The online racing simulator
12 miles to a gallon?
(35 posts, started )
I get between 9-11 mpg on track with my SHO (depends on the racetrack). Driving to the track, I run in the mid 20s. ~3000lbs, 240fwhp, 3.2L V6. The car runs at 14:1 a/f on the highway, and roughly 13:1 while on track.

How would you guys feel about adjustable fuel trims as far as a tuning option?

I think LFS does a fine job with fuel mileage.
Could someone upload XRT setup with normal road ratios? I tried changing em but I ain't got an idea how it works and what I'm meant to do!

Thankies.
I used this one:

Final drive ratio 3.8
1st - 3.2
2nd - 2.1
3rd - 1.347
4th - 0.981
5th - 0.78

If you would like to make it more Ricer(ish), then you should change the final drive to more like 4 or 4.1 i think.
Thanks dude, I'll do it later on.

Stuck with art and physics homework at the moment :P
Quote from S14 DRIFT :That says alot then!

Yup. It's a 1.9L 4cyl engine, and I got 22mpg last tank of gas. Spark plugs hadn't been changed for 48,000mi though, and I just changed them two days ago. Before my engine started having problems I averaged 30mpg.
Oh dear :O
Sounds about right TBH, the LX4/6 have bike engines which seem to be more efficient with fuel.

My RL car (EP82 Toyota Starlet GT Turbo) runs at about 27mpg with normal driving (And some A/B road hoonage). Quite good given the performance, although it is only a 1.3.
straight 6 = bike engine? Do they even exist

I saw people mounting V8s on choppers in america but never heard bikes having straight 6ers
12 miles to the gallon is very reasonable for circuit racing, the Focus (standard 1.6) got 13 mpg round Donington. Most race engines (even fairly standard production based ones) over 2 litres will be using a litre or more round a typical lap.

Quote from Electric Eye :straight 6 = bike engine? Do they even exist

Honda made 250cc racing straight 6s in the 1960s, but it isn't really great from a packaging point of view for bikes. The LX6 has a 1.9 litre engine (I think) and certainly isn't meant to be bike derived, probably closest in characteristics to a K series or similar light and relatively highly strung 4 cylinder engine.
1.8 litre inline 6

It's called a 6 for a reason

12 miles to a gallon?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG