The online racing simulator
Quote :helped By The Improved Online Code, Collisions Are Improved As Well. They Are Also More Realistic. In 1.0.3 A Small Tap Of A Front Wing Against A Rear Wheel Sends The Car In Front Into A Spin (and Most Probably Damages Both Cars!), This Helps Creating A Fantastic Racing Atmosphere Where Drivers Really Want To Stay Out Of Trouble, Especially With Full Mode Enabled!

What?!?
That is marketing talk for ''our online code isn't all that great and small nudges tend to cause big crashes. We where unable to solve this so now we'll say its a feature.''
i know but does he actually expect people to buy this without thinking about it?

unless im mistaken we now have lfs which is notorious for sending car into space... rfactor which has strangely acting cars that hangle more like sponges on contact (from what ive heard) iracing which does the same as lfs though seemingly less often and nkp where any contact causes sudden death

whoever gets this fixed first will be the top sim out there
Yeah its a pretty tricky system to make 'fair' with the lag and all. At least its not as bad as GPL could be on dialup, which did what Bush promised the world; manned flights to Mars...
lfs manages to do that even in singleplayer so its a much deeper abyss that scawen is hopefully currently decending into than it should be
but anyway i cant wait for the days when you can drive next to each other with almost no space between each other with confidence
A bit odd announcement, I got the idea that lots of superlatives and big words over nothing basically. I mean this patch is not going to change (excluding physics) the game, it's just going to make it work, finally.
Quote from deggis :A bit odd announcement, I got the idea that lots of superlatives and big words over nothing basically.

I think the end result's importance will be inversely proportional to the amount of exclamation marks used in the announcement. At least he didn't use multiple ones per sentence.
Just to let you guy's know, the Beta team are testing what is hopefully one of the last/the last package from Kunos

This package doesn't have any debug etc - so it's exactly how it would be for everyone.

I will keep you posted
Finally :P. Looking forward to getting the demo and seeing if I should buy it heh.
Quote from evilpimp :Finally :P. Looking forward to getting the demo and seeing if I should buy it heh.

Yeah the new demo is multiplayer, so you can see the online improvements
cant wait for this looks really good
I cant believe people are still waiting for this "patch"
Quote from ldriver :I cant believe people are still waiting for this "patch"

Yep sure - its been an extremly long time.

But the patch is coming very soon - there's no set date at the moment but its shouldn't be long tbh.

I cant promise this *so don't hold it against me* - i would be suprised and dissapointed myself if its not out within a months time!
We should have a little session between us when the demo is multiplayer demo is released .
Quote from evilpimp :We should have a little session between us when the demo is multiplayer demo is released .

I hate the FF1600 :P
Cmooon you wouldn't die from driving it for 1 hour :P
Quote from evilpimp :Cmooon you wouldn't die from driving it for 1 hour :P

True :P

Im up for a race when its released
Good good. ;D
Quote from mclarenmatt :True :P

Im up for a race when its released

Count me in! Great little car (well, when it's set up properly anyway Otherwise it's a bitch.)

I'm loving the feel of the cars in 1.03.
I'm really excited about this! I recently downloaded the 1.02 demo and I'm still having a blast just driving around on my own. The physics and FFB are totally awesome in my opinion. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that the online code is good and that people start playing regularly!

By the way, have the system requirements changed since 1.02?
Yeah, the 5 people in the world still caring about NKPro after being screwed of their money will certainly appreciate Kunos releasing the version he promised three years ago...
Quote from bbman :Yeah, the 5 people in the world still caring about NKPro after being screwed of their money will certainly appreciate Kunos releasing the version he promised three years ago...

It gets even better when those 5 persons would be willing to pay for it again

Anyways, if the 1.03 gets released I might check it out just for curiosity. The cars don't interest me the slightest but the tracks are good in nk. What I'm interested to see is that if 1.03 gets released what happens after that. Will it take many years again for kunos to put out the next fix patch? Is there in reality a chance for the osella to be released or the nk to grow what it was supposed to be? How long until kunos just disappears? The cold hard fact is that he isn't getting much if any money from the sim racing public with any current or future versions of nk... so to be able to dev nk he has to take other jobs.
Given the situation I'd assume that NKPro (at least the publically available version) is not really his source of income. Pity, because it actually has some very good features/implementations and it could of been both his source of income and fame.
Will 1.03 include that Hillclimb car and track? I remember seeing a vid of that and it looked pretty sweet.

If I am able to get a good impression of the next patch from the demo (when its released :P) I might just buy it.

NetKar Pro [v1.3 released]
(2766 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG