The online racing simulator
You can overclock pretty much any CPU as long as your BIOS lets you.
My new notebook:

Acer Aspire 6935G
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 T9400@ 2.53 GHz
Memory: 4094MB RAM
Hard Drive: 320 Gb
Video Card: nVidia 9600m GT 512 Mb
Monitor: 16" Full HD
Operating system: Windows Vista Ultimate
Before:

AMD sempron 3200+ @ 1.8GHZ running at 2.2GHZ
1280MB RAM ( 3x256MB and 1x512MB PC3200)
80GB WD
20GB WD
30GB WD
Ati Sapphire HD2400 PRO 512MB
NEC LC17''M
standard keyboard Logitec mouse

After:
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition running at 2.66GHZ
3.5GB RAM ( 3x 1024MB) (1x512MB)
total 130 GB HDD

Radeon HD 3850 x4!!! In QuadFire
MOBO: 790FX
just my TV
Quote :
Radeon HD 3850 x4!!!

WHY!!! dont you buy better ones?
ben aan het sparen. (kweet niet hoe je dat in het engels zegt:shrug
Quote from sharukh :ben aan het sparen. (kweet niet hoe je dat in het engels zegt:shrug

lol ok

waarvoor dan?
new nikesXD
kleren enz je weet wel
Quote from sharukh :Before:

AMD sempron 3200+ @ 1.8GHZ running at 2.2GHZ
1280MB RAM ( 3x256MB and 1x512MB PC3200)
80GB WD
20GB WD
30GB WD
Ati Sapphire HD2400 PRO 512MB
NEC LC17''M
standard keyboard Logitec mouse

After:
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition running at 3.90 GHZ
3.5GB RAM ( 3x 1024MB) (1x512MB)
total 130 GB HDD

Radeon HD 3850 x4!!!
MOBO: 790FX
Sony Bravia 42" is my screen

in your dreams.

Quote from sharukh :ben aan het sparen. (kweet niet hoe je dat in het engels zegt:shrug

saving up.

Quote from Stiggie :intel core 2 quad Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz

And i'm still not satisfied, not quick enough!

i understand that.

Quote from sharukh :new nikesXD
kleren enz je weet wel

lol.

-Bose
Quote from Jakg :You can overclock pretty much any CPU as long as your BIOS lets you.

So where does it say the overclocking part in my Bios IF it is possible on mine?
Quote from sharukh :After:
AMD Phenom 9950 Black Edition running at 3.90 GHZ

Stop talking shit right there, even the best overclockers are lucky to even get 4.0Ghz out of there Phenoms (lucky even to boot into windows for a few mins at that speed) nevermind gaming at that speed.
Liar!!! :d
After one year and a half since i`m saying i`ll get a new rig(and working to save $), i finally made some time and did the research to update my "firmware" with hardware related news, dozens of articles/reviews for each component[..]
It`s not the best out there, but it`s not supposed to.. Here are my choices:

case: Antec 1200
psu: Corsair 750TX
mobo: Asus P5Q Deluxe
cpu: Intel Q9550 2.83 Ghz (@ 3.55Ghz & 1.22v, 58degrees usual 100% load, 71~73 degrees after 20 linpack passes, stable, measured with Realtemp - TJ Max 100), cooled with Coolermaster Z600 passive for now; 2x antec tricool coming tuesday (true120 is out of stock for weeks over here).
video: HIS Radeon 4870x2 (I only modified fan speed from 27% to 33, and idle/load temps got down from 56/92 to 33/68-71. Overcklocking later, if any).
ddr2: 2x 2gb Mushkin xp2 pc8800 (#996630) @1160mhz CL5 (1.9v).
sound: Some cheap Audigy SE, don`t want any overhead, maybe i`ll replace some condensators, opamp, for better sound quality.
hdds(SATA2): 2 x WD1001FALS (raid 0) + 1 x WD1001FALS (manual backup).
lcd: LG L227 WT (Never been a fan of LG in general but this monitor "pwns" a large percent of TNs).*
mice: Razer Lachesis (i have to say, i`m not an fps gamer, only corel "gamer" ;^) but it really is a nice piece of hardware).
ups: APC Back-ups 700 ES *
os: vista x64 ultimate(Which i had to download. My original dvd, failed install 7 times). It took me by surprise, kinda blown XP away (dual boot).. Maybe because of the 32 bit os memory addressing limitations.

Soon(i hope until december): G25+S2. Must get them together.. then i`ll slowly add Leo Bodnar`s pedal resolution gadget, the Nixim rubber, shifter mod..

Oh i forgot.. These days i have to get a sturdy desk or something.. i am thinking about the Obutto cockpit(review here, here) for over an year now, and considering the prices over here.. a good office chair ~120 euro + some piece of office furniture/desk&shelves/whatever ~150-200 euro. It could turn out the best option not only regarding comfort/realism for computing/sim racing, but also the cheaper option. Only if Chris would respond to e-mails..

PS: Not much "enjoyment" so far, as in using the rig to what`s supposed to do.. so far only testing, benching.. my free time goes on that. When i get back from work today, i`ll try sorting raid0 performance between those 1tb drives lol, with various stripe&cluster sizes.

Offtopic: Good oc`ers can`t live in Holland or what? What if i say i`ve got my quad to 4.1 ghz on air? (i`m certainly not classified as a good overclocker). Not that great, and not there for 24/7, but good enough for 32m pi, some 3d marks.. . I`m not taking any sides, he can always post a screen shot and cpuz validation links etc.. But i hate seeing flames instead of "Can you post some proof". You do realize this is a forum, and knowledgeable oc`ers are not excluded from browsing it, even playing lfs.. (or world class oc`er wannabes for that matter)..gtg, cheers.
Quote from Stiggie :So where does it say the overclocking part in my Bios IF it is possible on mine?

depends on your motherboard. my old one was AI tweaker, and my new one has a seperate O.C. menu
I bought it in a store pre-built and just threw a 8600GT in there.. so prolly some crap motherboard.
I think the overclock function is just blocked in the BIOS.. i can't really find anything about it in there.
hehehe
heheh it runs at 2.6GHZ

Have you even tried overclocking ?
- They say it`s faster clock per clock compared to Q6600, when both are overclocked, to 3.2ghz+.
- They also say you`re going to pay huge power bills because you chose Amd Phenom 9950 over Intel Q6600 (same price range)..

I owe an apology to rc10racer(if you read the mile long post..:P ), i was on the rush, and now that i re-read it.. it could sound patronising, but i didn`t mean it that way.
Sorry if I offended in any way.. and you know.. maybe one of these days we`ll see some dude`s topic, sharing photos with his LN2 setup..

ps: forgot the g15 keyboard, and i`m in no mood for edits, too tired.
it`s a weird combination orange keys and blue mouse.. can`t wait to see some rpm`s on it.
Crossfire mobo + 2 nVidia cards joined by a Crossfire bridge does not = fail now?
lol jack, don`t go there. too painful.
Quote :ATI CrossFire
With support for ATI CrossFire, GIGABYTE pushes the envelope once again by delivering highly optimized performance and flexibility demanded by power users and extreme gaming enthusiasts. Designed to provide unmatched multi-GPU support with dual PCI Express connectivity, the GA-P35-DS4 allows users to take advantage of the ultra smooth 3D rendering, blazing-fast frame rates and enhanced visual quality possible with a dual graphics card solution.

takumi: recognize his mobo? see anywhere SLI Support.. ? see 2 nvidia cards..? umm, crossfire? hence the fail.
e:beat me to it.^
lol, I kinda ask myself how it actually runs
I don't understand WHY a Crossfire bridge and an SLI are the same fit. You would have thought to avoid confusion...
Quote from ndiw :first post..
A7N266-C Nforce
AMD Athlon XP 1700+
Nvidia Geforce4 5200 128
Kingston 1 GB pc 2700
80gb maxtor + 40 gb seagate
Logitech Wingman something..
17" Viewsonic LCD ..

I thing my 'rig' is the slowest here.. i feel like stands around skyscrapers

in hotlaps or SP i got 50-60 FPS, but if full added AI i got arround 25-35

LFS Engine is the most efficient game engine I've ever seen IMO.. it's even ran on my AMD K6 II -450mhz..

BTW, i still have a Pentium III with 256 mb ram, 6gb hdd and onboard gfx under mine table.
Just ordered from eBuyer:

MSI P45 Neo-F Motherboard
Core 2 Quad Q9400 CPU
8GB Corsair TwinX DDR2-800 RAM
nVidia GeForce GTX280 1GB Graphics Card
And a CoolerMaster RealPower 700W Modular PSU to power it all!

(and I don't care what anyone says about the cost of the graphics card :razz
Quote from pb32000 :I don't understand WHY a Crossfire bridge and an SLI are the same fit. You would have thought to avoid confusion...

Crossfire bridges are a bit larger, but still small enough to squeeze between the two gaps on the male SLi port.

Post your "LFS" rig..
(3080 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG