The online racing simulator
...an open invitation (request) for server testing from CoRe Racing
Everyone,

I am in the process of testing some new server suppliers in North America. What I need is as much server utilzation as possible. The potential supplier would like to check bandwidth, connection stability, and processor utilization.

The server name is "VSK Server Rentals". It is currently active according to LFS World. If you are in North America, look in the very low ping range to find it. I welcome our South American, European, and all other LFS friends to come in and test as well.

At the outset, the server will be set for Blackwood and will have all cars enabled. Users can change tracks and qual/lap settings. After 7PM EST (12 PM GMT), I will have admin rights to change the game settings, like wind, pit requirements, car selection, etc.. I would like to see a peak North American usage between the hours of 8PM and 11PM EST.

If this is successful, this supplier may be able to offer high quality server rentals to the LFS community for very competitive prices.

For your information, I am not affiliated, sponsored, employed or otherwise connected to this server supplier. I will benefit from this test in no way other than having the opportunity to rent a LFS server without breaking the bank.

I want to thank everyone in advance for helping me on this test. I hope to be able to bring another reliable, affordable, North American based server supplier to the LFS community.
#2 - Reed
I'll be there tonight after I'm off work, Banshee
I will test tonite
If I get 5, I will drop by, to give it a test, and to see the long lost Reed
#5 - laanp
Server Test
Yowza, I will try and suck all the bandwidth I possibly can....

#6 - Tick
Ray @ VSK is a major Dick, Stay far away form them. the low pings are not worth the attitude this guy has.

Trust me Banshee I speak from experiance.

Tick
Host not found on Master Server
Quote from banshee56 :What I need is as much server utilzation as possible...

...LFS...

...in North America

Good luck finding people
Quote from AndroidXP :
Good luck finding people

Well, you have to understand that since 'Mericans are voracious consumers, each 'Merican LFS racer sucks up approximately double the bandwidth that any given European racer would. Therefore, it takes only half the number of 'Mericans to test a server as it would if only anemic Europeans were used.

The other way of looking at it is if we have more good NA based servers, maybe we can grow the NA fan base
Quote from Hallen :Well, you have to understand that since 'Mericans are voracious consumers, each 'Merican LFS racer sucks up approximately double the bandwidth that any given European racer would. Therefore, it takes only half the number of 'Mericans to test a server as it would if only anemic Europeans were used.

ROFL!
I'll be there, but my time might be limited unless you set it for FOX/SO LONG REV. I have got to practice for OWRL tomorow.
Quote from Tick :Ray @ VSK is a major Dick, Stay far away form them. the low pings are not worth the attitude this guy has.

Trust me Banshee I speak from experiance.

Tick

To the contrary, Ray has been very easy to work with to get this test set up. As I stated, we are in evaluation mode. Please PM or email regarding specifics of your "experience". Thanks!
Quote from hammer it :Host not found on Master Server

Edited original post for the modified server name. Sorry.
I'll give it a test Mr Banshee, see if I can find those stealth oil slicks like you had in the last server...
hey banshee, server performed great, no lagging at all .

Good racing too, great choice of car\track for the test!
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Sorry about that Kev. I have admin controls, so if someone is causing problems, please let me know. I appreciate your willingness to help us test.
It worked good for me, but I wasn't there very long either. NY bandwidth hog here

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG