The online racing simulator
Final Event 12, FE Club rev & LX4
Thread is open, speak your mind
can we change the car?
Can we change the track?
Can we reset car like last week?
no, no and no
Unfortunately, I can´t race this final event because I´ll be leaving to the United States this saturday. So, I just want to thank everybody in OLFSL for all the fun I had during the season, and hope to see all in the next one. Best of luck to everyone in the next race!!
I removed my 'hotlap'. There is no reason to race with such a laptime and I cannot practise before raceday.
Well....this may help a few drivers, I've found that a set made with extreme ride height and soft springs tends to stay the course better than say a 50/50 mix of both......now this isn't meant to be a speed demon....it's meant to stay on the track...try it it might help.
#9 - bbman
Also, a good bit of positive toe makes the rear much more stable in the first corner...
ya Yaaa
Got game?
I'm Ready.
Got a good start (Pool 4) and the car was feeling good then spun at the last turn on lap 4 after being distracted by someones witty comments, which really pissed me off, please don't chat, I prefer to leave chat on because sometimes messages are important witty comments in the opening laps are not. I got back going in 16th place and got back into the car again before spinning at lap 9 after being distracted by an LFSW message and decided that I'd had enough after that.

It's the one thing I really hate about LFS, the text has to either be distracting or so small you can't read it, and the connections graph (which I never look at) and HUD can't be turned off without disabling yellow/blue flag notices. N2003 seems to manage enough information with less distractions.
omg ?!?!? lost connection?"!?"?"!? :irked:
1st time ever in a olfsl race ..i mightly upset that i could not fight for 14-15th place with [Nassa] Hallen .
was it only me?? coz i hardly ever get lost connection unless bawbag kicks me
big thx for all olfsl members & drivers for a fun season and hope to get back racing here very soon.
Well, after a somewhat chaotic start of the race (many many cars wanted to drive through a tiny tiny turn, at the same time of course), I had a rather unspectacular race... Till my bad luck struck again... I flipped the LX, but not in the chicane, as you would expect, NO, I managed that stunt in the sharp corner after the uphill-section (1st turn)... :banghead:
Pool 4.

What can I say, best olfsl race ever Started from 12th, finished 2nd. No mistakes, just took easy until people spinned in front or made mistakes. Last 5-6 laps where nice: got the second place and totally open road ahead. That feels so good.
Yes, Pool 4 was a good race, I notice a few people cutting the track quite badly, not sure how tough the rule is for this.

I made a horrendous mistake, in practice I was using 1.2% a lap, but in the race I was using, for some reason, 1.3%, so I didnt have enough fuel, I had to make a choice in the last 5 laps, either slow down, or pit, I choose to slow down, and lost a place, likely Firedup overtook me on the 59th lap and I didnt have to do the last lap, which I wouldnt had made LOL.

Dan,
Thanks 4 a great season all OLFSL staff
#17 - bozo
Thanks for all the effort put into this series, OLFSL admins & staff.

Pool 3 was a hoot today. I was expecting to make up places as people in front spun, but everybody was just so consistent

I think I spent most of the race defending my place, first against Solar until he dropped back, then Faikez who twice managed to squeeze through, and finally Blackout. The LX4 can be made quite wide when the need arises

This league was my first trial at online racing, and I'm hooked! I'm looking forward to the next series.
To all those who organised and ran this great league for the past season

THANK YOU
This race was not really good for me (pool4). I made a 'nice' turn up (car stayed upside down) from second place , (it was my mistake), so I was sad, but I enjoyed to spectate the race after this. It was a good race to view. Congrats FiredUP/ChristijaNL.

Thanks to the staff for this great leauge. Keep up the good work in the next season too. :thumbsup3
Great final in pool 3
Didnt do much training for this race, less than 30 laps before the race I think. Been busy lately, and I should be busy now too actyally. Good fight with Bozo in the last laps, really easy combo to defend your position. I was a bit faster but couldnt find good place to overtake. The best one was in the final corner when Bozo went sligtly slower to the corner and left some room to the apex but I just didnt dare to use it.

My first season and finishing 15th in the standings is much more than I thought could be able to do. And great season it was I think, most memorable events were, well the rallycross races wich I still hate and that allmost a two hour race in Aston with XRR (wich I used to hate). And offcourse invitation to join FF by FienDis, doing the skins for the team now and I just loving it! A little dream come true too, people using my skins and Im not forcing them with a gun

Thank you OLFSL crew!
The best for me of yesterdays race was the fight for a few laps with FienDi It was hard, fair and clean and such a fight is a great motivation for racing!

I have to say thanx to family FienDi & the staff - they did a really good job the whole season and it was a pleasure to me to race in OLFSL

I am looking forward to the next races and perhaps I can improve my skills a little bit I know that it's getting hard to compete with the best LFS racers but that's the main reason to spend a lot of time with my wheel & pedals

Hopefully i can motivate some fast austrian racers to show that austrian cars are fast es well (not only Puch from Styria )
Quote from Psymonhilly :omg ?!?!? lost connection?"!?"?"!? :irked:
1st time ever in a olfsl race ..i mightly upset that i could not fight for 14-15th place with [Nassa] Hallen .
was it only me?? coz i hardly ever get lost connection unless bawbag kicks me
big thx for all olfsl members & drivers for a fun season and hope to get back racing here very soon.

It was not only you, a few others diconnected, but not at the same time. I can't be sure if they left because of wrecking out or if they had a computer problem. One person had a problem with a virus program popping up.
I had a bad race. I was up to 4th at one point because of people wrecking in front of me. I then got stupid and had a very strange off on the last corner. The car just slid off wide. I did it to myself, but I am not sure how right now. Then I had the rear lock up on my in the same corner and I lost a lot of time. I was never able to catch back up.
But, overall, I am pretty happy. It was my first race in a long time up in pool 2.

Sorry you were not there the whole race to battle with me. It would have been fun. It turns out that only 10 cars finished. I was 9th. I expected some dropouts because of wrecks. Many people were taking the chicane way too fast and taking way too much curb (kerb) on the second part of the chicane. I figured there would be several flips there. But I did not expect that many people to drop out.
Quote from Hallen :Many people were taking the chicane way too fast and taking way too much curb (kerb) on the second part of the chicane. I figured there would be several flips there. But I did not expect that many people to drop out.

I'm definetely a sucker to taking it to fast, I allways made time up in their because I took so much kerb and went in tso fast but messed it up a few times, I had to be fast somewhere as from being under pressure from guys behind I was losing alot of time in the 1st corner and the last, ironicly got the line back in the dying laps lol.

Good race none the less and congradulations to Sracer for the season win.

well
considering I must have only done a total of 15-20 laps practice on the track/car I'm pretty pleased with my result. Start 14th and finished 8th.

Hope I can make next season, especially as some of my track/car ideas will be used!

Final Event 12, FE Club rev & LX4
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG