Canadian GP dropped from 2009 calender
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/71205

What do you think of this? Personally I was thinking it's a bit mad to take away a good circuit while France and Spain still have the most boring tracks in F1. But maybe it will give them time to sort out the track surface.

Another important thing mentioned in that article is that the FIA will allow the teams to equalise engine performance in 2009. So Vettel and Alonso are right back in the title fight in my opinion, since the only thing holding Renault and Red Bull back has been the engine.
NO!!
That sucks! It's such a good track!
Don't fear the loss of old and boring tracks when we get such new masterpieces of trackdesign from our all loved guru Hermann Tilke.

/sarcasm

I guess Canada wouldn't want to pay Bernie's moonprices anymore...
:thumbsdow It is a very good track. I'd much prefer to lose a track like Bahrain where the only reason they are on the calendar is because of $.
WTF!!!! That sucks.
TBH, I find that ridiculous and outrageous? I heard this this morning and I couldn't believe it (I kept laughing). Yes, there might be a few problems with the track complex: deteriorating tack surface, old/small pit stalls, etc. But, this is probably one of the best tracks and best GPs in the F1 calendar. Teams and drivers love to come here for the city and track and the fans love it, so there's no point in taking it away (except $ and BernieNonsense). It's simply bad to see it go; let's hope that will change.
well, when you're sure F1 can't get any shitier retarded-berni comes and surprise everyone with yet another stupid desicion. Awesome, i'm done with F1
You better hope you have a narrow track with few overtaking spots, little run off area and worse facilities...that also has a spare £100 million.
I suppose this is fall-out from the recent issues with the track surface. Shame though.
I'm not quite sure I understand what "equalise engine performance" means, are we going to have 1 engine provider? Or fixed power output? (which will just meen engine providers spend the same amount of money finding ways to output that power in a wider range of circumstances).

Dropping Canada is pretty sucky, it was a good GP. The excuse that the cars cannot cope with it is daft because the track is there and it's the job of the teams to make a car that can get around it bloody fast.
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm not quite sure I understand what "equalise engine performance" means, are we going to have 1 engine provider? Or fixed power output? (which will just meen engine providers spend the same amount of money finding ways to output that power in a wider range of circumstances).

I'm glad I'm not the only one who was stumped by "equalise engine performance." It makes it sound like they're going to use crate engines.
Quote from Becky Rose :I'm not quite sure I understand what "equalise engine performance" means, are we going to have 1 engine provider? Or fixed power output? (which will just meen engine providers spend the same amount of money finding ways to output that power in a wider range of circumstances).

Basically some teams have been improving engine performance while disguising it as reliability changes, no prizes for guessing what team has bent the rules the most. I think they will just allow the other teams to make similar changes so they are at least able to keep up, because the engine freeze has not worked properly.
This is absolutely amazing for me. Unfortunate to see that F1 will not have a race in North American
I think it will either return to the calendar like France did or come back in 2010 due to the simple issue of TV revenue. It's an evening race in Europe which gets amongst the highest ratings - although Abu Dhabi will have a similar function next year.

The other reason it may have been dropped is this whole eighteen races bollocks. Can't they cut down on the in-season testing and go up to 20-22 races like Dr Mario suggested?

As for engine balancing, it may or may not be dynoing the cars and adjusting the power output. I still think Alonso will not be in the title fight if he stays at Renault as even if the power outputs are equal the chassis won't be.
Quote from lizardfolk :This is absolutely amazing for me. Unfortunate to see that F1 will not have a race in North American

Why is it that this is absolutely amazing for you? Just curious to know how you are affected.
Quote from thisnameistaken :I suppose this is fall-out from the recent issues with the track surface. Shame though.

That was my first thought, then I realised it was Bernie we were talking about, so track quality isn't on the radar.

Money is, though. Lots and lots of it.

Who cares about atmosphere?
Who cares about heritage?
Who cares about a great track to race on?
Who cares about challenging the drivers and teams??

Bernie doesn't. Bernie cares about money. Every decision he makes has money at the heart of it. Often he uses the reason that the facilities aren't up to scratch for removing a GP. Well the facilities were good enough last year for the teams - and I can't imagine many circuits have reduced the size or quantity of pit garages, or sold off half the paddock to Tesco. Usually it's due to a lucrative new GP in some newly rich country, with a lovely Tilke-designed circuit somewhere amongst all the tarmac run-off, bankrolled by a government, whilst the governments of "traditional" GPs such as Britain, France (and now Canada) quite rightly refuse to put state, taxpayers money into the pockets of that greedy, evil little poison dwarf.

Still, he's getting on a bit isn't he? Can't be long now.
Quote from STROBE :
Bernie doesn't. Bernie cares about money.

He can go lick his money and die
Well I'm glad I went to the Canadian GP this year, as it might be the last ever.
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
FIA is sinking in a deep sh*t with this track changing! Why they don't erase SPA, Monza or other superb tracks and change them with stupid Tilke'droms like Valencia or Abu-Dhabi?!

F-1 + Tilke and Bernie = Disaster
Quote from STROBE :That was my first thought, then I realised it was Bernie we were talking about, so track quality isn't on the radar.

Money is, though. Lots and lots of it.

Who cares about atmosphere?
Who cares about heritage?
Who cares about a great track to race on?
Who cares about challenging the drivers and teams??

Bernie doesn't. Bernie cares about money. Every decision he makes has money at the heart of it. Often he uses the reason that the facilities aren't up to scratch for removing a GP. Well the facilities were good enough last year for the teams - and I can't imagine many circuits have reduced the size or quantity of pit garages, or sold off half the paddock to Tesco. Usually it's due to a lucrative new GP in some newly rich country, with a lovely Tilke-designed circuit somewhere amongst all the tarmac run-off, bankrolled by a government, whilst the governments of "traditional" GPs such as Britain, France (and now Canada) quite rightly refuse to put state, taxpayers money into the pockets of that greedy, evil little poison dwarf.

Still, he's getting on a bit isn't he? Can't be long now.

I was going to make a point, but basically it was that

18 GPs I want.

Australia - Adelaide/Surfers Paradise (that would be cool :P)
Japan - Suzuka/Fuji
America - Long Beach
Canada - Montreal
Brazil - Interlagos
Spain - Catalunya
France - Pau/Paul Ricard
GB - Brands Hatch/Silverstone (or Cadwell... :P)
Germany - Hockenheim (old one please) (or Nordschliefe :P)
Italy - Monza
Austria - Osterichring (hows that spelt??)
Belgium - Spa
Holland - Zandvoort
Monte Carlo - Monaco
Portugal - Estoril
Turkey - Instanbul (Tilke's one good track )

I'm sure theres some glaringly obvious ones ive missed - point them out to me
Quote :(hows that spelt??)

With letters that are not on your keyboard... :P
Quote from Becky Rose :With letters that are not on your keyboard... :P

ñöt réâlly

I know it starts with a Ö, i just dont know the rest

EDIT: Shit I can't count - theres only 16 there :P
Quote from J@tko :Australia - Adelaide/Surfers Paradise (that would be cool :P)
Japan - Suzuka/Fuji
America - Long Beach
Canada - Montreal
Brazil - Interlagos
Spain - Catalunya
France - Pau/Paul Ricard
GB - Brands Hatch/Silverstone (or Cadwell... :P)
Germany - Hockenheim (old one please) (or Nordschliefe :P)
Italy - Monza
Austria - Osterichring (hows that spelt??)
Belgium - Spa
Holland - Zandvoort
Monte Carlo - Monaco
Portugal - Estoril
Turkey - Instanbul (Tilke's one good track )

I'm sure theres some glaringly obvious ones ive missed - point them out to me

European GP at Donington. French GP at a new venue TBC. USA at Indy Road. Oesterreichring/A1 Ring has been flattened and is being rebuilt. Old Hockenheim has been covered in trees but IMO they could go either to Lausitzring or an extended version of Norisring. Singapore is a good track, too.

I'd also like to see some European races run under floodlights but that's a side issue.
Quote from duke_toaster :European GP at Donington. French GP at a new venue TBC. USA at Indy Road. Oesterreichring/A1 Ring has been flattened and is being rebuilt. Old Hockenheim has been covered in trees but IMO they could go either to Lausitzring or an extended version of Norisring. Singapore is a good track, too.

I'd also like to see some European races run under floodlights but that's a side issue.

Donington +1
Norisring +1000000
I hope the A1 ring is better than it was tbh.

-1 for Singapore from me - theres better tracks out there

How can we have a European GP at night? The entire world is asleep!!! :P

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG