of money on that psu, then your psu is of low quality and quite more probable to introduce problems than a 400W at the same money.
I'm not sure weither to say there is a major problem or not, but I AM experiencing blur problems on the desktop.
Now I have been monitoring the trends, since the weather is colder now, I think the blur is being cause by the card not being heated well enough..
When I launch a game the blur tends to go away..
Is this logical? Or theres something wrong?
9800GTX in SLI
Quote from harjun :9800GTX in SLI

Please read teh postz0rz and post something usefull!

On topic : Try OCZ PSU's, good quality with good prices!
Quote from harjun :9800GTX in SLI

Daddy been shopping again?? TBH I'm surprised you haven't got a trio of 280 GTX's yet!

o/t Antec are pretty good... people saying that you dont NEED a lot of powah are mistaken...if you can get a lot at a good price now, then you will be ready for any future upgrades..I personally run a Jeantech Storm 700 modular...but that is powering a pair of 8800's and a Q6600 + 6Gb RAM on a P5N32 E SLI as well as about half a dozen fans! (good job I'm deaf..the noise is quite ...er....loud!)
Only silly thing with the storm...its got a tasty blue display that tells you how much powah its kicking out at any time....but they put it at the BACK of the case.....got to get on hands and knees under the desk to see the bloody thing!
I dont know if the blur is a power supply issue or a heating issue, when I play a game its not blurry, and when i leave it idle or just turn it on it starts to blur
I can assume in idle it takes less power than when im playing, so Im not 100% sure its with power.
you sure it's not your monitor?
You say it happens when you turn the computer on - my monitor gets MASSIVE ghosting until it's warmed up, but I don't know if that's what you mean. I also wouldn't expect it from a TN panel, assuming that's what you have.
#34 - Jakg
I do get the same thing (although not for very long at all) with the image on my Xerox XM3-22wB monitor which as it was cheap I can only assume is a TN panel...
Hmm, see right now I just turned on the computer, it WAS little blurry for a couple of minutes, but not exactly when i turn it on, mabey 5 minutes into it it started blurring, however I think that the issue isn't anything inside the case or the card itself which is working perfectly fine, but the connection between monitor and the card. Sometimes when its blurry and i move the cable a bit it clears or gets worse, example today I moved the cable around a bit and its perfect now.
But you guys might be right, the monitor isn't such a good one as its a budget one
Ill have to keep track of when it keeps happening and how I do or don't get rid of the blur every time.
It doesn't bother me so much to be honest, but the fact that something may be wrong does
Quote from pb32000 :You say it happens when you turn the computer on - my monitor gets MASSIVE ghosting until it's warmed up, but I don't know if that's what you mean. I also wouldn't expect it from a TN panel, assuming that's what you have.

For some reason mine does as well.

Cheap korean monitors that come with your PC ftw?
Ha yer perhaps it's just a general trait of LCDs. Mine's not TN though which is why I kinda expected higher delay times etc.
check the connectors and cables

Upgrade help needed
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG