The online racing simulator
2 screens and maximising?
(13 posts, started )
Well basicly I currently have 2 screens installed, but I cant find the answer to one question: Is there a way so that when I maximise screens it only maxises it onto the screen its actully on, if that makes sense? So the maxismise doesnt stretch it across both screens
#2 - J@tko
Hmm does it automatically for me.

I have my laptop screen and an old one above it plugged into the side.

I just drag the window to the screen I want, press maximise and it automatically maximises it to that screen
Hmm : / Maybe thats a os thing? im on xp still :P
#4 - J@tko
Yeah I'm on vista

Could be.
Could also be a driver thing, I know nVidia has the option to setup "multiple desktops" or something like that I don't remember the term anymore that you need to manually use, then it will work... I remember having the stretched problem a long time ago but never had it since... sorry I am not more helpful.
#6 - J@tko
Dunno if this is any help:

In Vista - Desktop>Right Click>Personalise>Display Settings
Attached images
1.jpg
2.jpg
#7 - Jakg
Do that method rather than using dualview or span or anything - make sure Windows knows you have TWO monitors.
My options with the default windows stuff seem rather limitied atm as seen in this screen shot, to set up I just went straight to my nvidia drivers.

sorry for paint+not cropping =]

Edit: Woahhh stretched background
Attached images
2screenns.PNG
#9 - J@tko
Quote from jimaxx :My options with the default windows stuff seem rather limitied atm as seen in this screen shot, to set up I just went straight to my nvidia drivers.

sorry for paint+not cropping =]

Edit: Woahhh stretched background

Whats on the screen behind it - the one thats partly hidden?
All I have open is: Msn / vent / skype / firefox / Nvidia control panel and the display propeties stuff open.
#11 - Jakg
Ignore nVidia - just go to display properties, then click on the monitor, then enable and then extend my desktop to this monitor?
As in the moniter which is "default" and all options are faded for? : / or am i missing something? :]

Edit: Fixed it by restarting (LOL) other than that I actully prefer Nvidia's way of doing as it stretches the taskbar, but ill probably look for some better software
#13 - Jakg
Taskbar stretching can be done via Ultramon.

Trust me, nVidia's multi-monitor options really really suck for most users.

(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG