The online racing simulator
Government will spy on every call and e-mail!!!!
You live in a Kingdom, and you have a Queen, United Kingdom, and we all are on the year 2008
Why are you worried?

You should only be worried if your doing things wrong. Thats what its there for.

What are ID cars? Sound like a great invention to me.
#5 - mr_x
I live in a free country.....

.... or I did.
Doesn't bother me, I don't use BT or Vodaphone

I can't see this being passed and I suspect if it did you will see conditions such as "evidence has to be provided that they user is a risk" storing all of the data they want (lul, I wonder how long it'd be until CDs go missing) will be a huge waste of time and money unless some poor sod has to go through it all, which is highly unlikely unless while they sign this into law they remove the data protection act.
Not going to bother me.....I do my criminal communication by carrier pigeons these days.
#9 - 5haz
Big Brother is watching you.

Stop being naughty, and then the govt won't have to do these things to make people think they're doing something about it.

What the hell happened to the data protection act?
Only a matter of time before it's brought in over here then...Can I have any peace these days? :rolleyes:

You'd think with the impending worldwide recession and whatnot, that they'd have better things to be doing than spending £12,000,000,000 on "monitoring" every person in the country

One particular comment stands out...
Quote :How many USBs, CDs and laptops will they have to lose to reveal all this information to the general public? Or are they going to save time and just post it all online immediately?
Rowan, Hereford,

Quote from mcintyrej :You should only be worried if your doing things wrong. Thats what its there for.

What if you don't do anything wrong but it looks like you're doing something wrong and then you are tricked into saying things that aren't true but make you admit guilt. How about a GPS implant that tracks you everywhere you go? If you aren't doing anything wrong then you have nothing to worry about, right?
If you aren't doing anything wrong then why not post every web adress you visit, as well as every TV show, every phonecall, every converstaion, every embarresing encounter with a bird etc... if your not doing ANYTHING wrong you shouldn't have any against posting these on this forum for all of us to see.

Or do you trust some guy you've NEVER met, who hasn't even been elected sitting in a dark room secretly watching you. You don't know his real motives, and his real behavour... you would let HIM see it BUT NOT US???!?!? odd logic innit
Quote from Intrepid :If you aren't doing anything wrong then why not post every web adress you visit, as well as every TV show, every phonecall, every converstaion, every embarresing encounter with a bird etc... if your not doing ANYTHING wrong you shouldn't have any against posting these on this forum for all of us to see.

Or do you trust some guy you've NEVER met, who hasn't even been elected sitting in a dark room secretly watching you. You don't know his real motives, and his real behavour... you would let HIM see it BUT NOT US???!?!? odd logic innit

Paranoid are we by any chance?

Listen it happens already, I've watched the movies, read the files on the net....this is nothing new. And if it happens to root out some nut-cases hell bent on blowing people up in our cities then it is the lesser evil we may have to go with.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Paranoid are we by any chance?

Listen it happens already, I've watched the movies, read the files on the net....this is nothing new. And if it happens to root out some nut-cases hell bent on blowing people up in our cities then it is the lesser evil we may have to go with.

of course I am friggin' paranoid. I don't trust politicians one bit!

We happily give these people control over everything... like, let's say the ECONOMY, and look what they go and do!

We entrust so much control to these people that we have never met, nor do we know anything about. If your happy to trust these people then that's fine you can live in that world, but I don't!

Well I say give control, but we don't really have much choice. But the more control we give these people YOU HAVE NEVER MET the worse our situation will become.

I trust people in general to be 'moral', I don't trust power hungry freaks on an ego trip to parliament!

We should be spying on them, not them spying on us!
Quote from Intrepid :of course I am friggin' paranoid. I don't trust politicians one bit!

We happily give these people control over everything... like, let's say the ECONOMY, and look what they go and do!

Despite the fact that the economy is failing due to reckless actions by bankers in mainly in America, which as lead to panic on the stock markets throughout the world....none of which the politicians control.

Quote from Intrepid :
We entrust so much control to these people that we have never met, nor do we know anything about. If your happy to trust these people then that's fine you can live in that world, but I don't!

These people hold open meeting more or less every month, these people are our representatives and as such the public have a right to speak to them/meet them. If you can't do that, then don't complain about not knowing anything about them....the opportunity is there.

Quote from Intrepid :
Well I say give control, but we don't really have much choice.

, sorry I don't understand. You say give them control, but then say we don't have much choice. What are you trying to say here, that dictatorship is the way to go?

Quote from Intrepid :
We should be spying on them, not them spying on us!

We do, it's called tabloid press. You now the papers with the big boobies on page three.
What happened to privacy,can't see this taking place,who will keep track off the several thousand/million emails and forms off comunication made a day next there will be CCTV in public toilets
#17 - Woz
Quote from mcintyrej :Why are you worried?

You should only be worried if your doing things wrong. Thats what its there for.

What are ID cars? Sound like a great invention to me.

Depends on what they decide is wrong tbh.

Bring in the thought police is all I say!!!
Quote from 5haz :What the hell happened to the data protection act?

The government have the powers to listen to your phone calls or read your emails.

This came from a book I was using for information on Legislations for my ICT coursework, two of their powers:

Regulations of Investigatory Powers Act 2000

They can order telecommunications companies to intercept your communications (e-mails, telephone calls, text messages, voice mail, etc.)

They are able to target everyone in the hope that they will catch some people doing something illegal

Strange how Data Protection Acts and Privacy doesn't apply to the Government, they should follow the acts like the rest of us. They would be able to obtain important information like Credit Card Details, passwords and so on, you could always get someone who works for the Government tracking internet usuage, phone calls etc. To find out credit card details go home and buy something using them. I reckon there may be, hopefully be a protest about this.
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :next there will be CCTV in public toilets

That would never be allowed, hopefully. It would be wrong and disgusting.
Quote from sam93 :That would never be allowed, hopefully. It would be wrong and disgusting.

I know,but I don't think reading peoples emails etc is very fair either unless they have a reason for legall issue or crime but not really fair to be envading peoples privacy is it ?
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :I know,but I don't think reading peoples emails etc is very fair either unless they have a reason for legall issue or crime but not really fair to be envading peoples privacy is it ?

Very true, good point. It would be like someone breathing over your shoulder all the time. The government would know everything. What is the point in the investment, they could put it to better use, they could use the money to stop drug dealing/taking on the streets and crimes not a database costing millions just to be nossy, what is the need in it. These article will be featured in my ICT report for shore, a very good example of people gathering data that invades your privacy and so on.
Quote from sam93 :Very true, good point. It would be like someone breathing over your shoulder all the time. The government would know everything. What is the point in the investment, they could put it to better use, they could use the money to stop drug dealing/taking on the streets and crimes not a database costing millions just to be nossy, what is the need in it. These article will be featured in my ICT report for shore, a very good example of people gathering data that invades your privacy and so on.

Yeah exactly, They should convert all the money and time into stopping rell crime,everyday murders,robbery,drug dealing takes place and tbh it doesn't seem to be getting any better infact alot worst.They should try and come up with an idea to combat these crimes and then maybe give this email tracking a go.

And how would this actually work alot off people give or given there personal details such as bank account details,passwords etc etc how could people carry out this when they know someone is watching ? if this came in I could see E-mailing dying as a result.
So they came up with yet another way to **** us over "for our own good". First CCTV on every street corner, then the national DNA register, then the compulsory ID card, and now completely indiscriminate surveillance of communications.

Can't we just have the terrorists? It's not like they're bothering me.

Given the government's history of large-scale IT development ****-ups, I doubt this will ever see the light of day. And if it does it'll cost 10x the budget they're talking about, never work properly, and the whole lot will be leaked within weeks by some grey-faced cretin leaving his briefcase on a bus.

If they're going to treat us like criminals, let's act like criminals. Torch your council offices tomorrow.
I'm Loving this moral outrage here.

Don't you know that in School/work they can monitor/read any emails sent and any website visited....why is the government doing it any different?

The final act would not be as bad as the initial 'report' (read scaremongering pish)linked by the OP. There will be limits as to when and how it to be used, this is basiclaly getting the big companies on board.
Quote from Mackie The Staggie :Don't you know that in School/work they can monitor/read any emails sent and any website visited....why is the government doing it any different?

I don't go to school and I am my employer. And anyway, schools and employers aren't likely to make long-term storage of *all* your communications, just in case, are they?

Quote from Mackie The Staggie :The final act would not be as bad as the initial 'report' (read scaremongering pish)linked by the OP. There will be limits as to when and how it to be used, this is basiclaly getting the big companies on board.

Why is it even necessary at all? Billions of pounds on an IT project to monitor all communication between 60 million people. How many of them are terrorists? It's a pointlessly and offensively invasive, not to mention obscenely expensive white elephant.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG